I need help regarding how if possible in the State

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

deesand

I need help regarding how if possible in the State

Postby deesand » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:25 am

of California a change of our case worker and judge? Reason being is long story short my husbands family is all tied to law enforcement. And also, my husbands brother who is a sheriff adopted two children from the very same agency we are going through our CPS case.
Through out our whole case it has been more of a custody battle and the judge has allowed it as with the now social worker we had two others who were taken off our case, they did not agree with the issues in court they said it need to be an issue of reunification and not custody and since there was such rancor to leave our son who, we were luckily had a great foster care, was happy at his foster care and should not be removed.
Once this new worker was placed on our case she no sooner took him out of foster care and put him in my husbands family.
We have been going to court have spent 32K in legal fees and gotten no where but wasted time our rights will now be terminated on January 14th if all case plan is not done to the Tee, which we were working on until yesterday when my sister in law as out side my house and I had taken my puppy out to go pee and she started to yell at me and my husband came out and although he did pick up a hose he asked her to please leave twice and she came after him and hit him on the side of his head and he hosed here off cause she keep coming after him then her husband came along with the cops and now my husband is in jail, I told the officers that she came after him and he only hosed her down so she would calm down and they still told him to get up and place his hands behind his back. Now I missed two days in my program they want me in because I do not drive and I missed test. Before the cops came there my sister in law said "THE REASON WHY I HAVE NOT GONE TO COURT W/EVERYONE ELSE IS BECAUSE I, AM ADOPTING YOUR SON!'
I called my case worker and told her and she just brushed it off like oh well to bad, I told her my son must be removed and she said that will not happen. This was a direct threat am I wrong? Does any one have any suggestions?
PLEASE HELP, I would like to have some action done before my poor husband is released.
thank you
dee

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:18 am

Wow, talk about between a hard rock place with no escpaing it all.
You and hubby are going through hard times, and it is time you recognize your Parental Rights. It is merely a Family feud, and that is the problem I would solve first. That is to detach yourselves away from this Family farther away as possible. Just keep fighting to keep your Son as it is YOUR RIGHT! Don't ever let them take away your Parental Right, ever!

Other than Legal help, I have no idea, but I would slap a Restraining Order on this Woman- the sister in law. and another Harrassement charge against her. Maybe that would make her wise up or shape up or get lost. Just keep going to the Tests, and their Services just like it never happened. Just keep going like she wasn't in the picture. Just stick to the Renunification Process. Never sign papers that entails Adoption. Document everything as possible and to tape record their conversations. You should have tape recorded this Woman CPS worker that said "too bad" and play it out loud to the Super visor and the Courts. Record your sister in law and play it out loud in Court also. Do it anyways. You and hubby are already in deeper hole anyways and just expose for what they are. Cold hearted People is what they are.

deesand

I was think of

Postby deesand » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:51 am

getting a restrainting order on her, I don't know how to do that? Also, would my husband have to be the one to file charges on her for assult? I know they will not stick but anything helps.
she preachs to the others about CPS children and how to adopt them. She used to sit and watch her adopted son's visits w/his natural mother and then say come to mommy... then one day after a year the lady never showed up again.. how very sad.... I sure she fought like hell but I never heard that end of the story but you don't go through that torute and just stop visiting.... Her and all her friends have a child or two of ours.... it makes me sick.. I truly believe she has already set up paper work for my and I can't live with that. I love my baby. He's been away for about 5 1/2 months now and he just wants to come home. And they are winning...I need a new case worker... I have complained to her boss but he doesn't care either he says well she is one of our best ....I am lost
dee

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:09 pm

Dee:

She may have what you call "Adoptive Syndrome". She like adopting children because she may have issues of her own, problems in her past that led to the need to "Save" a Child. You need to find out if she has a Past when she was a Child. Because it is important that you show the Court that she is "not stable" in her head. Have the Court request a Psch. Evaluation on her to find out if indeed she has a syndrome of a habit to adopt Children.

Filing a Restraining Order is easy, just go to Court and request a Form Application for your husband to fill out, you can request from a Court Clerk, then when he is done filling them out, then it will be filed, then it will be signed by a Judge. There are two kinds of Restraining Order, Temporary one, and a Permanent one which is up to 5 years. I would take the severity one, the Permanent one for 5 years just to show how NUT she is. As for charging an Assault Charge and a Harrassement Charge, your husband has to go in the Police Station and request an Officer to file a Report and say (he has to insist that he wants to lay a Charge against this Woman) and he has to fill out the Report to what happened that day. Hit on Fore head, etc....that she came after you and waiting for you to come out. Find out if there is a Stalking charge as well. You can try file a Report and Charge her for three things- Assault, Harrassement and Stalking. He has to be truthful and full in details and he may have to sign the Report to show that all is truthful like an Oath. Then that's it. A Police Officer will come out and go over to her House and lay a Charge against her. It may be a Day in Jail or just a Paper work for her to show up in Court with a Court date. Fingerprinting will be processed as well on her. If the Police Officer tells you you don't need to do that, have your husband INSIST that HE WANT TO LAY A CHARGE against this Woman. If you don't lay a Charge, then it is out of the Window, then she has no Criminal Record and still adopts Children in the future.

As for changing Case workers, you can't. They WON'T CHANGE CW'S. But you can document everything, tape record her to show her non-professionality. You have to show Proof that she is out to get you and get it on Tape, keep the copy for yourself. Play out loud in Court, even though if you don't have to. Show the Supervisor this tape and play out loud. In order to get her fired, or changed, it has to show her Poor Professionality, Poor Job Working, Mismanging Cases, Not following Rules, Illegal Acts or Illegal Criminal Acts. (show she is like a Crook). Write down everything and keep all Letters for Copies. Maybe you have to go higher up, more up than a Supervisor.

You need to remain Strong until the End and your Husband needs to stomach the whole thing in and be Strong as well. Be prepared for Ugly fights to come, but at the end you will have Won. Their Creditiablity will be lost and gone.

Return to “CPS Investigations”