An actual Motion - seriously

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Wed May 31, 2006 3:46 pm

Dan, Do you have an explanation for why
you asserted this?

Is that not legal code in your state of New York?
Is there ANY state that doesn't have this code?

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Wed May 31, 2006 4:33 pm

Greegor wrote: Dan, Do you have an explanation for why
you asserted this?

Is that not legal code in your state of New York?

Is what legal code?

Greegor wrote: Is there ANY state that doesn't have this code?

Which code?

You tell me.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Wed May 31, 2006 5:20 pm

Greegor wrote:Dan, Do you have an explanation for why
you asserted this?

You didn't really expect a human answer did you Greegor?
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. Edward R. Murrow

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Wed May 31, 2006 5:52 pm

Dan in New York:
Does New York have a state legal code that
Constitutional issues can NOT be raised
for the first time in the appeals court?

Why did you assert that people should
wait until appeals court to bring up
constitutional issues?

Are you going to acknowledge that your
advice to avoid pleading constitutional
issues until the appeals court was
HORRIBLY and DANGEROUSLY WRONG?

Or are you going to defend that advice somehow?

Have your many ""references""
succeeded by using that strategy?

firemonkey

Postby firemonkey » Wed May 31, 2006 6:18 pm

whoops
Last edited by firemonkey on Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Wed May 31, 2006 6:32 pm

Greegor wrote: Dan in New York:
Does New York have a state legal code that
Constitutional issues can NOT be raised
for the first time in the appeals court?

I don't know.

Greegor wrote:Why did you assert that people should
wait until appeals court to bring up
constitutional issues?

I don't think that's what I said.

Greegor wrote: Are you going to acknowledge that your
advice to avoid pleading constitutional
issues until the appeals court was
HORRIBLY and DANGEROUSLY WRONG?

Or are you going to defend that advice somehow?

I believe I said to assert civil and constitutional rights during a trial and to challenge the Judge's determinations in an appeal.

Greegor wrote:Have your many ""references""
succeeded by using that strategy?

As you know from what's been posted, Greegor, the people who've thanked me for my help and advice have prevailed in court against CPS or have had their children returned by CPS.

Not once has any of my "references" filed an appeal that I know of.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Wed May 31, 2006 7:00 pm

firemonkey wrote:Bla, bla, bla, Bob,

I guess you asking me to "leave you alone" doesn't apply both ways, eh Monkey?
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. Edward R. Murrow

Mistchf

Postby Mistchf » Wed May 31, 2006 8:50 pm

You know, I read the orginal post here by Dan and before I read anything else I was pretty pissed. I don't care what parent, where, files what motion or how ridiculous it sounds. The fact that ANY parent somewhere is trying to do something is a plus so far as I'm concerned. And since this a place where people come for help it really is annoying to listen to and watch the sarcasm and "god you are stupid" attitude. Yes, Dan, I am saying that is MY interpretation and if you are really here to help you might start by actually trying to sound as if you WANT to help instead of sounding like a know-it-all. Which, after following YOUR advice, I still do not have my records and since you can't direct me on where to go from here, you obviously don't know it all.

This is MY opinion of why CPS continues to get away with what they do. Every single advocate group I see has those in it who want nothing more than to belittle people rather than help them. It would seem to me that if someone wants to come here for a battle of wits or any other kind of battle....go get a damn law license and practice it with the REAL lawyers. The people who come to these groups need things DONE, need advice. They certainly don't need "well I did THIS, it worked for me what's YOUR problem."

Yes it's a free world, free speech and all that stuff...if you want to debate, belittle and argue there's all kinds of places to do it. Don't you think that other people (oh like maybe the CPS people!!!)read this stuff and see the lack of cohesiveness? I just don't get it...

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Wed May 31, 2006 9:14 pm

Mistchf wrote: I still do not have my records and since you can't direct me on where to go from here, you obviously don't know it all.

I don't know where you are in attempting to get your records.

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Wed May 31, 2006 9:24 pm

Dan Sullivan wrote today
> I believe I said to assert civil and constitutional
> rights during a trial and to challenge the
> Judge's determinations in an appeal.

vs.

Dan Sullivan Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:26 am (14 days ago)
> I believe an appeal is the proper forum to question
> the constitutionality of a Judge's determinations
> or CPS' course of actions.

Do you see the words "assert" in the May 18th version?

Mistchf

Postby Mistchf » Wed May 31, 2006 9:34 pm

My point exactly Dan...and if you really WERE here to help you would know, as it's already been discussed. But it seems you are far too busy and can't remember things like that...again, just my observations.

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:03 am

Mistchf wrote: My point exactly Dan...and if you really WERE here to help you would know, as it's already been discussed.

FYI I don't follow every post, conversation and case on FightCPS.

Mistchf wrote: But it seems you are far too busy and can't remember things like that...again, just my observations.

It's my observation that you aren't really looking for my help because you failed to post where you are presently in attempting to get a copy of your caserecord.

Besides I remember it appeared you were more interested in following the advice of a few other people... filing a lawsuit, etc, etc.

I'd be interested in seeing how that works out for you... and how long it takes.

You've got to give it time.

mushiesmom

Postby mushiesmom » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:56 am

weren't you guys supposed to IGNORE on another?

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:23 am

mushiesmom wrote:weren't you guys supposed to IGNORE on another?

I am ignoring Bob.

I'm merely responding to a few members of his cabal.

mushiesmom

Postby mushiesmom » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:53 am

Well its painfully obvious that not everyone got that message. Apparently some people are just antagonistic and always need to be right and get the last word in. JMO

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:51 am

mushiesmom wrote:weren't you guys supposed to IGNORE on another?

"supposed to"? By whose dictate?

I don't ignore people who intentionally mislead and spout dangerous advice to promote some sinister self serving agenda, I expose them. If that were true, I wouldn't have joined this forum or started the LIFE site. No one tells me what to write or say or not. I think you know me better than that by now Krista.

Anytime this forum believes I'm not doing what I can to Fight CPS and their colluders and supporters, they are free to ban me from this site. I have no intentions of stopping or curtailing that fight.

Is that your best contribution to this discussion Krista? That's almost as helpful as "bla, bla, bla".

The difference is I do a ton of research and analysis on everything I find relevant to fighting CPS and the colluding family courts. My focus now is on Appeals and I will have a full report shortly. Unlike Dan Sullivan, who spouts garbage advice and makes incredulous unsupported claims to try to convince people his garbage advice is correct, I try to post fact and I will always say people should take everyone's opinion, INCLUDING MINE (I'm certainly no expert) and any alleged professional with a grain of salt. NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT ANSWER for everything, especially not Dan Sullivan and I never ever said I do either, if you believe I did, show me where. What's "painfully obvious" is Dan Sullivan knows nothing about appeals in New York or anywhere, and makes claims and advises about what he knows nothing about.

Mistchf

Postby Mistchf » Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:16 am

mushiesmom wrote:Well its painfully obvious that not everyone got that message. Apparently some people are just antagonistic and always need to be right and get the last word in. JMO

If this post was for me, you are correct, I didn't get any message about ignoring Dan. And though, from observing his response, I certainly could make quite a few points I choose not to...it's clear to me where I'm not going to find any help.

Insofar as getting the last word in...it's also clear who is intent on that and I'd be more than happy to address his points however it's pretty useless when they are just designed to detract from the issue..there's a pretty strong pattern in his postings..

But thanks for your opinion.

mushiesmom

Postby mushiesmom » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:07 am

The post was directed towards both Dan and Bob and I do recall them being asked by Linda to ignore each other. Apparently since Bob had to ask for clarification her point was not clear.

There are ways to get your point across without being antagonistic and attacking. When certain people disagree, instead of trying to see the other persons side, it turns into a fight. Instead of working together, the members of the forum are subjected to nonsense back and forth banter. And we wonder why the system is the way it is? Even people that are supposed to be on the same side cannot agree.

Maybe if everyone left their PERSONAL feelings out of this and stuck to just facts, things would get accomplished. All anyone has to do is look back over past posts to figure out that Bob has personal issues with both myself and Dan. But it is slowly becoming apparent that perhaps Bob has issues with anyone that does not agree with him and his proposed legislation. Which I might add does nothing to help people in crisis currently. Offering people a variety of solutions is far better.

Almost everyone here has a sad story as to what happened to them or they would not be here. And we all know each case different. What works for one may not work for another. But its up to the idividual seeking advice to decide that for themselves. Its not about who is right and who is wrong but more about working together to fix a system that is horribly broken.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:27 am

Speaking of antagonism and attacks, I had assumed we buried the hatchet a while back Krista but judging from your recent posts, I guess I was mistaken (at least with your role). I will send you a PM when I get a chance as, unlike you, I don't care to discuss anything of this nature with you online.

Dan Sullivan

Postby Dan Sullivan » Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:05 pm

Mistchf wrote:
mushiesmom wrote:Well its painfully obvious that not everyone got that message. Apparently some people are just antagonistic and always need to be right and get the last word in. JMO

If this post was for me, you are correct, I didn't get any message about ignoring Dan.

The message wasn't for you.

Mistchf wrote: And though, from observing his response, I certainly could make quite a few points I choose not to...it's clear to me where I'm not going to find any help.

Yeah, I only made 17 out of the 45 posts on your thread about getting your records WITHOUT filing suit.

Mistchf wrote: Insofar as getting the last word in...it's also clear who is intent on that and I'd be more than happy to address his points however it's pretty useless when they are just designed to detract from the issue..there's a pretty strong pattern in his postings..

But thanks for your opinion.

Detract from which issue?

And the pattern in my more than a dozen posts to you was to offer you an alternative to your question in the first message in the thread which was "Is there anyone that knows of a site that gives examples of filing suit to obtain the records that I'm entitled to?"

And you ended the thread with the claim that filing suit was "Worth a try.. "

So what are you complaining about?

You're back where you started and you think it's my responsibility to help you get your records?

Stick with what you've already decided and wait it out.

It's only a matter of time.

mushiesmom

Postby mushiesmom » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:42 pm

Bob there is no need to pm me about anything. Whatever you need to say to me can be said here. Unless of course you don't want others to know what you have to say to me. You have your opinions and I have mine, and obviously they differ. I have no problem clarifing my position on any matter.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:56 pm

The difference Krista is my problem with Dan is not personal, it's the same class of problem I have with CPS. My problem with you is personal and not for public discussion (on my part). Anyway, I sent you the PM, read it or chuck it, your choice.

Mistchf

Postby Mistchf » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:12 am

[quote="Dan Sullivan"]
FYI I don't follow every post, conversation and case on FightCPS.

Clearly....your posts AND responses show clearly what you follow..

Return to “Round Table”