Inquiring mind wants to know

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

pebbles04

Inquiring mind wants to know

Postby pebbles04 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:01 am

I just wanted to know if there was anyone that had a clue on what I can do or if I can do anything. My rights have been terminated and my boys have been adopted, but logically I just cant really sleep at night knowing what happened to me. Is there anything that I can do? Is there any loopholes and such? I need to know. Not only for myself, but for my husband and new baby. Thanks!!!
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**
(that is my quote)

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:17 pm

Wasnt your TPR done several years ago?

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:39 pm

Yes it was done years ago. And I havent had rights to them since April 26th, 2004. The thing is that there is just more stuff that I keep coming across. Like the family that my son was adopted by had MASSIVE issues. He got off scott free, but he was involved in some major things. One month after he got the adoption finalized. It is strange how those things happen. Not to mention the different things I realize with the whole case.

Also I wanted to know how much validity it held, but I know I was told at some point that you can actually file for custody through the courts even with no rights. It would be like another person filing for custody of someone's kid. But irregardless I was just curious on this stuff.
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**

(that is my quote)

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:44 pm

I read a case about a divorce where the kids lived with their father and the mother signed away her parental rights. A few years later the mother got her crap together and the father let the kids live with their mother again. She filed for custody though the courts as non-relative custody. Her petition was denied, but was different circumstances as well. It was voluntary TPR that she had done originally and there were alot of other details about her past ect, that prevented her from getting her kids back. BUT it was stated that if the father wanted to let the kids live with her, he had full legal custody and that was his decisionm but had to get POA ect since she no longer had legal rights like doctors visits ect.

I dont think its unheard of, and if hopefully someone will have more info than me about the matter.

Good luck!!

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:19 pm

I hope that someone can shed some light on this because my TPR was involuntary. The SOB is all over the papers like a month..maybe a little longer (3 months tops) after my son was placed and adoption was final he got into some MAJOR trouble. He ended up getting off from all charges because of course he was a cop and they let him go with NO charges with the condition and understanding that he quit. I just want to have my kids back or at least make sure that they know that I went through EVERY battle there was possible to get them back.

(that is my quote)

Return to “Round Table”