Anyone knowledgable on DNA testing?

A place to discuss the many medical issues that may come up during the course of a CPS case.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

jackiew75

Anyone knowledgable on DNA testing?

Postby jackiew75 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:39 pm

Looking for any information on DNA testing of sperm...

Marina

Postby Marina » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:37 pm

I just saw on the Virginia family court site that there is a form for motion for genetic testing.

What exactly do you need to know about testing?

Scientific, laboratory, legal ?

What have you looked for on the internet?

jackiew75

Postby jackiew75 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:18 pm

I have to learn as much as I can in all three areas. They are doing DNA testing on sperm that they found in my daughters urine. Two non-motile sperm to be specific. Initially they tell me that it is "A" because of the related behaviors. A week later, they come in and tell me that "A" is not old enough at 10.5 years and tells me it is my husband.

Four weeks ago the police told me that the profiles came back inconclusive, today they told me that they are not back yet. I know that it is a big game, but I dont understand what they are going to try my husband with if it is inconclusive. So now they are on to testing sex toys that they took from our home and trying to link those to the abuse of our daughter. Unbelievable..... I have read everything I can find online in regards to the testing. I may as well go to college after this and be an attorney and forensic crime lab technician. I think I may have done more research than these folks in school!

I guess the most disgusting part is that it has taken the lab 7 MONTHS to read the samples. So much for Bush giving MILLIONS of dollars to Oregon's crime lab to cut down on wait times. This is a bogus industry.... a child stealing, family ruining, money making scheme.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:43 pm

Find out what Lab is doing the testing and make sure they are certified by the gov, then call the lab and find out what percentage of tests are inconclusive, what "non-motile" sperm are (their definition not cps's), basically quiz them.

The lab will be honest with you because they don't want to be brought into a lawsuit and sued over lies made by a caseworker.
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

jackiew75

Postby jackiew75 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:25 am

The detective wont tell me the lab except to say it in Portland. I never thought of that though... I will work on it and see if they will give me that information.

Return to “Medical Issues”