Drug interaction, set up, or something else?

A place to discuss the many medical issues that may come up during the course of a CPS case.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Morning-song

Drug interaction, set up, or something else?

Postby Morning-song » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:03 pm

I've been thinking over my long ago CPS case lately and once again trying to make some headway on piecing the whole crazy mess together, most just so I will understand better and perhaps have peace of mind that I have a hope of avoiding another falsely based case one day. Anyway today I happened to reach another possible realization. Now, there were a few things that led to my investigation, all of them complicated, but one of these was the fact that I was supposedly swearing a lot and saying generally out of character things in the hospital maternity ward in the day following the birth of my son.

Now I don't doubt some people have done this and I can see how it could be a very minor concern to hospital staff, (though that alone would never in my mind be reason to report a person,) I honestly do not in any way recall doing such a thing. I am someone who very very rarely cusses at all, and certainly not in a very public place like that. In order to understand my concern over this you;d have to understand just how out of character this would be for me. So today I was thinking all that over and it really started to just plain bother me, not so much because that sort of thing is all lies and slander but because it occurred to me that there might be a slim chance it isn't a lie.

As is I suppose pretty typical after birth, I was on a bit of medication. Pain meds, an anti-biotic and another one that I don't remember now. When you're pretty well at the mercy of and putting your trust in hospital nursing staff who bring you pills and a glass of water, you typically just take them and trust that you should. You may ask what they are and what they do, I know I did, but all you have is their word on that. Well today it occurred to me that I of course had no real and for sure idea what I was taking. Is it possible I was giving something, (either on purpose or quite honesty by mistake) that might have caused such out of character outbursts as well as lapse in all awareness of them.

I don't want to seem paranoid here and I have to admit I feel that way to myself right now, but all the same I can't shake the feeling I might really have been effected somehow by interactions of poorly mixed medication or perhaps insanely high doses of them. I excepted for all these years that someone had simply lied and invented these accusations, misquoting me in the reports. That I can live with. I know that CPS is based more or less on lies. But suddenly I feel concerned about the other possibility. Just thinking that over fills me with a feeling of personal violation. I'm posting this on here just looking for some insight and a little perspective. Is there perhaps 3rd possibility that I've missed here? Have such things happened to anyone else? What the heck can I and should I do?

LindaJM

Re: Drug interaction, set up, or something else?

Postby LindaJM » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:46 am

Hi Morning Song.. sorry it took me so long to be able to answer your message.

That hasn't happened to me, but if I was concerned about it, I'd send a letter to the hospital asking them for a release of all my medical records held there. That way you could find out what drugs they were giving you.

More likely, they just lied as a way to get your baby from you. There are some terribly evil people doing that these days.

All the best to you in your continued recovery from the trauma inflicted on you...
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “Medical Issues”