Children in relative's care

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:15 pm

Children in relative's care

Postby searcher » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:11 pm

Our children are in the care of a relative. Will this relative have any rights to the children when/if we get them back? I mean once the case is closed, will she be able to go after us for custody or visitation or anything?



Postby MaggieC » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:39 pm

Possibly, yes. It is called a third party action. But it depends upon your state and whether or not this party would have standing under your state's statutes. Which state do you live in?

Return to “Round Table”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests