AGE AND COLOR OF BRUISES< VERY IMPORTANT!

A place to discuss the many medical issues that may come up during the course of a CPS case.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Frustrated

AGE AND COLOR OF BRUISES< VERY IMPORTANT!

Postby Frustrated » Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:36 pm

Bruises, Lacerations and Abrasions: Multiple bruises on various parts of the body and in various stages of healing should receive particular attention. One way to determine the approximate age of a given bruise is by the color. The following table lists the color of bruises and associated age.

Age Color

0-2 days red and bluish and swollen, tender
0-5 days red, blue, purple
5-7 days green
7-14 days yellowish
2-4 weeks clear

The worker should be aware that skin surface redness, which is not swollen and tender, does not always represent the early stage of a bruise. Red marks should be assessed in relation to the reported time of injury.

MORE WONDERFUL INFORMATION< CHECK IT OUT!!!!! at:

http://www.dss.mo.gov/cd/info/cwmanual/ ... c7ch28.htm
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:52 pm

Thank You so much this has helped me out in may ways. 0-2 days was the bruise on my sons which they determined I am not stong enough to do, but my husband is.. He didn't do it. They are saying it's been there a week but with him we know that wasn't the case. And they are trying to play off my daughters eye as just happenening the day of but even the doctors said it was in the healing process when we took her. it was green around the edges. She still has the injury, and she has a gorgous face. And they did this to her. JUSTICE.
Parents spend so much time teaching our kids not to go with strangers or talk to strangers, and no to show your body to strangers. And this is what CPS-DHS is all about.

Return to “Medical Issues”