Update on us.

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

kdddav'swife

Update on us.

Postby kdddav'swife » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:12 pm

Well it has now been 2 1/2 years since our last investigation. God willing I hope it is our last. We are still here in Florida, although both me and kdddav wish we were not. We have several reasons for wanting to move, not just CPS.

My youngest daughter is going to be eleven in Feb. and while she is technically in fifth grade she is only working on a kindergarten to first grade level work. She is severely autistic and we did not fully realize how the public schools were FAILING her until I began homeschooling
her last school year. She is progressing well considering everything.I wanted to homeschool my thirteen year old girl, who is learning disabled, as well. kdddav thinks that it would be inviting trouble with CPS again if we pulled her out of school.We have had no trouble with her school, I just think she would do better academically if she were homeschooled. She works below grade level as it is.

My youngest daughters school KNEW they were in the wrong and we sent in our notification on the Home School Legal Defense Association form with their letterhead, so we are pretty sure that is why they have never bothered us.

kdddav was denied his disability income again and our final recourse is to hope that the Appeals Council will consider his case and either remand the decision or overturn the denial.
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin.

Return to “Round Table”