How to Deal

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

eyeq181

How to Deal

Postby eyeq181 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:58 am

I am just curious on how people deal with the stress of losing there kids for a period of time?

I know that I really can't talk to a counselor about it, because everything gets into the hands of DHS. You can't talk to a caseworker about it because they will use it against you. And you can't talk to your friends about it, even though they are on your side they just quiet don't understand.

So were are you left. It's the hardest thing I ever had to deal with. It was like losing my job that I have had for 13 years, and they expect me to go out and get a new one. How am I suppose to do that I would like to know. After 2 years things are the same as the day my kids were taken. But I have developed sleep apnea. I obsess over my kids even more now then I did when they were home. It controls my life and I don't know how to handle any other type of life then a life with my kids. Oddly enough my teenager understands this and is a remarkable young man. He knows how to communicate with me and I know how with him.

It's funny how everyone keeps saying how remarkable my kids are. Well manners and just fun to be around, enough that the caseworker goes and hangs out with my teenager they exchange CD's. My youngest is the heartbreaker that does what he is told and will walk up to you for a hand shake and say howdy partner. Then my daughter who is smart and sweet and everything a little girl needs to be. But according to the state they just woke up that way.

When do a person get a good night's sleep?
When does the worring stop?
When do you get to a point where you just give in to the false allegations?

Tomorrow we are going to court un represented except by or self's. I hope it goes well. Even though I will have no sleep because I am nervous and worried. Mainly about what I might say. Such as how are we suppose you defend allegations with the caseworker makes them up 10 minutes before court in her head? What is up with the DA thinking I am nuts because I can't read the future who need there head examined?

I am just wondering how other cope with losing there kids?
Parents spend so much time teaching our kids not to go with strangers or talk to strangers, and no to show your body to strangers. And this is what CPS-DHS is all about.

mommyx3b

Postby mommyx3b » Sat May 16, 2009 12:03 am

Honestly the only way I could cope was to keep my mind constantly busy so that I didn't over think it. I couldn't allow myself the freedom of having the time to think about it, or else I really would have gone crazy and handed them something to use against me on a silver platter.
"No Honey, you can't help mommy make cookies for Santa, 'cause it might make a mess, then CPS will take you away 'cause the house isn't spotless." <-----What I should have told my 4 yr old daughter.

mysticmom

Postby mysticmom » Sat May 16, 2009 8:10 pm

mommyx3 ur signature is so true i actually just cried to it.. :cry:

When do a person get a good night's sleep?
When does the worrying stop?
When do you get to a point where you just give in to the false allegations?

when do people get a good night sleep? what is that?
when does the worrying stop? um, ur a parent it doesnt...
when do u get to the point u give into the false allegations,

ARE U NUTS? SORRY BUT I BEEN AT THIS FOR 14 YRS NOW..THOUGHT I WAS OUT OF THIS TILL MY HUSBAND WENT ALL WONKY AND CALLED CPS CAUSE HE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE AN EASY WAY FOR HIM TO GET THE KIDS..

AND HOW ON EARTH COULD U SAY SUCH A THING??????

SORRY BUT THAT IS HOW I FEEL TO THAT SATEMENT AS ..... :shock: no matter how long u fight and yea its hard and u feel like giving up how on earth can u even say such a thing...????? :cry:

im not trying to be disrespectful but that just blew me away...

get a councilor to talk too asap, never ever give into and agree to the false alligations!!

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:35 pm

I just feel like no matter what I do it is bad. I wore nothing but speak out bracelets for 2 years not one caseworker notice.

When I all came out I was told by my caseworker that she didn't know about domestic violence and child abuse because she has never been a relationship like that. I asked what her job was.

I still worry and still have nightmares.

They are trying to terminate my rights because I ran from a man who tried to kill me. He is getting the kids. As of now.
Parents spend so much time teaching our kids not to go with strangers or talk to strangers, and no to show your body to strangers. And this is what CPS-DHS is all about.

Return to “Round Table”