Finding mental health care that isn't CPS connected

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

righteousbabe

Finding mental health care that isn't CPS connected

Postby righteousbabe » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:28 am

How do you do this?

Is it as simple as just asking if they are a provider contracted with CPS?

Our kids have varying needs for mental health/counseling/etc. *I* need therapy due to PTSD like symptoms directly related to CPS harassment for the past five years.

We are not anti-psych, we just don't want CPS entanglements and can't trust anyone working "for the man", so to speak.

How do you go about finding providers?

What's ironic is that ALL OF THIS started when we sought counseling for the kids after the (then) 10 y.o., low IQ son of my GF inappropriately touched my 5 year old son. We separated, got counseling KNOWING CPS would be involved, and figured we could "handle it" and since we were doing the right thing, why worry, right?

Oh how hilarious, five years later.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:51 pm

What I did was ask every parent Iknew who they took their kids to councling with. I knew to stay away from the health dept and Youth health services. When I got a list compiled I called and asked questions like what are the qualifications of your therapists, do they contract with cps, also look up the licesencing board see if complaints have been filed. You can usually pick up on a vibe when you walk in the door the first time with how they treat you and the kid. If they seem "off" like talk to the kid like he is 2 or seem overly nasty tward you the parent or you just have a gut feeling something is wrong here. Run!!

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:26 pm

I requested private counselling by asking family doctor and he refers me there. That's how I get things privately, even got a private psch. Doctor to get a second opinion about my son's blantant 7 different disorders from CPS whacko "unlicensed" Doctor.
Then there is a seperate Mental Health Association here, that is called Canadian Mental Health Association, but the catch is that they are affliates with CPS, and they WORK TOGETHER!!!!! Even CPS has the mental health logo on their website. :roll:

So by weeding through the yellow pages, there are INDEED private Psch. Doctors that would offer family therapy and counselling. There are several I can see from my own yellow pages, there are two private owned doctors that would be willing to offer therapy and counselling but the catch is....they need a referral from your family doctor. So you make an appointment and tell your family doctor that you would like counselling for your child/ren and tell the family doctor that you would like ****** ******* name to do it and have the family doctor send a referral to that office. Then they will call you for an appointment.

That's how I got all these going on for me and my family and this is the best interests for the whole family. You don't need more interference from CPS Agency.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Return to “Round Table”