Just Something to Chew On....

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

HappyMommyx4

Just Something to Chew On....

Postby HappyMommyx4 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:52 pm

John Travolta's son died yesterday from what is presumed to be a blunt head trauma that he sustained when he fell while having a seizure. John Travolta is a well-known Scientologist and it is also well know that Scientologist do not believe in taking most medications. Was this child denied every possible medical intervention he could have had which might have prevented this because of his parent's religious beliefs? If so, is CPS going to become involved in the Travolta's lives? Of course not.

I take my children to the pediatrician if they look at me funny, bat an eye lash in a strange manner, or sneeze. And my CPI says I have denied my children access to medical care. Go figure.

Obviously, I do not have all the details of what the Travolta's did and did not allow their son as far as medical care based on their religious beliefs. I just think it is too bad everyone is not held to the same standard.

anxiousmom

Postby anxiousmom » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:15 pm

From what I've read, he had a seizure disorder....starts with a K....can't remember...but, they did not give him meds for it as their religion (Scientology) doesn't permit it.

Many believe his son was also autistic, but his parents denied that.

I read that the Scientologist teach that a person that has mental problems, depression, autisim, etc. are considered as "degregaded." (excuse my spelling....little sleep). So, no wonder they would go to great lengths to deny & disbelieve that he was autistic.

I also read that he was last seen that night & wasn't found until that next day in the afternoon....something like that.

No, I doubt CPS will be involved. I personally can't imagine not giving & getting my children medical treatment, but in the USA, people do have that right due to their religious beliefs, though it can be & has been challanged before by CPS & the courts.

CPS did get involved with Britney Spears in the past.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:00 pm

kawasaki

Return to “Round Table”