Page 1 of 1

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:42 pm
by Greegor
I looked up California and Iowa.
California Social Workers (contractors)
are even LESS regulated than Iowa.

Iowa SW's bottom coverage by the board
is LISW with a Bachelors of SW.

But most contract SW's are below LISW.

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:26 pm
by DadOTenAngels
All "Social Workers" must be licensed in the State of South Carolina. However, very few caseworkers are in fact, Social Workers. The SC Dept. of Social Services only requires that investigators and caseworkers obtain an internal "certification" by examination.

They hold all the cards on requirements for continuing education, etc...

One thing I highly advise is to get a copy of the your state Department of Social Services Internal Policies and Procedures manuals if you can. I got mine by calling up their central office and said I needed it for research purposes... very informative...

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:57 pm
by GamerXY
Since we're on this topic, you might want to check this one out too... ... portID=503
(Select all states, the report from 2002, then create report)

Unfortunately social work education is not required in the field of social work for most states.

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:09 pm
by Greegor

Do you have any national stats about SW licensure?

I'd guess that OF the 14% of caseworkers with
a Bachelors (4 year degree) in Social Work,
almost NONE maintain a license.

But the MSW's seem to be viewed as ""experts""
to lend credibility to what the unqualified's do.
I'm guessing that a LOT of the MSW caseworkers
and supervisors DO maintain SW licenses.

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:43 am
by pamom2crew
So, I am assuming according to this that caseworkers in pennsylvania, need no experience, only to pass a test?
Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?
And social workers need 1800hrs. of training?

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:17 pm
by Greegor
Most of the undegreed or under degreed people
working as caseworkers have probably been
there a long time, like since President carter
started the Welfare to Work program.

By underdegreed I mean people with
Associate (2 year) degrees.

I wonder how far they go with considering
degrees related?