How do I get our CPS manual?

Post and discuss your research and resources.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

TracyP

How do I get our CPS manual?

Postby TracyP » Sat May 06, 2006 12:55 pm

I am unable to download and print the CPS manual for our state. I've tried both our computers that are at 2 different locations. So, since I can't print it, how can I get it. I've read portions of it online and they have violated several of their policies in our case.

Thanks

Dan Sullivan

Re: How do I get our CPS manual?

Postby Dan Sullivan » Sat May 06, 2006 1:45 pm

TracyP wrote:I am unable to download and print the CPS manual for our state. I've tried both our computers that are at 2 different locations. So, since I can't print it, how can I get it. I've read portions of it online and they have violated several of their policies in our case.

Thanks

None of your children have been removed, correct?

And your husband is still living with you and the kids, correct?

And you want to accuse people at CPS of violating several of their policies in your case?

TracyP

Postby TracyP » Sat May 06, 2006 1:58 pm

Just because my husband is still in the home and my children are in the home DOES NOT mean they have not violated their policies and proceedures.

I have 3 children listed as underaged agressors (sexually) when the supposed event happened between 2 of them and they would have been 5 & 9 and the 5 year old was listed as the agressor on the inital report.

Yes they have violated their policies in those events and others. Just because they are still in my care doesn't mean they wont take them like they keep threatning every time I don't back down. It just means I have an attorney and one caseworker who bucks the system.

Apparently you think if they don't take the kids no damage is done???

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Sat May 06, 2006 2:51 pm

TracyP wrote: Just because my husband is still in the home and my children are in the home DOES NOT mean they have not violated their policies and proceedures.

I've been fighting CPS since 1987.

I know better than you.

TracyP wrote: I have 3 children listed as underaged agressors (sexually) when the supposed event happened between 2 of them and they would have been 5 & 9 and the 5 year old was listed as the agressor on the inital report.

That's completely ridiculous.

THAT'S what you need to get corrected along with the allegations against your husband FIRST!!!

You start with allegations against CPS and you'll go nowhere with the sex crap about your kids and the allegations against your husband.

CPS knows the longer it takes the harder it is for you to win.

And they'll drag it out for years.

TracyP wrote: Yes they have violated their policies in those events and others. Just because they are still in my care doesn't mean they wont take them like they keep threatning every time I don't back down. It just means I have an attorney and one caseworker who bucks the system.

Apparently you think if they don't take the kids no damage is done???

Apparently you're jumping to a conclusion.

I never said that.

But what I do know is this, a family is in no more precarious a time with CPS than when they're still under investigation.

Wait till the investigation is over in your favor (and you have full legal and physical custody) before you formally make charges against CPS. You can insist on your rights all during the investigation... just don't let it be known that formal charges may be coming.

Best, Dan

TracyP

Postby TracyP » Sat May 06, 2006 3:11 pm

Dan Sullivan wrote:THAT'S what you need to get corrected along with the allegations against your husband FIRST!!!

You start with allegations against CPS and you'll go nowhere with the sex crap about your kids and the allegations against your husband.
]

There are no allegations against myself nor my husband, just my 3 minor children and the event was to have happened 2 years prior to the opening of the case

But what I do know is this, a family is in no more precarious a time with CPS than when they're still under investigation.

Don't I know it, the cops park outside our home at all hours of the day and night....who knows why, they didn't before

Wait till the investigation is over in your favor (and you have full legal and physical custody) [/quote]

I am going to wait but I need the manual so they don't sidestep any more of their own rules during this time period. I don't intend to be their doormat
My attorney could print it but that would cost me $1.00/page + $200/hour and we've already given them $5,000. I don't have another couple hundred for a manual

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Sat May 06, 2006 3:22 pm

Dan Sullivan wrote:THAT'S what you need to get corrected along with the allegations against your husband FIRST!!!

]

TracyP wrote: There are no allegations against myself nor my husband, just my 3 minor children and the event was to have happened 2 years prior to the opening of the case.

This is one of the most ridiculous CPS case I've ever heard of.

Call your CPS hotline in the middle of the night.

Ask to speak with a supervisor, and tell him/her your situation.

(don't go nuts on the phone, keep it short and to the point)

Ask them if it should be an investigation at all.

I'm trying to help you get the case shut down.

Best, Dan

TracyP

Postby TracyP » Sat May 06, 2006 3:32 pm

As far as it being ridulous, thats what the attorney said. And the caseworker assigned to monitor us. However, even though our attorney has requested the records in writing, twice, we still don't even have our case file. We are coming up on 3 months of monitoring. Our caseworker asked her supervisor, in writing (which we DO have) to close the case as unfounded early (after her 2nd weekly visit) and also asked for her visits to be monthly which according to Arkansas state law is against the law in sexual abuse cases (monthly monitoring). Of course I'm not going to bring that part of the law up :wink: . Her supervisor agreed to monthly monitoring but not to the case being closed. In our county only 27% of cases opened are found to have any merit. They opened this case on the word of a mother whom I have questions about and BEFORE they spoke with the children or anyone else.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Sat May 06, 2006 3:57 pm

You're not wrong Tracy, CPS violates laws and their own policies and procedures all the time. Dan is just finding a reason to brag as usual. It doesn't matter if he's been fighting CPS since 2,000 BC, everyone here knows for a fact what you're saying is 100% true.

Try this link for Arkansas to find what you're looking for:

http://erikdravn.cendra.net/packets/arkansas.html

You can try to download the manual from there, if you can't, it could be because of your PC or your internet connection.

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Sat May 06, 2006 4:24 pm

Bob_Lynn wrote:You're not wrong Tracy, CPS violates laws and their own policies and procedures all the time. Dan is just finding a reason to brag as usual. It doesn't matter if he's been fighting CPS since 2,000 BC, everyone here knows for a fact what you're saying is 100% true.

The fact is I didn't say Tracy was wrong.

Another fact is I have been fighting CPS since 1987.

And it doesn't matter if you've been fighting CPS since 2,000 BC, Bob, I posted that I agreed with her, and that's 100% true.

Please try and stay on premise.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Sat May 06, 2006 4:26 pm

TracyP wrote: Just because my husband is still in the home and my children are in the home DOES NOT mean they have not violated their policies and proceedures.

Dan Sullivan wrote:I've been fighting CPS since 1987.

I know better than you.

You wouldn't be defending CPS Dan, would you now? Now there's a shocking thought.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Sat May 06, 2006 4:29 pm

Oh I do apologize Dan, I actually thought you were defending CPS when in fact it was just an excuse for you to brag. Sorry for interjecting.

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Sat May 06, 2006 4:32 pm

TracyP wrote: They opened this case on the word of a mother whom I have questions about and BEFORE they spoke with the children or anyone else.

The supposed incident doesn't fall under the purview of CPS.

I can only think CPS is keeping the case open for the funds it might bring in.

They can't possibly make a positive finding because there's no way they can verify the allegation let alone when it happened.

Ride this out till it's closed.

Best, Dan

TracyP

Postby TracyP » Sat May 06, 2006 4:50 pm

Both the CPS investigator who opened the case and the State police woman who came with her to our house told me that my husband acknowledged the event happened and told my husband vice versa. We both told them they were nuts that we had only spoken to them once (I KNOW ONCE TOO MANY) and we were both in the room at the time and they wouldn't convince either of us the other had said something we didnt' say.

Big bully's. And the mom who turned us in.....I've spoken to every contact about her. Her kid is still telling sex stories (not to mention there is something off about her and I don't mean in a good way)and they wont open an investigation on her because when I call it in, they see she is the one who turned us in.

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Sat May 06, 2006 5:02 pm

TracyP wrote: Both the CPS investigator who opened the case and the State police woman who came with her to our house told me that my husband acknowledged the event happened and told my husband vice versa. We both told them they were nuts that we had only spoken to them once (I KNOW ONCE TOO MANY) and we were both in the room at the time and they wouldn't convince either of us the other had said something we didnt' say.

Get a copy of the police record of that.

Believe me it won't document what they said to you and your husband.

You'll be able to use it against CPS.

TracyP wrote: Big bully's. And the mom who turned us in.....I've spoken to every contact about her. Her kid is still telling sex stories (not to mention there is something off about her and I don't mean in a good way)and they wont open an investigation on her because when I call it in, they see she is the one who turned us in.

Stop questioning people about the mother.

Stop trying to report her.

It'll come back and bite you where it hurts.

The school must have a record of what the other kids is saying.

This is going to turn out alright for your family.

Stay as calm as you can at least till it's closed.

Best, Dan

TracyP

Postby TracyP » Sat May 06, 2006 5:54 pm

Dan Sullivan wrote:The school must have a record of what the other kids is saying.

.Oh the school knows but it isn't in any record I'm aware of. The principal that assisted in us being turned in is the one who told us who turned us in and said quote "we have a problem in our 3rd grade with boys talking about these matters" But we never received anything stating those difficulties before CPS showed up. The school knows but isn't doing anything to stem the tide

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Sat May 06, 2006 6:01 pm

TracyP wrote:
Dan Sullivan wrote:The school must have a record of what the other kids is saying.

Oh the school knows but it isn't in any record I'm aware of. The principal that assisted in us being turned in is the one who told us who turned us in and said quote "we have a problem in our 3rd grade with boys talking about these matters" But we never received anything stating those difficulties before CPS showed up. The school knows but isn't doing anything to stem the tide

Hey,

How 'bout easing up on the big red letters.

I'm getting a head ache.

The school psych or social worker probably has it documented.

Best, Dan

TracyP

Postby TracyP » Sat May 06, 2006 6:16 pm

:oops: OOps sorry. I changed the wrong thing :oops:

Return to “Research Resources”