Has anyone contacted the Media?

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

dznursie42

Has anyone contacted the Media?

Postby dznursie42 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:47 am

I was just wondering if anyone has called ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, any place else regarding the behavior of cps? And has it done any good? I was thinking about contacting the media myself, but thought I would check with you guys first. Im sure it's been done.

yellernboyz

Postby yellernboyz » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:08 am

Yes, I have contacted anyone and everyone I could and no one wants to publish a story or dod an article because it is not politically correct

dznursie42

Postby dznursie42 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:43 pm

I was thinking about contacting Vi Sikahema. He does this thing on the news (NBC 10, here in Philadelphia) called Wednesdays Child. I never saw it but its supposedly about all the foster children that wish they had permanent families. I got so mad when it was advertised on the news this morning. Does anyone care that sooo many of these kids really should be with their bio parents? (like mine) Does Vi, know or wish to do something about the thousands and thousands of children that should NOT be in foster care? I told my attorney about it and she said "No, you are not contacting him!" We were interrupted and I never got to ask her why, actually she said it isnt PR worthy, but who the hell cares, ya know? Input Please !!!

Marina

Postby Marina » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:42 pm

Yes, keep trying.

I keep sending links to my local news media and hardly ever get a response.

I did get a response from an opinon columnist when I criticized his article, and he was open to more information which I sent. He was not aware of the CPS situation and was skeptical that such things happened. He couldn't believe it.

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:58 pm

The only time the media will get involved is when a child dies. Even then it's only if the circumstances are beyond the norm. I tried contacting them at the begining of the year and it did no good. Now with a 3 year old beaten to death after CPS placed her back in the home, the media is all over them.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:36 pm

I did contact all media sources that I could think of. The only one that was interested in a story was a Independant Republican newspaper that happens to originate in Virginia.

The person I communicated with was very helpful and interested, but he wanted all files to look them over, which didnt give me warm fuzzies and the trust factor came into play. My case was still open and ongoing, the caseworker was lying more and more, and I was afraid that it was going to bite me in the arse.

He kinda dropped out of the woodwork once the investigation by the state Ombudsman picked up, and the case closed within hours of being notified my case was being investigated as well as my workers ethics.

dznursie42

Postby dznursie42 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:14 am

You know what? I believe that people think that we are crazy. I think that is why nothing is done about CPS. They think that we are just a bunch of paranoid, crazy child abusers that want their kids back. Why else would something like this be ignored by so many people?

Enchanted*Forester

I contacted ALL local media...

Postby Enchanted*Forester » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:37 am

No one would even call me back or respond to my letters/e-mails/phone calls!

I think the media is afraid. If we all did it and hammered them with stories, they'd have no other choice but to look into things.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away...

Return to “Round Table”