The octuplets mom

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Trisha G

The octuplets mom

Postby Trisha G » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:27 pm

She may not get the babies from the hospital. I don't think she's the most mentally stable or responsible person, but she doesn't seem to be a bad mother. Does all of the media attention put her at risk of losing all of her kids? CPS loves to kick people when they're down.
Here's a link to the news article about the hospital not wanting to give her the babies:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090225/ap_ ... ts_dr_phil

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:02 pm

I dont know her as a person, so I cant say that she is a good or bad mother BUT:

She was already on public assistance for the 6 kids that she already has. Lives with her mother, and her mothers home is getting ready to go into foreclosure. She had a publicist before she talked to media from the hospital not long after the babies were born.

She was talking about movie rights and book rights and all this other stuff that she wanted to do about being a great mother, meanwhile, her own family refuses to support her in her decision to have this many children so wont help. Her own family is going public about her mental instability as well!!

She had a website within days of their birth looking for 'donations', meanwhile, she is collecting money on the TAXPAYERS dime, and the kids are being cared for by the TAXPAYERS already. She lied on national television about being on public assistance.

Supposedly, all 14 of her kids were obtained via I.F. If she was already on assistance for the 6 she already got that way and was such a model mother, why did she not use the money that was used to do the I.F. to pick herself up and be able to provide for the ones that she had already?????!!!! Most of the ones that she already had were on disability to begin with, and now these 8 are going to be in the same boat given their conditions. I have one child who is autistic, and will legally be an adult in a matter of years. Not once have I applied for nor received any disability or assistance for him or his disability even though it is no longer going to be a matter of choice soon. When I get extra money, (which isnt much) it goes into a trust fund for HIM to provide for his care in the event that I am no longer able to care for him. THAT is what a loving parent would do.

Here is a thought, instead of using the money she did for I.V.F. why not pay the mortgage for the home her other 6 kids were living in so they have a damn place to live? 23k behind in mortgage payments didnt happen in the past few months!!!! Thats what a loving parent would do!!!!

She no longer has a publicist according to the more recent articles that I read. She appears to not be getting the public reaction that she was looking for and its all falling apart around her. In the past, parents who had tons of children got gifts like cars, homes, cash, savings bonds for the kids ect. out of sympathy and support from the public. She is a parasite on society and I believe that is exactly what she was looking for and after and didnt get, but is still attempting to get and thats why she is making last ditch efforts like still going to 'media type' outlets to give her sob stories about how unfairly she is being treated.

The whole situation is WRONG and it STINKS! Not only are those of us who werent stupid enough to get caught up in this housing fiasco having to bail out banks and 'fix' the problems in major companies that were caused by corruption that COULD have been prevented with oversight instead of being allowed to carry on like business as usual. Now we are expected to support, via tax dollars women who are already receiving government assistance (which was created and put into place as TEMP ASSISTANCE for families to pick themselves up, dust themselves off, and get on their feet, NOT a WAY OF LIFE!) to manage to get the astronomical amounts of money to do I.F. and have a crap ton more kids (all at once) that are going to be a given as far as having health complications to line up for yet more disability payments and more food stamps, and TONS of money in medical expenses that is no sweat off her back because they are covered with medicaid!

She is no better than those foster parents that become foster parents for no other reason than $$$$$$.

Not only that, this whole scenario goes MUCH MUCH further than CPS, there is a public outcry of anger and frustration, not just by the general public, but by medical professionals, politicians ect. The doctor that did the I.F. is being investigated for his ethics! If she would have had multiples naturally, I might be more inclined to agree with you Trisha, but this woman intentionally had 6 kids via I.F. that she couldnt support already neither financially or emotionally, thats why she lived with her mother with the other 6 already, but this was intentional!

Personally, situations like hers make me support court ordered sterilization! If you like kids so much, yet can not afford the ones you have, GREAT, use some of that government assistance you get, get the proper education to be a teacher or work in a day care!

I know there are families with TONS of children, I personally have a friend who is one of 14, and he and his wife currently have 7 and are expecting their 8th. They arent rich by any means, but for religious reasons believe that as long as they are healthy and have healthy children, and can provide for those children, they are to have as many as G*d will allow. Their families assist them in every way possible, (The mother comes from a family of doctors, the fathers comes from a family of diplomats, politicians, and lawyers), on top of the father working 2-3 jobs so the mother can be a SAHM and care for the brew. They also have excellent support from the community in which they live (which is the Orthodox Jewish Community in a major US city) They arent on and have not ever applied for, nor gotten food stamps, welfare, disability, medicaid and whatever other government assistance there is.

I would like to know how she was able to get this 'settlement' that paid for the I.F. and was still able to get food stamps and disability for the other kids. (as I already know, so does the majority of the country).

Personally, with as much as she goes to the media, even in her other pregnancies, she is nothing but a blood sucking leech, who wants nothing but hand outs! and that is what she is looking for with the whole "I cant get my kids unless I have a place to live' pity story she is giving. More power to her, she isnt getting ONE thin dime from me, and not one ounce of pity from me either. I pity the kids, but that doesnt mean I am going to do a damn thing to assist 'her' in any way shape or form to leech the public any more than she already has!

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:01 am

I'm not giving her anything either, I just don't see either side being right in this case. She's not stable and has this whole poor me thing going on. She needs mental help but I've seen people who choose drugs over their children who never have a damn thing done to them. They even sold their food stamps for drug money instead of feeding the kids. If the purpose of CPS is supposed to be to help kids then where were they in that case? Her kids are all young enough to bring good money in from the state and either way the taxpayers are the ones who foot the bill. Wouldn't foster parents get more money than she does for taking in special needs children?
The other families of multiples who were given things were overall more stable than her. I know with the Dilleys and McCaugheys they worked hard and paid their bills. I'm not sure if medicaid picked up some of their bills, but the difference would be, they had insurance and weren't depending on food stamps and disability.
My fear is that if they take her kids based on her home, and possibly becoming homeless, then they'll come after anybody who is in the same situation financially. They need to gain some sympathy from the public and this could be the case that does that for them. Then there'd be no stopping them.

Return to “Round Table”