Dreading Saturday

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Trisha G

Dreading Saturday

Postby Trisha G » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:00 pm

Our local paper publishes birth announcements then. One of the wicked witches who was part of calling CPS on us will find out then that I had the baby last Friday. The house is clean, the cats are gone, except for a few who stay on our front porch. It's a solid shelter for them and it's kept clean too. Our daughters room tends to be a mess, but I don't think they can hold that against us. At 16 she's the one responsible for it. However my dad passed away the week before I had the baby so we now have four dogs. That's the legal limit, but knowing them, no matter how well the animals are taken care of they'll give us a hassle if they come knocking. Now we have three children in a two bedroom trailer and even though I know a newborn doesn't have to have a room of their own, that would be a major problem for them. I'll inherit enough money to buy a house with more than enough left over for mine and all three kids futures. That's going to take time to settle because my dad didn't leave a will. The stock I'll inherit right away and that's what we'll use for a house. I'd like to wait until spring to move though and I don't know how CPS will take that. I really hope they don't come knocking, but my greatest fear is that they will and they'll find some reason to steal our baby.

Marina

Postby Marina » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:13 pm

How can the newspaper publish birth announcements without your consent? There are medical laws on privacy. I think it is called HIPPA.

Call the newspaper.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:38 am

In order for the newspaper to publish the birth announcement here you have to pay something like $60 for the space in the paper. They do not just do it they have no way of getting the info because the hospital doesn't give that type of info out. They can't unless you signed a release.

glass

Postby glass » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:37 am

here, they do it as a matter of course. i bet you could ask them not to do it though.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:26 pm

several places we have lived and had children have done that to my annoyance......

I will let know who I want to know....grr....

good luck

Return to “Round Table”