Whats wrong with these people?!!

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Northapt

Whats wrong with these people?!!

Postby Northapt » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:44 pm

I have been trying to get placement of my granddaughter with me while my daughter goes to treatment for drug addiction. (there is no presumed father) The CPS worker called and told me to get ready and find day care for while I was at work and they’d pay for it. I dropped everything and did just that. Then 3 hrs later she called and said “never mind” Her supervisor said no-she stays in foster care. I demanded to speak to him. I mean you just cant do that to people who are grieving for their children.

I told him I am pretty easy to get along with normally but this was an outrageous thing to do, to have me get ready for the baby and then pull the plug in a matter of hours. He told me ” get a lawyer or give your money to charity- it will do as much good.” I mean I would get fired if I said something like that to the public..as I should be. What the hell is wrong with these people?
Last edited by Northapt on Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:22 am

Get a lawyer and file for custody. He probably said what he said because he was attempting to intimadate you. That is what they do best. You also probably don't have that comment on tape so you can't prove that is what was said. His ass is covered.

Northapt

Postby Northapt » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:24 am

I did hire a lawyer and she's preparing a motion to intervene. Here in Washington you need 3rd party consent to tape a conversation. Even if I had, I couldn't use it for anything.

What shocks me is you'd think they would want partnerships with responsable family members. I am a licensed drug and alcohol counselor and I passed their background check. Instead, they play God.
I'm also considering filing a complaint with the Osmudman's office but not sure if that will do any good. I just want what's best for the child. Not fight with their sorry ass.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:57 am

I will tell you in my state going through the ombusman's office is probably the best way to go. They cleaned out a whole county down in the lower part of the state and fired a bunch of crappy sw. I strongly suggest that to anybody.

Marina

Postby Marina » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:25 am

Social workers are adversarial. That is the way the system is set up.

Petition the juvenile court directly for custody and tell it to the judge. If you lose, file an appeal with a higher court within the time-frame.

The filing fee for custody may be around $25. Ask the Clerk of the Court, or look on your state court website.

The filing fee for an appeal may be around $70.

You can probably refile for custody if the deadline lapses.

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:18 pm

State senator Pam Roach in Washington is a crusader in this area. You might want to contact her office for advice. While I know it is impossible for her to take a personal interest in every case, I do know she is hell bent on effecting change with CPS in Washington. Her office may be able to steer you i na good direction.

First Rule: Don't ever trust anyone from CPS.
Second Rule: Don't ever forget the first rule

Northapt

Postby Northapt » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:30 pm

Maggie..thanks. I just Emailed her ;o)

Ron

Return to “Round Table”