1 year Later

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Momof31995

1 year Later

Postby Momof31995 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:31 am

It has been 1 year now since our case was closed and our children were completely free of CPS involvement.Since then we have sold our home and moved to a new town and new school district and strangely enough have had no problems.We have told no one from our "New Life" of our involvement with DCFS and strangely enough we have had no further involvement with these Nazis.(Knock on wood.)Still it does not keep me from having nightmares about my children being ripped away again or feeling the pain i feel when i remember what we all went through.Or watching and wondering when they will swoop in again to invade our nice peaceful life.

Well thats the way our life has been for the past year.Even though we are free of them now I will always fear what they can do to my family with just one phone call.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

kdddav'swife

Postby kdddav'swife » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:24 am

It has now been 2 1/2 years for us. It took a long time for us to be able to get a knock at the door without our hearts pounding.We never even had to sign a case plan and there were never any removals from our home, but the last two investigators were just nasty.

I still have to fight to keep from panicking whenever I see a strange white car driving slowly down our road. We are still apprehensive about when someone knocks on the door, but I am used to my sons friends comming over now so it is not as bad as it was.
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin.

anxiousmom

Postby anxiousmom » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:05 am

kdddav'swife,

Is your husband back with ya'll?

I've thought about your family & wondered how you all were doing.

Your kids were in fostercare, right? When did you get them back?

Congrats!

Momof31995

Postby Momof31995 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:18 am

My husband has always been with us he was never made to leave.
We got the Children Home in july 2006 but the case was not closed until Dec. Since then all has been good but kind of a readjustment for the kids.They too live with the fear of being taken again and I am sure they will for a very long time.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

kdddav'swife

Postby kdddav'swife » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:46 pm

anxiousmom,

My kids were never in foster care either thank GOD!!My husband was out of state seeking employment when the last investigator showed up on my doorstep.

We have had three investigations, all were unfounded. My husband never actually left the family and we are still very much together. His physical condition is poor right now and he is always in a lot of pain.

He has not been really able to work for several years, we are appealing his disability. The last investigation actually cost him the offer of a really good job in Missouri. They needed him to start right away and were willing to accomodate his needs, but then CPS came calling and when he called to tell the good news my mother in law had to tell him that we were being investigated again. They would not hold the job for him, since the investigator told him that he had to come in person to her office.
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin.

Return to “Round Table”