Can CPS proceed with adoption when TPR is under appeal?

For those who need to know the laws.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

MNNaNa

Can CPS proceed with adoption when TPR is under appeal?

Postby MNNaNa » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:48 pm

My daughter just informed me that there is a hearing on next Tuesday for the fosters to adopt my grandkids.

The TPR is under appeal.

Can they do this?

Why was I not notified?

Please help!
Broken hearted Grandma needs help

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:24 pm

I can't remember if you have a lawyer.

Did you do a dec of facts on the rights of grandparents?

What steps have you taken so that I can try to help.

I don't know anything about TPR and your rights of appeal, but I am willing to look up whatever I can in the way of info.

I will start with case laws.

If I remember correctly you have a no good judge and if that is correct then there is not much you can do now because he has all of the say.
This is not legal advice;hopefully wisdom

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.
http://themurkynews.blogspot.com/ MattTwoFour

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

MNNaNa

Postby MNNaNa » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:29 pm

We became a party under the Defacto Law when this all began.

The judge ruled for the termination in Oct and at that time said the kids could not be placed with us due to an open file regarding child maltreatment the foster parents dreamed up about my hubby.

We have since appealed that and are awaiting the findings of the review judge. (which should have been here by now)

We have a lawyer but he is no longer working for us as we owe him thousands of dollars and are trying to get money to pay him.

We did consult with another laywer who is VERY knowledgable in these types of cases. He said the appeal on the termination stops all adoption procedures.

But I have noticed this county has done nothing legal from the start of this so why would they do so now.

Irregardless I plan on being at this hearing.

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:07 am

I know of one grandmother who was barred from going into the hearing.

The insanity of it all.

To put it in simple terms…when the authorities ARE the perpetrators and the perpetrators ARE the authorities, there is no earthly justice or recourse, at the end of the day (unless the American people wake up).

Therefore, those who have achieved the highest levels of power seek to ‘enjoy’ the most grievous and extreme injustices. For many of those in the highest circles of power, the greatest statement of power is to perpetrate the greatest possible injustice…the savage, brutal traumatization and abuse of an innocent child.

"Ultimately, the law is only as good as the judge" --- D.X. Yue, 2005, in "law, reason and judicial fraud"
http://www.parentalrightsandjustice.com/index.cgi?ctype=Page;site_id=1;objid=45;curloc=Site:1

MNNaNa

Postby MNNaNa » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:30 pm

Found out yesterday this is a review hearing on the TPR and my lawyer is on the list.

Of course I contacted him and he knew NOTHING about it. HMMMM

He said he would do some checking.

MNNaNa

Postby MNNaNa » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:33 pm

Just in case any one wants to know what happened here in MN.

The judge ruled he had no authority to proceed with ANYTHING as long as it is in the appellate court.

Good for us but bad for us.

Now we have to go to the appeals court to ask for visitation until this mess is decided.

In the mean time those precious kids are in limbo.

Nice system Huh???????

Dazeemay

Postby Dazeemay » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:53 pm

I was curious and going to pm you if I didn't see a post.

As a grandmother too, everyday I keep asking myself, what can we do to change the whole rotten system? There must be something we are missing. It is like putting a puzzle together; where in the world is that piece that will complete it.

If you think about it, the odds are against us and only because we can't get people united. If we could get people united all over the country, but that has been tried on and off for 30 years. We can't even get people to vote for a ribbon and that is a heck of a lot easier than trying to unite people all over the country.

Sorry, for venting on your thread.

GRRRRRR!!!

Return to “Legal Research”