Almost out of the woods

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

sparrow

Almost out of the woods

Postby sparrow » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:09 am

We can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Kids are home, visitation is between my husband and I (we're seperated, but getting along great) and we're completed every service ordered.

When we get to the end, is there any paperwork that we should get to say that it's over? Do they give you a certificate telling you that you've jumped through all the hoops?

Thanks.

Marina

Re: Almost out of the woods

Postby Marina » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:28 am

I will let somebody else answer your question, but beware that they usually throw parents an accusation of sexual molestation at the very end, done by the father. Don't leave the kids alone. Document everything. They always try to pull this off.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:40 am

All I got at the end was a fast court hearing at which the judge declared the case closed. No certificate. when they're done with you, they can't be bothered spending another penny on your behalf.

You should at least get a copy of the court order closing the case.

I hope all goes well for you!
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

cambreenellie

Postby cambreenellie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:12 am

I just had to sign some papers and then my caseworker sent a letter to the court for approval and that was it. A few days later I got a copy of the signed order of case closure.

I do want to say that as Marina mentioned something could pop up at the very end. I had the foster parents send a horrific letter to the judge days before case closure but thankfully the judge seen past this letter and closed the case anyway.

Return to “Round Table”