completely emotional

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

pebbles04

completely emotional

Postby pebbles04 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:48 am

Okay. I do not know if people remember me. I used to post about my other kids. They are gone. I do not know if they will ever know me, or if the thought of that is a lost cause. I do know though that I have been having an issue. For those that have been through a lot whether getting their kids back or not I need to ask a question. Have you ever had any problems with stuff in general? Like do you trust or have little trust to people? Are you or are you not watching behind your back at all times? I figured if there were anyone I could confide in then it would be you guys. I speak about anything relating to this and people are unable to understand. They are under the belief that you ALWAYS have to do something in order to deal with CPS. I know you guys know that there are plenty who have done nothing (me) and done everything for them to be returned and still gotten no where. At any rate I wanted to know what others have been going through since they have dealt with things.

I have a hard time trusting ANYONE at this point. I was deceived by my ex, many friends, and of course CPS. I am having a hard time understanding things at a whole. I keep telling myself that maybe it is time I seek out a counselor in order to get past some of the emotion, but I cannot bring myself to.

What do you think?
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**
(that is my quote)

LanceBabe

Postby LanceBabe » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:16 am

In our case, our granddaughter was not actually taken away because we promised to provide 24/7 supervision for my daughter and granddaughter. Sixteen months later, we are STILL dealing with CPS, although we go to court next week and the case is supposed to be closing -- with my husband and I taking joint custody with our daughter. Even though we never actually lost our granddaughter, I, too, have a very hard time trusting anyone. I am in constant fear that my daughter will say something to her therapist that will put us right back where we started. I have no advice, just want to send hugs your way.

Marina

Postby Marina » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:20 pm

I wouldn't trust the therapist. Since you have children, they can report you.

Keep talking to people you can trust.

One thing you can do is to watch those court TV shows, to give you courage to face and tell the truth. That has helped me when I was in a situation where people denied reality.

That is just my personal opinion. I know some people have been helped by therapy, but I just don't trust them.

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:00 am

To be quite honest with you it is not that the trust of a therapist..it is more so that I do not want to have social services find out that I am seeking out some form of therapy and try to use it to their advantage. I guess that is my problem. I have nothing to hide with the kids I have now, but as we all know they have a big problem with conspiring against people, so with that knowledge it makes the system more corrupt when people are not even able to seek out help that they feel they need. I do not want to forget my kids...only need some assistance with moving on. I have been unable to move on and in doing so it has surrounded me with the lack of trust from anyone and everyone.
*whoever said that there is a honest social worker.?...they are not all totally honest and just because they are workers does not make them invinceable nor 100% honest...**

(that is my quote)

LanceBabe

Postby LanceBabe » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:01 am

I was using the therapist as an example of my fears. It is not an option for my daughter NOT to go to the therapist -- it is court ordered. Plus, she is bi-polar and does need to continue to see a therapist. She SAYS she is very careful of what she says, but I know my daughter and when she gets angry or upset, she's not always so careful.

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:55 pm

Do not get me wrong. I am completely full of fear when it comes to seeing a therapist. My mom (knowing what I have been through) continues to tell me that they are under privacy and confidentiality and are unable to say anything. There is the point. They are NOT supposed to say a thing. That does not mean though that they don't. I am just trying to be careful. I am not insane..just think I am suffering from some trauma what with what happened. I have been without my kids now for almost 6 years now. I am still shocked that it has been that long. I am trying to figure out if there are ways to write them letters, so I can begin to write letters to my son. He will be 18 in 2014.

(that is my quote)

LanceBabe

Postby LanceBabe » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:35 am

They are not bound by privacy and confidentiality if they feel you are a danger to yourself or someone else. They are, in fact, "mandated reporters" and must report it if they suspect you are a danger to yourself or someone else. Where the danger comes in, in my mind, is if they misunderstand something you say, which is exactly what happened to my daughter -- her OB misinterpreted what she said when she asked to be put back on her meds as soon as the baby was born.

Of course you are not insane! And yes, I'm sure you are suffering trauma from what has happened. I would still urge extreme caution in talking to ANYONE.

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:14 am

So what do people do in their life to get past things? They don't? They just live in fear for the rest of their life? They watch behind their back for the rest of their life? I do not want to be going through this. I have tried to get a control on it, but I do not really have any support. At least not as I should.

(that is my quote)

LanceBabe

Postby LanceBabe » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:15 am

I honestly don't know what to tell you. I know I will never get over it. Where in Virginia do you live?

Marina

Postby Marina » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:56 pm

So many people on here have complained about what their therapist has said in court. And the court can call these people in when the issue is child welfare. You think you can trust them, then they come up into court and twist around everything you have said.

Have you tried keeping a journal?

pebbles04

Postby pebbles04 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:13 pm

I have an online blog, but to me that is just not the same. I do not want to see a counselor, but that is my mom's recommendations. I do not think that they are to be trusted either. Just my personal opinion though.

(that is my quote)

Marina

Postby Marina » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:56 pm

I am assuming you would not pay cash for your services.

In order for the insurance to pay for it, the therapist has to make a clinical diagnosis for treatment purposes. They give you a bunch of questions on a test and for every one you indicate, they give a code for insurance purposes. They have these tests online. I have taken one and answered "don't know" for all the questions. Even that gives you a diagnostic code.

If your services are paid for by Medicaid, I imagine that they are even more open to Social Services. If Medicaid or private insurance pays, it is called a "third party payee." This makes services more open to viewing by others.

Check out this link and see which one you think they would label you as.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagnostic ... _Disorders

Depression? anxiety? phobias?

Suppose you pick anxiety.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anxiety_disorders

Suppose you were prescribed Zoloft. What then?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sertraline

Suppose you have side effects, such as nausea, insomnia and diarrhea. Suppose you become suicidal. That is another side effect.

Etc. etc.

Study up on all aspects of this before jumping into anything.

Marina

Mental health records of parents not confidential

Postby Marina » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:40 pm

Here is documentation right from the federal site. Nothing is sacred.

http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/userma ... erfour.cfm

Working with the Courts in Child Protection

Chapter 4
The Juvenile Court Process

Issues Addressed at the Initial Hearing

The provision of relevant records including criminal, medical, educational, and substance abuse or mental health treatment for parents and the child;

Return to “Round Table”