ADHD- i

A place to discuss the many medical issues that may come up during the course of a CPS case.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

luvmyboyz

ADHD- i

Postby luvmyboyz » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:54 pm

Ever hear of it?

I write this here only because my boys were talk to "at school" GRRRR, but the issue was open/ shut

but the other day I was looking up ritalin for my oldest J and some info and I came across ADHD- I and I first though of my middle child M

The CPS call FREAKED me out and I thought of all the "WHAT IF's" Well is did come down to M and his "Wandering".

I had an IEP meeting for M. and there were a lot of concerns I had that the teacher had too so we are looking into that...

I dont want to label but as we talked at the meeting more, with all present, this kinda came out... I said I just found this on the internet.. (Not much research on it.)

ADHD predominantly inattentive
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADHD_predo ... nattentive

Often does not give close attention to details or makes careless mistakes in schoolwork, work, or other activities.
Often has trouble keeping attention on tasks or play activities.
Often does not seem to listen when spoken to directly.
Often does not follow instructions and fails to finish schoolwork, chores, or duties in the workplace (not due to oppositional behavior or failure to understand instructions).
Often has trouble organizing activities.
Often avoids, dislikes, or doesn't want to do things that take a lot of mental effort for a long period of time (such as schoolwork or homework).
Often loses things needed for tasks and activities (e.g. toys, school assignments, pencils, books, or tools).
Is often easily distracted.
Is often forgetful in daily activities.

One internet mom was like what about autism... it is really hard, I love her dearly, but she is "sheltered" in ADHD and thinking every child is labled and not disaplined. Some of you parents may relate in that. So she was like wondering if he was autistic rather then ADHD and I had to go back and EXPLAIN the "I"

AUTISM
Social skills
    Fails to respond to his or her name WELL YES, BUT HE WILL REPOND IN TIME
    Has poor eye contact WELL YES, BUT ONCE YOU HAVE IT YOU GO IT
    Appears not to hear you at times YES
    Resists cuddling and holding NO!!!
    Appears unaware of others' feelings NO
    Seems to prefer playing alone — retreats into his or her "own world" NO

Language
    Starts talking later than other children YES AND NO
    Loses previously acquired ability to say words or sentences NO NO NO
    Does not make eye contact when making requests NO
    Speaks with an abnormal tone or rhythm — may use a singsong voice or robot-like speech NO NO NO
    Can't start a conversation or keep one going NO
    May repeat words or phrases verbatim, but doesn't understand how to use them NO

Behavior
    Performs repetitive movements, such as rocking, spinning or hand-flapping NO
    Develops specific routines or rituals OMG NO
    Becomes disturbed at the slightest change in routines or rituals NO
    Moves constantly HE IS THE SLOWEST KID I KKNOW
    May be fascinated by parts of an object, such as the spinning wheels of a toy car NO
    May be unusually sensitive to light, sound and touch NO

UH I dont think so....

Return to “Medical Issues”