Questions on bone healing and bruising

A place to discuss the many medical issues that may come up during the course of a CPS case.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

desertcry

Questions on bone healing and bruising

Postby desertcry » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:22 pm

Our son was taken 21 days after he was born for 2 fractures, one in his rib and one in his femor. We believe they were birth related. One doctor said that there wasn't enough callous around his bones for it to be from birth. Another doctor said it could take up to 28 days for the callous to show. Which one is right?

Secondly, our son was lactose intolerant and we were giving him milk-based formula for the 2nd and 3rd week of his life not knowing his lactose intolerance. He threw up a lot of the formula. Could this have slowed the healing process for his bones and delayed the callous from showing up?

Thirdly, there was absolutely no bruising where the fractures were before we took him to the hospital. Could this help support the fact that they were not injuries from abuse?
Child Abuse is WRONG!!!! Those that falsely accuse people of child abuse and take their children ARE also guilty of child abuse!!!!

Marina

Postby Marina » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:59 pm

Look through the threads in this section for related information.

Do some web searches for the various terms related to your case. Keep trying different combinations of terms.

Let us know what you find.

ProudParents2

fractures

Postby ProudParents2 » Tue May 29, 2007 4:45 pm

hey, i have no answers but, we are going trough a similar thing. They say my son has a 10th rib fracture but no bruises. You would think that there would be bruising. i hate doctors!!!

Return to “Medical Issues”