Wife Swap (TV Reality show)

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

kdddav'swife

Wife Swap (TV Reality show)

Postby kdddav'swife » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:28 pm

Last night on Wife Swap the show featured a family who believes that bacteria is their friend and never cleans, refuses to eat cooked food and brushes teeth with clay and butter.Their kids did not go to school (or do home school either from the sound of it) and had to work the farm. Another time they featured a family where mom and dad were in a rock band and bragged that they regularly had keg parties at their home where they have two small kids.

Do you all think they would get many applicants for these shows if more people knew how evil CPS can be? I don't. Think about it. If any of us on this forum were to openly brag about having keg parties or stated that "Bacteria is our friend"never cooked or educated our kids or cleaned our homes CPS would be back in our lives in a minute.
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:07 pm

Usually CPS never gets involved with a family who has the media attention like these shows, or newspapers, or whatever. CpS will get involved if the family is alone, low key, has no defense, has too many bills, no money for lawyers, or whatever. Families who are on the show or elsewhere in the media, CPS usually keeps a low profile and don't want to get involved. CPS likes to strike when some one is alone, poor, has no support system, has no money for Lawyers. When there are too many people around these people, CPS usually backs off if there are too many witnesses. I am serious. They don't like some one's watching what they are doing. They like to strike people who are dumb, has no knowledge about the Laws, don't know about their rights, uneducated and broke.

If these people has the money, it is most likely CPS don't want to get involved if these should get a Lawyer as fast as 1-800- ASK A LAWYER. They usually avoid legality of it all. But however, I think it is really interesting to watch where and who CPS targets at. It is always at the Poor! People who has no money for Lawyers, those are the types they targets at.
Even Dr. Phil and Montel Williams are catching on about Foster Care System being abused by CPS.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:46 am

yeah these families are extreeme and probably much of this is just made up for entertainment purposes. I think if in reality this family didn't eat cooked meat somebody would have landed in the hospital with an infection and the cops would have called cps. Also maybe the family that takes the kids to keg parties just hadn't been called on yet. Lots of people take thier kids to parties where alcohol is served but few get cps called on them for doing that. My sisters husbands ex wife has done this for years finally somebody called on her but it just so happend they called when my sister and her husband had the kids so they left with out doing anything.

Marina

Postby Marina » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:40 am

It may depend on the locality.

Some of our college student neighbors had a party. For some reason the police were called.

All the county kids fled but the city kids didn't leave. They weren't worried.

luvmyboyz

Postby luvmyboyz » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:57 pm

I saw that when it first aired I was like wow!

Return to “Round Table”