Thoughts on bellaslaw.com

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

angelheart83

Thoughts on bellaslaw.com

Postby angelheart83 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:51 pm

I keep seeing bellaslaw.com in my search results when I do searches on CPS. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this company?

I'm honestly not impressed with the website, it's very hard to understand the writing.
My children have never been harmed by my actions. My children both love me and trust me. Even my nonverbal son shows he trusts me by how he interacts with me. We didn't deserve what we've gone through because of CPS. We demand justice.

TDD84

Re: Thoughts on bellaslaw.com

Postby TDD84 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:23 am

I called them a few weeks ago just out of curiosity. I wanted to point out the website to them, and recommend that they revise it. I believe they're located in NJ, but I could be wrong. Supposedly, it was started by a lady who became involved in CPS, but again, my memory is foggy. While reading the site, it seemed to me to have been written by someone for whom English is a second language. I also noticed a couple things that would suggest the native language to be Spanish, but not sure. The lady I spoke with on the phone spoke perfect English and seemed just fine. She said they mostly work with cases in which the child was actually removed from the home (wrongfully, of course). She gave me a brief history (they've been doing this for about 10 years), and stuff like that. I did a Google search, and it looks like a number of people have been happy with their work. Dunno. I kept their number just in case. :wink:
I've not yet gotten entangled in CPS myself. I perceive, however, that the threat is very real. I prefer to prepare now, which is why I am here.
If I seem ignorant, it's probably because I am. If I make a stupid remark, it's likely because I don't understand how I'm coming across. Just smack me and set me straight.

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:47 am

The site definitely needs editing because it's hard to understand. But it's good to hear that the company has satisfied customers. At least someone is helping victims of CPS.

I sent an inquiry yesterday. I'm going to see how much it would cost to get help with my lawsuit.
My children have never been harmed by my actions. My children both love me and trust me. Even my nonverbal son shows he trusts me by how he interacts with me. We didn't deserve what we've gone through because of CPS. We demand justice.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:54 am

This is the site I googled and pulled it up but, it doesn't sound like the site you are talking about.

http://www.bellaslaw.com/
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:59 am

That is the site. I think they might offer help with filing lawsuits, so I asked. It's hard to tell though because the English isn't very clear.

TDD84

Postby TDD84 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:24 pm

Dazeemay wrote:This is the site I googled and pulled it up but, it doesn't sound like the site you are talking about.

http://www.bellaslaw.com/

The 3rd sentence in the main body of the page linked to above reads like this: "Your right to having your own child in your loving home is of such paramount (of such paramount?), as a child (should say "child's") right to privacy and loving parent (should read either "a loving parent" or "loving parents")." I didn't read farther.

I do think it needs a bit of help. It certainly reflects poorly on the firm. I think it would do them and potential clients a huge service to fix this. I'm not sure how to go about telling them though. I mean, it could be a sensitive subject, and I doubt it's gone unnoticed by the fluent English-speaking employees there.
I've not yet gotten entangled in CPS myself. I perceive, however, that the threat is very real. I prefer to prepare now, which is why I am here.
If I seem ignorant, it's probably because I am. If I make a stupid remark, it's likely because I don't understand how I'm coming across. Just smack me and set me straight.

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:30 pm

I've been tempted for weeks to offer to fix up the grammar and spelling for a small fee. But yeah, I didn't offer because I don't want to be offensive.

It is almost certainly driving potential customers away. It gives me a headache every time I even try to read that page. How are potential customers supposed to understand the extent of their services?

I still haven't heard back from them about my inquiry. I simply asked how much it would cost for them to help me file my lawsuit.

TDD84

Postby TDD84 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:59 pm

From what they told me, I'm not sure they do the type of suit you're planning. Their specialty is getting kids back who were taken wrongfully, and sometimes taking your case before then if your court appointed atty isn't working for you and/or you can't get a lawyer. Not sure if they would feel up to taking this one. However, if they do have 10 yrs experience fighting CPS, I don't see how they could see themselves unqualified to do something like this. It would surely be a neat project for a bored lawyer, if they have one of those on staff. :P (not to mention that the lawyers would get a handsome cut if you won.... which could help get a TV commercial! which could.... oh never mind.)

Their site would be nice if it was just polished up a bit, ya know? And with their names coming up on Google so much, I think they would get a huge return on their investment if they were to do so.

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:12 am

I received a follow-up email from them today and was told to call a number. Even the email was a little hard to understand. The person is apparently in a meeting but I'm supposed to call back in about 2 hours.

It was awkward on the phone. The lady told me that the website had a wealth of information but I have such a hard time understanding it.

TDD84

Postby TDD84 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:41 am

They really need to fix this. :?

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:55 pm

Do not call them. We as moderators discovered this site a few months back only a different name.

Here is the link we discussed but, if you read this one it is the same as bellaslaw.....http://www.cpsdyfslawsuitadvocates.com/AboutLACE.html

We all felt after doing some research there was something wrong. In looking up info on her she lost a federal law suit and in 09 she still didn't have her kids back. Felt it was just so much anger and these sites are her way of getting back and she lost her lawyers. I am just giving you highlights. Look her name up and you will find out a lot about her.

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:29 pm

I actually just got off the phone with her a few minutes ago. I was told that I had to pay around $950 to get things started. And that was only half of the initial amount...the second half is spread out over a few months. I'm disappointed because I can't afford to pay that. Basically, they charge $95/hour and have a 20 hour minimum, with at least 10 hours paid upfront.

What exactly are your thoughts about her? She talked a lot and I'm having a hard time keeping things straight in my head. I think I remember her (Heather-Marie) stating that CPS came after her twins in the 90s but I don't think she lost them. I'm not sure though.

I'm scared. I know that my lawsuit could be tossed out if I make a mistake. The other lawyers I know (PPL, my friend who isn't licensed here) have said things that I don't think are truly accurate...although I don't hold it against them because this isn't their specialty. I was hoping this could at least help me with the paperwork. There's no way I could come up with the money though. I'm really discouraged. I've wanted to sue for so long, I really want to proceed but I'd be devastated if my lawsuit were thrown out for technicalities.

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:37 pm

Oh I forgot to mention, they only give you 2 days to decide whether to use them. The only way I might be able to pay them is to forget about the home improvements set for this weekend and then use up my entire tax refund for next year. :wink: Although it's a moot point because that refund is months away.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Personally, I smell "SCAM"

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:55 pm

Have you heard any personal complaints from former clients?

I hope it's not a scam. Even if I can't afford it, it's the only office of its kind helping parents fight CPS without paying full-price attorney fees. That's exactly what the country needs so I hope it's not a scam.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:08 pm

here's her facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/MostBeautifulBMWRedhead

She says she is a law student and helps parents go pro se so I don't think she is an attorney nor does she have an attorney in her office from what I can see.

If she helps parents go pro se could be the reason for the fees being lower.

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:18 pm

I recognize that name from the website, but I spoke with Heather-Marie. I know the latter is a paralegal.

I'm so desperate, if I had the money I'd pay it. I can't even FIND a Constitutional attorney in my area!

TDD84

Postby TDD84 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:30 am

So she's not an attorney, but an advocate? I wish she would be a little more up-front about all this. :?

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:04 am

I'm pretty sure the website does say that...it's just that it's hard to find because of all the confusing language.

I've talked to my daughter about all this because I wanted her opinion. I said we could either stay here and sue or move and not sue. She says she would like to move but that she'd rather sue. I just wish I could definitely come up with the money. I'm so terrified of doing the documents myself and having them thrown out.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:52 pm

In my state she'd probably be charged with practicing law without a license. That may not be the case in her state, however.

The fact she wants to r-u-s-h you into a decision in two days does make it seem like a scam.... sort of how abusive guys try to rush you into a relationship then turn out to be the worst thing that ever happened to you. :roll:
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:58 pm

Yeah I was surprised at how little time they give to make a decision. They say it's because they need to know their clients are serious and to make sure that the statute of limitations doesn't run out. I think she may have said something too about having lots of clients and the impression I got at the time was that they were weeding out the most serious ones. I sort of understand where they're coming from but it also still seems odd. Ok, now I'm the one not making sense. :lol:

Surprise, surprise...I couldn't come up with the money in 2 days. I have nowhere near the money they require to get started.

TDD84

Postby TDD84 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:40 am

They say it's because they need to know their clients are serious...

Baloney! There are more ways of making sure you have serious clients than putting a 2-day limit. Here's how: Retainer fee. Someone who's just checking you out will make calls and go to the site and write down the number just in case. Someone in a situation or a potential situation will pay a retainer fee. On their timing. Not the group's.

The 2-day thing makes me mad and I call bull on their justification.

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:08 am

The money they asked for was a retainer fee. But yeah, the 2 day limit is severe.

Maybe HSLDA will decide to take my case, but I doubt it. My case doesn't directly involve homeschooling (although the social workers asked my daughter about her homeschooling several times) so they're not legally obligated to litigate my case.

TDD84

Postby TDD84 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:21 am

"The money they asked for was a retainer fee."

oh. oops. :P

reach4thestars86

Postby reach4thestars86 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Can they help me? I need as much people as possible behind me for when I go to trial in two weeks.

Return to “Round Table”