Can you prosecute, if you have reasonable suspicion?

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Trisha G

Can you prosecute, if you have reasonable suspicion?

Postby Trisha G » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:59 pm

Our soon to be ex-renter is making threats because we're going to evict him. I have the one saved where he threatens to send someone to "heart" (hurt) me. He was also threatning to call the ASPCA, but I strongly believe he meant CPS. If they even come knocking, can I file with the prosecutor for a false report. I know them too well, our house, with the exception of our 17y/o daughters room is clean. The baby never goes in there, but they'd make an issue of the shape it's in. If this punk causes us any trouble with them, I'll get even. He abused his exgirlfriend, hitting her more than once while she held their newborn. The trailer he was renting to own from us is a PIT. His kids shouldn't be allowed inside for fear they'll get hurt. If he wants to play dirty, I'll make sure he jumps through every hoop CPS has to even see his kids again. He's also smoked pot in front of them, drinks like a fish at the ripe old age of 19, he even left the 1 year old alone while his exgf worked going halfway across town for hours, assuming the baby slept the whole time.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:06 am

"The trailer he was renting to own from us is a PIT."
That could come back on you if there are things wrong with it that you as landlord should have fixed. Also if he is moving out the condition of the place he lived isn't an issue the issue would be with where he is living now.

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:35 am

He's still living there. He changed the locks and won't allow us to enter, as for it being a pit, it's the mess they made inside. We had a contract written up and they agreed to buy the place as is. They both have myspace and the pics they put up showed how filthy they are. They have a little over 1 y/o and a 6 month old. She's gone now, but he doesn't clean anything, and the kids shouldn't be allowed in there.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:02 am

are the kids with the girlfriend? If they are than where she is living is the primary residence. I would get in contact with the ex girlfriend if I were you and offer to help her out in family court with custody issues like testifying about what you saw. Otherwise cps isn't going to get involved unless the kids are over there and live with him.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:06 am

forgot to add if you have proof of him threating you take that to the cops don't sit on it. Do it like yesterday and get a restraining order against him ... then if he calls cps on you you can show them the ro. If that matches with the name they have who called in the report they may come out but they will see it's a vengance call and unless there is something obvious and big going on at your house they won't come back. Usually the DA doesn't do anything about false cps calls but if there are other charges and he is using cps to harass you because you got a r/o on him they may add that to any other harassment charges they do go after but that alone they usually ignore.

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:28 am

Yes they live with the girlfriend, and I'd help her out no problem. He won't do anything for the kids, but expects to have a right to visit them. She's the one who worked, cooked, took care of the kids, and tried to clean,. I understand that with two little ones and a full time job, and a boyfriend who barely bothered to change diapers and feed them while she worked that cleaning was last on her list. She's a good kid and was killing herself trying to do it all.
I took a screenshot of his threats so I do have proof. I'll go to the courthouse and get an ro when we file for eviction today.

Return to “Round Table”