Freedom in America

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Bob_Lynn

Freedom in America

Postby Bob_Lynn » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:12 am

Nancy Levant
March 7, 2006
NewsWithViews.com

Let's look at American freedom. Let's investigate exactly what it is that we are free to do:

Driving – requires multiple Ids, insurance, registration, and licensure. Driving surveillance cameras are literally everywhere, much as they are in Great Britian.

Working – requires resumes, curriculum vitas, Social Security numbers, medical histories, RFID passes, driver licenses numbers, parking passes, Federal Income taxes, State Income taxes, local taxes, documentation of the numbers of your children, mandatory attendance, annual, documented, and data based performance ratings, assessments much akin to school assessments, etc.

School – requires all socio-economic information on each of your children and you, permission for medical information and access, all divorce and custody information, all vaccination information, all previous educational documentation, mental health screening, assessment test, union teachers, your tax dollars, mandatory attendance, annual Federal and State tests, mandatory teacher and mental health advocate student documentation files, 20-page annual rule booklets for parents and students, student Ids, student information availability to military recruiters, enforced international curriculum, employment and military service ratings, etc.

Housing – requires 50 to 100 signatures on 50 to 100 forms to buy houses, credit reports from 3 agencies, a corrupt lending industry that includes loans mandating life-long credit histories, financing schemes that protect banks while financially devastating consumers, Eminent Domain, land use laws, deed restrictions, water use restrictions, well drilling restrictions, building restrictions, water regulated by the EPA, water meters, gas and electric meters, power and water governmental administration and regulation, toilet regulations, sewer regulations, mandatory cable television (TV's don't work anymore without cable subscriptions, property taxes, etc.

Recreation and travel – requires licensure for hunting, fishing, ATVs, boating – or in other words, anything that involves land or water recreation, registration of firearms, RFID technology inside of firearms (trackable), mandatory credit card use for vacations, car rentals, insurance, hotels, airline tickets, etc., mandatory searches of person and luggage, mandatory ID, etc.

Communication – radio requires Federal Communication Commission regulation of airwaves and programming, electricity is regulated by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, telephones are regulated by the Federal Communication Commission, all telephone conversations are now permitted to be listened to by governmental agencies, all email is now observable, executive orders allow for the spying and taking of all communication devices in an undefined national emergency, all disagreement with American leadership, including what is termed as "Constitutionalists" has been designated as acts of terrorism not only by John Ash croft, but also by the FBI via their Megiddo Program, Patriot Act(s), and Internet regulations, monitoring, and surveillance are growing day by day.

Services – any and all services now require ID including name, address, phone, credit cards, social security number, etc. Most (if not all) services now send their customer records to large data bases, which then sell your information to information brokers, who then re-sell your information to anyone willing to buy it.

Birth and Death – Instant social security numbers, instant probate court, instant taxes, instantaneous "system" tracking.

Medical Care – Instantaneous data basing, human labeling according to health issues, mandatory mental health "screening," instantaneous bankruptcy due to medical costs, senior citizen abuse (physical and financial) via senior care facilities of all makes and kinds, mandatory vaccinations with known and manufactured dangers, refusal of medical care due to no insurance, and insurance only for the rich, the corporately employed, or the illegal alien.

So, my question is this – what exactly does freedom mean to you? And what exactly are you free to do in today's America?

Freedom of religion? Not if you're a Christian. Mosques in the U.S. can call their faithful to prayer over loud speakers, but don't mention Christmas or sing a carol or even pray in public. There is no freedom of religion in the U.S. for Christian people. Remember, the U.N. does not care for Christianity and our elected signed us onto Agenda 21.

Freedom to disagree with your elected "representatives?" Let's see how long that one lasts, shall we? Have you read your Executive Orders lately? Or how about the Model State Emergency Health Powers Act, which would give state governors and public health officials the power to:

Force individuals suspected of harboring an "infectious disease" to undergo medical examinations.

Track and share an individual's personal health information, including genetic information.

Force persons to be vaccinated, treated, or quarantined for infectious diseases.

Mandate that all health care providers report all cases of persons who harbor any illness or health condition that may be caused by an epidemic or an infectious agent and might pose a "substantial risk" to a "significant number of people or cause a long-term disability." (Note: Neither "substantial risk" nor "significant number" are defined in the draft.)

Force pharmacists to report any unusual or any increased prescription rates that may be caused by epidemic diseases.

Preempt existing state laws, rules and regulations, including those relating to privacy, medical licensure, and--this is key--property rights.

Control public and private property during a public health emergency, including pharmaceutical manufacturing plants, nursing homes, other health care facilities, and communications devices.

Mobilize all or any part of the "organized militia into service to the state to help enforce the state's orders."

Ration firearms, explosives, food, fuel and alcoholic beverages, among other commodities.
Impose fines and penalties to enforce their orders.
Then, consider the following:

Super viruses are manufactured.

Borders are open to illegals of all shapes and kinds.

NAFTA-CAFTA-FTAA enforces internationalized economics.

Imported nuclear devices are known to be in the United States.

The Federal Reserve Corporation bankrupted our nation.

The Partnership-stakeholding bureaucracy eliminates voting.

The elected representatives of the American people are rapidly eliminating constitutional rights.

The American military is completely dedicated to foreign theaters, while a secondary military system has been established on the homeland with new and unimaginable powers over the citizenry.
Let us consider the powers of the Patriot Act II draft:

SECTION 501 (Expatriation of Terrorists) expands the definition of "enemy combatant" to all American citizens who "may" have violated any provision of Section 802 of the first Patriot Act. (Section 802 is the new definition of domestic terrorism, and the definition is "any action that endangers human life that is a violation of any Federal or State law.") Section 501 of the second Patriot Act directly connects to Section 125 of the same act. The Justice Department boldly claims that the incredibly broad Section 802 of the First USA Patriot Act isn't broad enough and that a new, unlimited definition of terrorism is needed.

Under Section 501 a US citizen engaging in lawful activities can be grabbed off the street and thrown into a van never to be seen again. The Justice Department states that they can do this because the person "had inferred from conduct" that they were not US citizens. Remember Section 802 of the First USA Patriot Act states that any violation of Federal or State law can result in the "enemy combatant" terrorist designation.

SECTION 201 of the second Patriot Act makes it a criminal act for any member of the government or any citizen to release any information concerning the incarceration or whereabouts of detainees. It also states that law enforcement does not have to tell the press whom they have arrested, and they never have to release the names.

SECTION 301 and 306 (Terrorist Identification Database) set up a national database of "suspected terrorists" and radically expand the database to include anyone associated with suspected terrorist groups and anyone involved in crimes or having supported any group designated as "terrorist." These sections also set up a national DNA database for anyone on probation or who has been on probation for any crime, and orders State governments to collect the DNA for the Federal government.

SECTION 312 gives immunity to law enforcement engaging in spying operations against the American people and would place substantial restrictions on court injunctions against Federal violations of civil rights across the board.

SECTION 101 will designate individual terrorists as foreign powers and again strip them of all rights under the "enemy combatant" designation.

SECTION 102 states clearly that any information gathering, regardless of whether or not those activities are illegal, can be considered to be clandestine intelligence activities for a foreign power. This makes newsgathering illegal.

SECTION 103 allows the Federal government to use wartime martial law powers domestically and internationally without Congress declaring that a state of war exists.

SECTION 106 is bone chilling in its straightforwardness. It states that broad general warrants by the secret FSIA court (a panel of secret judges set up in a star chamber system that convenes in an undisclosed location) granted under the first Patriot Act are not good enough. It states that government agents must be given immunity for carrying out searches with no prior court approval. This section throws out the entire Fourth Amendment against unreasonable searches and seizures.

SECTION 109 allows secret star-chamber courts to issue contempt charges against any individual or corporation who refuses to incriminate themselves or others. This section annihilates the last vestiges of the Fifth Amendment.

SECTION 110 restates that key police state clauses in the first Patriot Act were not sunsetted and removes the five-year sunset clause from other subsections of the first Patriot Act. After all, the media has told us: "This is the New America. Get used to it. This is forever."

SECTION 111 expands the definition of the "enemy combatant" designation.

SECTION 122 restates the government's newly announced power of "surveillance without a court order."

SECTION 123 restates that the government no longer needs warrants and that the investigations can be a giant dragnet-style sweep described in press reports about the Total Information Awareness Network. One passage reads, "thus the focus of domestic surveillance may be less precise than that directed against more conventional types of crime."

*Note: Over and over again, in subsection after subsection, the second Patriot Act states that its new Soviet-type powers will be used to fight international terrorism, domestic terrorism and other types of crimes. Of course the government has already announced in Section 802 of the first USA Patriot act that any crime is considered domestic terrorism.

SECTION 126 grants the government the right to mine the entire spectrum of public and private sector information from bank records to educational and medical records. This is the enacting law to allow ECHELON and the Total Information Awareness Network to break down any and all walls of privacy. The government states that they must look at everything to "determine" if individuals or groups might have a connection to terrorist groups. As you can now see, you are guilty until proven innocent.

SECTION 127 allows the government to takeover coroners' and medical examiners' operations whenever they see fit.

SECTION 128 allows the Federal government to place gag orders on Federal and State Grand Juries and to take over the proceedings. It also disallows individuals or organizations to even try to quash a Federal subpoena. So now defending yourself will be a terrorist action.

SECTION 129 destroys any remaining whistle blower protection for Federal agents.

SECTION 202 allows corporations to keep secret their activities with toxic biological, chemical or radiological materials.

SECTION 205 allows top Federal officials to keep all financial dealings secret, and anyone investigating them can be considered a terrorist. SECTION 303 sets up national DNA database of suspected terrorists. The database will also be used to "stop other unlawful activities." It will share the information with state, local and foreign agencies for the same purposes.

SECTION 311 federalizes your local police department in the area of information sharing.

SECTION 313 provides liability protection for businesses, especially big businesses, that spy on their customers for Homeland Security, violating their privacy agreements. It goes on to say that these are all preventative measures - has anyone seen Minority Report? This is the access hub for the Total Information Awareness Network.

SECTION 321 authorizes foreign governments to spy on the American people and to share information with foreign governments.

SECTION 322 removes Congress from the extradition process and allows officers of the Homeland Security complex to extradite American citizens anywhere they wish. It also allows Homeland Security to secretly take individuals out of foreign countries.

SECTION 402 is titled "Providing Material Support to Terrorism." The section reads that there is no requirement to show that the individual even had the intent to aid terrorists.

SECTION 403 expands the definition of weapons of mass destruction to include any activity that affects interstate or foreign commerce.

SECTION 404 makes it a crime for a terrorist or "other criminals" to use encryption in the commission of a crime.

SECTION 408 creates "lifetime parole" (basically, slavery) for a whole host of crimes.

SECTION 410 creates no statute of limitations for anyone that engages in terrorist actions or supports terrorists. Remember: any crime is now considered terrorism under the first Patriot Act.

SECTION 411 expands crimes that are punishable by death. Again, they point to Section 802 of the first Patriot Act and state that any terrorist act or support of terrorist act can result in the death penalty.

SECTION 421 increases penalties for terrorist financing. This section states that any type of financial activity connected to terrorism will result to time in prison and $10-50,000 fines per violation.

SECTIONS 427 sets up asset forfeiture provisions for anyone engaging in terrorist activities. There are many other sections that I did not cover in the interest of time. The American people were shocked by the despotic nature of the first Patriot Act. The second Patriot Act dwarfs all police state legislation in modern world history. (Many thanks to Alex Jones for this important list and research).

The only remaining question for American people is whether Executive Orders, and acts such as the Model State Emergency Health Powers Act and the Patriot Act II are imposed "in case of crisis," or whether they are created as part of a pre-determined decision to dismantle Constitutional America. And either way, is this how we want to live? Is this what you call freedom?

Carefully consider all the above. Carefully consider the fact that the American military has been out of the country for nearly 100 years, fighting foreign battles. And carefully consider that most Executive Orders were written prior to 9-11, and that the first Patriot Act was immediately passed following 9-11 without Congress having access to the contents of the Act. Something is terribly wrong, and my greatest fear is that American people will never have another opportunity for a legitimate national vote. It would appear that other plans are in the making.

Rally To Enforce the Laws and Legal Operation of this Nation!

On April 17, 2006 at 1:00 pm EST, victims of legal abuse, legal reformers, Constitutionalists, and freedom-minded people and organizations, who demand legal Constitutional governance, will:

Join together at the Rayburn Congressional Office Building, the location of the House Judiciary Committee, to demand that the Committee hold hearings on legal abuse in America.

Lawyers and activist organizations are needed to attend and take action/organization plans home to their individual states.

For information on how to get involved NOW, and to advertise this rally in all 50 states, please contact The Patriot Caucus at patriotcaucus.com and the Citizens Justice Institute at citizensjustice.com.
It's time to enforce the laws and legal operation of this, OUR nation! Pass this information onto at least 5 people and/or organizations, and ask them to do the same.

Promoted by The Patriot Caucus and the Citizens Justice Institute.

© 2006 Nancy Levant - All Rights Reserved

E-Mails are used strictly for NWVs alerts, not for sale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nancy Levant is a life-long writer, a believer of God, country, Constitutional and individual rights. She resides in rural Southwestern Ohio. She has worked professionally with children since 1974 and is an ardent supporter of home schooling.

Nancy Levant has done radio and television interviews, has been a guest speaker in many venues including college campuses, schools, Indian reservations, human service organizations, and has been the president of a youth sports organization.

Ms. Levant just completed 'The Collapse of Intuition', a non-fiction book about the decline of instinctual and intuitive abilities in American women. Equally, she is a writer for freedom and land rights issues and opposes the United Nation's Agenda 21 implementation in America.

E-Mail: [email protected]

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:04 pm

I do love my country Bob, but I totally agree,,,, we are not free!!

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:13 pm

I love my country too, I hate this government, it needs to be changed. Our forefathers felt the same way.

gideonmacleish

Postby gideonmacleish » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:14 am

Just finished reading Michael Badnarik's "Good to be King". I would encourage both of you to scare up a copy and read it. I will be using it as text in our homeschool next year.

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:12 pm

and gideonmacleish? it is a fact that we only have the right to think we have rights, we are not free, I had a cop be extremely rude to me, and for what reason? just because he could, when I said something back he tried to say he could press charges against me, but me being the stubborn southern woman I am I dared him, he didn't but it didn't stop him from trying to push me around. I do believe that many, many countries or a lot worse off, and I do believe that we have much more than so many people, and I do believe that this is the place I would rather be and I praise God I am an American, but I also agree that there are too many leaders and some of them need to learn how to follow.

gideonmacleish

Postby gideonmacleish » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:01 am

Actually, RKeyser, we DO have those rights. The fact that our present government doesn't recognize them is THEIR fault, not ours. See, our founding fathers recognized those rights as God given and inalienable, and indeed they are.

I would like to see fewer activists at the Mall in Washington protesting against the war, and MORE activists protesting against the daily, routine violation of our individual liberties in direct defiance to the US Constitution. Our President has, sadly, worked to suspend the Constitution by making an open ended declaration of war and invoking war powers that are, themselves, unConstitutional. We are at present under martial law, under the proclamation of a President who does not have the authority to make that decision.

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:14 am

I feel a lot of people dislike our pres because he doesn't just sit back and do nothing,,, those people asked for help and we gave it! Bush may not be at thetop of my list but at least he's not a coward and no one likes the fact that he doesn't get pushed around,,, and THAT is MY right to say!

RKeyser

Postby RKeyser » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:16 am

we may have the "rights" but we don't have the "right" to enforce them

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:23 am

gideonmacleish wrote:The fact that our present government doesn't recognize them is THEIR fault, not ours.

I'm going to respecfully disagree with you Gideon. Our present government exists because we created it and we elected those in power. So we have a government and people in power who don't respect or recognize our human and civil rights and that's our fault. To remedy that, we need to change the government and/or elect those who will recognize our human and civil rights and that's our responsibility.

gideonmacleish

Postby gideonmacleish » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:59 am

I'm not taking personal heat on this one, Bob. I'm literally doing all I can to fight to restore this government, including putting my family in the pressure cooker that comes with being a political candidate. There are others who are working just as hard, and they don't deserve the heat on this one either.

The government that is in power has operated using deception and misinformation. They have utilized a cooperative media. As a writer, I do all I can to write about abuses of power and inform others as well. I also have other long range (PEACEFUL, for the information of the government snoops) plans that I can't divulge as of yet. I have attempted to rally activists, but you can generally cut the silence with a knife.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:18 am

gideonmacleish wrote:I'm not taking personal heat on this one, Bob.

That's up to you. I feel I am fully responsible because for most of my life, I relaxed my guard, lived by the adage "you can't fight city hall" and stayed silent. All that changed in March 2004 when the government attacked my family by violating our human and civil rights.

gideonmacleish wrote:I'm literally doing all I can to fight to restore this government, including putting my family in the pressure cooker that comes with being a political candidate. There are others who are working just as hard, and they don't deserve the heat on this one either.

Well I'm fighting on a different front and I believe I'm risking the safety of my family as well by doing that. The alternative however (doing nothing), puts my family and the rest of this nation at an even greater risk. How one sees "the heat" is in the eyes of the beholder.

gideonmacleish wrote:The government that is in power has operated using deception and misinformation. They have utilized a cooperative media. As a writer, I do all I can to write about abuses of power and inform others as well. I also have other long range (PEACEFUL, for the information of the government snoops) plans that I can't divulge as of yet. I have attempted to rally activists, but you can generally cut the silence with a knife.

Agreed, but again, I see it as we created a Frankenstein's monster and it's up to us to fix the problem. My short term plan is not a secret and my long term plan depends on the success or failure of my short term plan. The problem is, I don't think I'll live long enough to put my long term plan into effect if I have to resort to it.

kdddav

Postby kdddav » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:51 pm

Freedom? What's that?

It's gone. The only way to restore it is thorugh another American Revolution.

Sorry, it had to be said.

2008 is the clincher with the Real ID Act. Papers to travel... well, a microchip to travel. Documents, digital or paper, will be needed. Your Birth Cerificate... SSN... Biometrics...

Today, if you renew or get your passport... you get a chip in it with all that.

In Ohio, Prisoners have the chip inserted into their bodies... as of 2004.

Better than GPS, too. Requires no power. RFID. Radio Frequency Identification.

But that is in a few years.

It's bad enough now. We're not free. If we want to be free, the price is always paid in blood.
"The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth becomes the greatest enemy of the State." —Dr. Joseph M. Goebbels, Hitler’s Propaganda Minister

mushiesmom

Inherent Rights

Postby mushiesmom » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:09 pm

Inherent Rights
Inherent rights are those that are automatically ours as part of our birthright. Most of these rights apply in relation to all other individuals, including organizations, governments, etc. Some of these rights only apply in relation to governments. Many of the latter category would be in the Bill of Rights or similar provisions. Besides Inherent Rights there are Presumed Rights, which are rights that one can reasonably presume to apply except when notified to the contrary. Inherent Rights are the most fundamental and universal rights under Natural Law and are tied in most directly to the Non-Aggression Principle. Inherent Rights are part of the nature of mankind as sentient beings with free will. The source of these rights is a matter of individual belief and therefore beyond the scope of this document. It doesn't matter, because regardless of where these rights come from or why we have them, we all agree that we have them and that these rights are inherent to our very nature. Because of this, they cannot legally be taken away or violated. They cannot even be given away, because they are part of our very being. Declining to enforce a right is not the same as giving it away. An inherent right cannot even be delegated, loaned, sold, or contracted out. An individual can delegate or grant a privilege or a contract right to another, but not an inherent right.
The foundation of all inherent rights, and their only exception, is the Non-Aggression Principle: Do not initiate force or fraud against another's person or property. You may use it to the extent reasonably necessary for self-defense, but don't be the one to start it. In other words, except in self-defense, do not harm anyone, do not harm or steal anyone's property, do not break your word, do not try to coerce anyone by threatening to do any of these things, and do not advocate doing any of these things.
All individuals have equal rights. (We need help defining the rights of children and the insane before we can address them in this document, so consider this in the context of sane adults.) The rights of any individual are limited only by the equal rights of any other individual. One or more individuals can form any kind of organization for any purpose and do whatever they want with it or through it, as long as neither the organization nor its individual members violate NAP thereby. An organization, or any group of two or more individuals, cannot have any more rights than the rights of all the individuals in the group in this case the whole is not greater than the sum of its parts. Individuals can contract (agree) with each other by fully informed mutual consent to do anything as long as they don't violate NAP. Therefore, individuals can also make any mutually consensual contract with an organization they form, and individuals and organizations can similarly contract with other individuals and organizations.
Individuals and organizations can delegate or grant "contract rights" or privileges (but not inherent rights) to other individuals or organizations by mutual agreement, and can revoke or limit these privileges at will if either the agreement does not specify to the contrary, or the other party violates the agreement, or otherwise as provided by the agreement. This is true no matter what kind of organization it is or for what purpose, or whether it's called a club, church, corporation, government, or anything else. Individuals and organizations can form multiple levels of organizations, each delegating some privileges or contract rights to the next, but organizations have no inherent rights, so they can only have those rights and privileges which have been granted or delegated to them by their members or founders. If each level delegates only to the next level, then each level can have no greater rights than the level before it. No organization at any level can have any rights or privileges not delegated or granted to it by its members or founders at some level, either directly or indirectly. Ultimately they all come from individuals, which are always the highest level.
An organization cannot have any inherent rights, even NAP, since an organization is formed by contract and generally has only the rights granted to it by the contract. Organizations have NAP as a presumed right - in other words, an organization has the right to be free from the initiation of force or fraud against itself or its property, except to the extent that its contract provides otherwise. For example, a specific organization's contract may provide that its members can abolish it at any time, thus its right to life is limited. Even in relation to unrelated individuals or organizations, an organization's NAP rights are only presumed, since they can agree otherwise by contract if they wish. An example might be a client company that grants a management company the right to restructure or break up the client company in order to save it.
A government, in the proper legal sense, is an organization created to protect some or all of the rights of its members under NAP. The terms are often embodied in one or more documents, the most important of which is usually called a constitution. Technically, it's a kind of contract, usually more specifically resembling a trust. The grantors, being the founders and members (usually called citizens and which are also usually the beneficiaries), grant certain privileges to the trustee, being the government. If the government exceeds or abuses its authority, or violates its fiduciary responsibilities or NAP or any other rights of any of its citizens, it has breached its agreement and is liable for damages as specified in the agreement or otherwise by Common Law, which may include loss of its privileges, revocation of its authority, or even termination of the agreement and its very existence. This is why the most legal and complete constitutions recognize the right of the people to reorganize or even abolish the government, and the best constitutions recognize the right of each member (whether organization or individual) to secede. Therefore, the constitution including these common provisions recognizes the following: The government using this constitution has no inherent rights of its own; it has only the rights or privileges granted by its members and only so long as the members consent. Any or all of these rights or privileges may be withdrawn (un-delegated) at any time, by any specific member with respect to that member, or by any or all of the members together. Any member may secede. If this government is part of a multi-level structure, these common constitutional provisions apply to every level, and any member at any level may secede from any other level. Thus, for example, under these provisions, a state may secede from a country a county may secede from a state, or country, or both and an individual may secede from a city, county, district, state, or country, or any desired combination thereof. To secede is to stop delegating any rights or privileges and to be no longer bound by the constitution or any laws (and no longer have any benefit from them) one who has seceded would remain bound (and benefited) only by NAP and by any contracts (or terms) still in force.
Any government which violates NAP or its own constitution or laws has broken its contract and its trust, and has thereby become untrustworthy, in default, invalid, and illegal. As such, it may no longer enforce even its limited rights or privileges, nor any of its member's obligations to it, nor may it even enforce NAP against its members or anyone it has damaged as a result of its violation. Its members are no longer bound by its constitution or laws and may secede at will (even if it says otherwise). The following are some of the inherent rights of individuals in dealing with everyone else (not only government and other organizations but also other individuals). There are probably others, and NAP potentially implies an almost infinite list, so omission from this list does not mean that a right does not exist or apply.
The right to life - at least from the moment of birth until natural death. After conception, the fetus's right to life is an inherent right in relation to everyone except the mother carrying the fetus, in relation to whom the fetus's right to life is only a presumed right, because it somewhat infringes upon the mother's right to control her own body. But after 183 days, or once the mother commits to carrying the fetus to term, its right to life becomes inherent even in relation to the mother (and the mother has a fiduciary duty to at least try to a reasonable extent to provide a healthy environment for the fetus), except in case of medical necessity, e.g. to save the mother from death or serious injury or illness, or to save a hopelessly defective fetus from suffering. At this stage, except for medical necessity, if the mother changes her mind and no longer wants to carry the fetus to term, it should not be aborted; labor should be induced (or surgery performed) so that the baby is born prematurely and it should be cared for accordingly.
The right to live includes the right to die. A person of sound mind who reasonably wants to die should be allowed to do so, with assistance if necessary, and the facilitator is not guilty of a crime. The desire to die is not in itself evidence of an unsound mind.
The right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness includes the right to make one's own health decisions, including self-medication. This includes the right to eat, drink, or smoke anything as long as one does not infringe upon anyone else's rights by doing so. The user of course must take responsibility for the effects of any drug or other intoxicant used, unless its use was induced involuntarily or by fraud, in which case the inducer is responsible.
The security of one's private information against intrusions by other individuals, organizations, or governments is sacred. No one may collect, process, buy, sell, send, or receive anyone's personal data without their informed consent or a lawfully obtained court order. Even with this, no one may send anyone's data outside the country for processing (including customer support) without specific consent including where it's going and why. A person who in any way handles the private data of others who are citizens or residents of this country must be citizens of this country residing in this country and may not within the last year have been convicted or serving a sentence or paying a fine or making restitution for any crime, or within the last 5 years for any crime involving dishonesty, without the specific and informed permission of the person whose data is being handled. This paragraph of inherent privacy rights of individuals also applies as presumed rights of organizations, except as provided by applicable contracts.

Thought this was interesting.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:08 pm

Krista, please cite your source, thanks.

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:22 am

Bob_Lynn wrote:Krista, please cite your source, thanks.

Have you not heard of Google, Bob?

http://freecountries.org/inherent-rights.html

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:09 am

Thanks for the link Dan, your comment was unnecessary.

mushiesmom

Postby mushiesmom » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:21 am

Dan was right it was a google search. I have more info if you need it for something.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:23 am

Thanks Krista, the point is that I constantly do research on the subject of CPS, rights and anything appropriately related and whenever I see something I'd like to store, I want the exact source so I can cite it if I need to.

Anyone can do a Google search, we're here to help each other and citing sources whenever possible makes it more convenient for the reader so the reader does not have to search for the source him/herself. Also, you have to be careful about copying and posting copyrighted information without crediting the author or source. Sometimes, the author won't allow it without express permission even if you cite the source. In those cases, you may only be able to provide a link.

mousey

Postby mousey » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:47 pm

Don Moen my favorite Christian singer sings
God Will Make A Way
There is none greater than Jesus

Return to “Round Table”