weird thing happened today

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

katgotsteve

weird thing happened today

Postby katgotsteve » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:51 pm

i was at school picking my oldest child up and the lady we had as our last caseworker was there. it looked like she was interviewing a child because one walked out with her. as she was walking by, she looked at me and smiled and said hey, i was just about to come out your way. i said why? she said what do you mean why, i said why. she looked at me and said are you going to be at home, i said no i am going to macon for a little while. so i asked her why again. she said is mr. garvey home, i said do you mean williams (being that is my last name) she said yes, i said he is out in the van waiting on me, she then just left. no other words.

my case was closed last year, this woman isnt an investigator, but a caseworker. why in the hell would she be seeing me? i think she had me mixed up with someone else. i called her to find out what the hell she wanted and what in the world she was talking about...she never called back. my cousin thinks she just got me mixed up with someone else. if they expect me to just let them in, they are dead wrong. also, none of my kids have been interviewed, so not sure what it could be about.

one thing that comes to mind is my niece's father get out of prison on monday. i have had custody of my niece for 6 years, he was in prison for child molestation. do you think the will ask me to let him visit her? i have a whole song written for that one. i was just floored at home she came up to me like i was suppose to know about this visit.

Marina

Postby Marina » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:12 pm

It is a Dominance / Submission mind game.

This brings to mind Neurolinguistic Programming, which has been associated with social work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuro-ling ... rogramming

This is basically a method of driving normal people insane.

This is accomplished by the "programmer" acting retarded over a long period of time.

The parents have to act as caretakers for the "programmer" because the programmer cannot communicate in any kind of civilized manner, but continues to act retarded over a long period of time. After a while, this creates a burnout for the parents.

I have known 2 people who have studied this. They were both single, with no children. They both acted the same. They had too much time and money, so took these moronic courses to try and learn social skills. They were mailed boxes and boxes full of these magazines.

They both imagined themselves to be superior, not having a clue that they were acting retarded.

I finally reacted to the lady one time, and she was thrilled. She said, now why haven't you reacted before.

I said, "For the same reason I don't normally ridicule a retarded person."

She said, "Oh, you are calling me retarded?"

You see, it is all a mind game with them. They get a power trip from it. Each success feeds into the next power trip.

When parents finally realize what kind of mind games caseworkers are playing, it is usually too late.

Under the section, Concepts and Models:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuro-ling ... n_Erickson

As a result, they claimed that there were only three behaviour patterns underlying successful communication in therapy, business and sales:

to know what outcome you want,

to be flexible in your behaviour,

and to generate different kinds of behaviour to find out what response you get, and to have enough sensory experience to notice when you get the responses that you want.

Here is the Milton Model:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_model

The patterns of the Milton Model can be used to

pace another person's reality to gain rapport.

access unconscious resources of another person to gather information or to lead them into an altered state.

distract the conscious mind.

Erickson maintained that it was not possible to consciously instruct the unconscious mind, and that authoritarian suggestions were likely to be met with resistance. The unconscious mind responds to openings, opportunities, metaphors and contradictions.

Effective hypnotic suggestion, then, should be 'artfully vague', leaving space for the subject to fill in the gaps with their own unconscious understandings - even if they do not consciously grasp what is happening.

The Milton model is purposely vague and metaphoric and is used to soften the meta model and make indirect suggestions.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:30 pm

Other than a polite nod, I wouldn't say a thing to these bottom feeders.

If your niece's dad is requesting visitation then it should not come through CPS if all CPS cases are closed. Where is the child's mother? Any legal action the father sets forth must provide proper service to the interested parties. As I am unclear as to the terms of your guardianship, I would say that the mother and possibly you would need to be formally served according to the statutes of your state before any court proceedings could legally proceed.

I would keep my eyes open for a process server and avoid like the plague CPS.

Personally, I would not let CPSi n without a court order or warrant.
I would protect my 4th Amendment rights.

However, if a process server comes to your door, personally, I would accept service. All you are doing is accepting the summons and complaint for court.

Hang in there.

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:25 am

i was granted temp in 2002 with full a few months later in 2003. my sister got out of prison in 2005 and has made no attempt to reestablish custody of her children. my sister by law has no say in her visitation or her exhusbands becuase no visitation plan has ever been established. there were no grandparent visitation established during their divorce and it is my understanding that is where it had to be requested by Georgia Law. the divorce was final in 1999.
i do let my sister visit, normally she only comes once per year and i do let her have phone calls with my niece, but agian they are not very regular. my sister is not a real go getter and my niece normally has to call her. my sister has problem with men, she lets them rule her and the current one has already lost custody of two of his kids to dfacs also and just got out of jail for drug paraphalia, he claims it was his kids grandmothers crack pipe. i just dont trust my sisters judgement or her ability right now to care of my niece. as far as the father, he was never one before prison why would he be one now? my niece was less than 6 months old when he went to prison, she doesnt even know him.
there have been allegations that before prison he molested his other two daughters while both were under the age of 5. my personal view is this, if she wants to see her father, i think she has to be old enough to understand what he did and be able to protect herself, at age 10 that is not possible. my niece is the youngest of three girls by him, one half sister and one full sister. she is the only one of the three who have never formed allegation of sexual abuse against anyone and has never exhibited any of the mental health issue exhibited by the paternal family members (aunts, uncles, grandparents, greatgrandparents) after doing a family tree i learned alot, since 1900 a gggrandmother was committed to a mental institution, two grandparents have committed sucide after spending over a decade in a mental institution, sucide has been attempted by father on several occasions and from a personal note the whole family have a problem with the truth (that is an understatement). last time i let the grandmother see my niece was in 2003, her words to her and my own daughter were what goes on here stays here, so dont even tell your mom and dad. i was like OH HELL NO! and they have not set foot over there again.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:06 pm

Then I wouldn't worry.
Perhaps the social worker did have you confused with someone else.

Return to “Round Table”