Pregnancies issues?

A place to discuss the many medical issues that may come up during the course of a CPS case.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Yvette

Pregnancies issues?

Postby Yvette » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:34 pm

I was recently told my daughter (under CPS care) is pregnant. She is 16 years old. I am in dire need of a support group or somethinng. As I am so devestated. Is there a support group or discission group that any one can recommend me to?
I really am in need of some one to talk to that has been in my situation. TIA, Yvette

Marina

Re: Pregnancies issues?

Postby Marina » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:34 pm

Does the child welfare agency have court-ordered "legal custody" and guardianship, or do you still retain legal custody? If you are not sure, then call the juvenile courthouse and ask them.

KDus

Re: Pregnancies issues?

Postby KDus » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:27 pm

You can and should start a guardianship process before the baby is born. You can have the papers ready to go. Otherwise, CPS will swoop in and you'll be in their grasp for years.
If she can have the baby out of the county or even the state, it will make a huge difference in keeping CPS out of the picture.

In my case, we're trying to get a guardianship finished before the court officially takes jurisdiction. It would have been easy if the ball was already rolling.

Return to “Medical Issues”