Any one else have CPS realted nightmares.

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mommyx3b

Any one else have CPS realted nightmares.

Postby mommyx3b » Fri May 15, 2009 11:57 pm

Forget monsters and the bogeyman, my most terrifying nightmares of being tortured social workers. Of course there is no one I can go to, to be treated for CPS induced PTSD since most of the theripists in my area are in CPS' pocket.
"No Honey, you can't help mommy make cookies for Santa, 'cause it might make a mess, then CPS will take you away 'cause the house isn't spotless." <-----What I should have told my 4 yr old daughter.

Trisha G

Postby Trisha G » Sat May 16, 2009 10:41 pm

I've had dreams of them torturing me and several where I killed some of their workers. Both disturb me, but you're right, talking to counselors is out since they're on CPS' side. I talk to my husband, sometimes the older kids and one trusted friend about them, that seems to help.

tuckmanmommy

Im there with you

Postby tuckmanmommy » Mon May 25, 2009 9:44 pm

I too have had nightmares related to CPS and the effects that this could possibly have on my child. Its never violent, but it always involves them teasing me with my own child and for the first few weeks I either woke up screaming or crying my eyes out. I havent said anything to the couselors either, even though one of them is very honest with me on what she reports and she believes me, and I thank God I have her. But if you would like to talk about the nightmares with me send me a message and I can give you a personal number. Im available most of the time and I understand your anxiety about these nightmares. Mine have lessened over a little while but every so often one jumps back in and ruins the rest of my day. Hang in there, and try not to think of them as nightmares, after all they are what your subconscience mind wants!

tuckmanmommy

Im there with you

Postby tuckmanmommy » Mon May 25, 2009 9:44 pm

I too have had nightmares related to CPS and the effects that this could possibly have on my child. Its never violent, but it always involves them teasing me with my own child and for the first few weeks I either woke up screaming or crying my eyes out. I havent said anything to the couselors either, even though one of them is very honest with me on what she reports and she believes me, and I thank God I have her. But if you would like to talk about the nightmares with me send me a message and I can give you a personal number. Im available most of the time and I understand your anxiety about these nightmares. Mine have lessened over a little while but every so often one jumps back in and ruins the rest of my day. Hang in there, and try not to think of them as nightmares, after all they are what your subconscience mind wants!

Leomarth

Postby Leomarth » Tue May 26, 2009 12:49 am

I had a dream the other night that they returned my kids to us on a temporary basis. It was very real, and I just didn't want to wake up.

Return to “Round Table”