Social worker revealed medical information?

A place to discuss the many medical issues that may come up during the course of a CPS case.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

angelheart83

Social worker revealed medical information?

Postby angelheart83 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:41 pm

Last week, our social worker called my son's teacher. Apparently she revealed medical information about my son without my consent. She told the teacher that I'd recently put Jared on medication.

Was it legal for her to do that? She's definitely violated our Constitutional rights in other areas (including for coerced entry) and she WILL be sued. I'd like to know if this is yet another thing I can add to the list.

Whether it's technically legal or not, I really felt violated when she revealed that information. I believe that was MY place as the parent. I wanted to be the one to update the teacher on my son's condition (he had the same teacher last year).
My children have never been harmed by my actions. My children both love me and trust me. Even my nonverbal son shows he trusts me by how he interacts with me. We didn't deserve what we've gone through because of CPS. We demand justice.

Dazeemay

Re: Social worker revealed medical information?

Postby Dazeemay » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:52 am

No, it was not legal for her to do that but, she is cps and better to not mess with what she has done until your case is closed.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:04 pm

I've got to agree; you could file for an administrative hearing and send letters to the personnel department of the county, but so long as that caseworker has control over your case, it could backfire if you complain about her.

Much better to focus on things you can do to impress the judge and get your children back at the next hearing. When the case is closed and your family is safe it will be time to sue the county and the incompetent caseworkers.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:18 pm

LindaJM wrote:
I've got to agree; you could file for an administrative hearing and send letters to the personnel department of the county, but so long as that caseworker has control over your case, it could backfire if you complain about her.

Much better to focus on things you can do to impress the judge and get your children back at the next hearing. When the case is closed and your family is safe it will be time to sue the county and the incompetent caseworkers.

Hi Linda, I didn't see your reply until just now.

Thankfully, CPS never seized my children and I still have them. I am so grateful of that every moment of every day. I know that even with all we've suffered, at least we didn't have that happen. However, the social workers did want to take my children. Their supervisor overrode their decision, which still stuns me...but I'm so glad she did. One of the social workers said that if it were up to her, I wouldn't have my kids. I really can't believe the nerve of these people.

I am itching to sue but I know I have to wait. I'm not going to bring anything up to them right now. I'm going to lay low and pray this is over. I hope they'll officially close the case soon, it will make me feel safer about proceeding with the eventual lawsuit. However, like you said in another thread, they may never officially notify me at all. It's been about 2 and a half weeks without a visit so hopefully this will blow over. However, I'm traumatized and only start to ease up a bit when 5 pm rolls around and I assume she's off duty!
My children have never been harmed by my actions. My children both love me and trust me. Even my nonverbal son shows he trusts me by how he interacts with me. We didn't deserve what we've gone through because of CPS. We demand justice.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:46 am

Yes, you're wise to lay low for a while. If she hasn't contacted you in over two weeks, you may be past the storm! Repairing the emotional damage takes time.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:42 pm

LindaJM wrote:
Yes, you're wise to lay low for a while. If she hasn't contacted you in over two weeks, you may be past the storm! Repairing the emotional damage takes time.

I just wrote in my thread in Investigations but I'll write it here too. The main social worker called today, wanting another meeting. I haven't called her back and I honestly don't intend to.

The anxiety is even worse now. I feel like we're not free to live life, like we're not free to be happy. I'm going to be even more upset if I can't get the new work project because of this, and my finances continue to spiral downward.

I'm praying for the nightmare to be over soon!

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:54 am

Have you heard any more from the social worker?
Sample Document Library

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi Linda, I just saw this today.

I just heard from the SW again today. She wanted to come by today but I managed to push it back until Thursday morning. I explained that I had to work. Of course, I'd planned on working Thursday morning, too! But at least this way I have some time to prepare, even though I'll have to miss work.

This SW is going on maternity leave next week after she's induced and apparently my case is being given to a new SW. It's been 56 days since the investigation started but they want to keep it open because of "concerns". I was hoping this had blown over but apparently not. I just can't believe they see the need to continue this! They've seen my children are happy and healthy! They know I'm not a danger to them! We just don't deserve this. Very few people do!

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:57 pm

So sorry they plan to continue watching you and your kids. This can be very problematic, as any decisions you make in the future may be scrutinized.

I guess first you'll need to talk to them and find out what their continued interest in you might mean. Will they have you on some kind of family maintenance plan with a caseworker coming to your home once a month? Are more "services" being demanded of you?
Sample Document Library

angelheart83

Postby angelheart83 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi, Linda! I updated another thread but will post here too (and try to be more concise than usual lol). The social worker came over today to introduce me to the new one. Apparently I'd met her before without remembering. From what it sounds like, the new worker seems willing to close the case after one more visit where the house is clean. So far this was my 5th visit and 3rd where my house was clean. (The other two were after severe medical problems with my son that were WAY more important to address than cleaning up, plus I was trying to pull things out and pack those times. Nothing that truly ENDANGERED my children.)

They're beginning to at least sound like they understand more where I'm coming from now. I think we still have very different worldviews but I think they realize my kids haven't been harmed and aren't in danger. On the phone today the SW said they're not taking my kids away and she said that she realized that the last anonymous reports from a few weeks ago were frivolous (even though she investigated). They looked in the kids' room but they didn't even inspect my fridge for stains. They didn't check my sink for dishes either but the new social worker SAID that was something she was going to look for in the future. :roll: I got the impression that no services will be recommended and the case will be closed.

Doesn't change that I'm going to sue though.

Return to “Medical Issues”