Need THOUGHTS AND INPUT!!!!!!!!!!

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

justina78

Need THOUGHTS AND INPUT!!!!!!!!!!

Postby justina78 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:30 am

The father of my children was court ordered to take a polygraph test. He got a letter in the mail telling him they want him to take the test all the way in stockton which is about 7 hours away from where we live and saying that they will provide a driver transportation and a motel room. Should we trust this? What does this mean? If he fails this test does that mean that they are going to arrest him right then and there.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:47 am

Polygraph tests are bogus and he should appeal the court order on the basis of that fact and the fact that this is also a violation of his 5th Amendment protected right subjecting him to self-incrimination.
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. Edward R. Murrow

rlfroo

Postby rlfroo » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:59 am

Please educate me. Has there been a problem in the past with false positives on these tests? I thought if you tell the truth, it shows that. I was kind of shocked when I saw someone post a web page that tells you how to beat these tests. Should someone who is innocent worry about a false positive? I thought these tests were accurate. Have I been misinformed? I have always thought if you are innocent there is nothing to worry about. But from what I am seeing here that is not the case. PLease educate me further on this. Thxs.

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:48 am

Polygraph tests are inaccurate and an attorney has advised never to take one. I don't have all the scientific details on this but yes, they can be beaten and they can show false results. You may want to do a Google search to get information on scientific papers regarding these tests. You can also contact Paul Stuckle, an attorney in Texas for any information he may have regarding these tests. I believe he's the one who advised never to agree to take one but I don't remember for sure. Of course, he can gamble, not challenge the court order, take one and hope it comes out fine, but there is no guarantee it will work out, even if he is genuinely innocent. And the problem is that if he takes one and it doesn't work out in his favor, he didn't challenge the order in the first place so he accepts the test as truth.

As you can see for yourself that based the existence of this website and many others like it, innocence means nothing to these fraudulent courts and the "justice" industry (yes, that's what it is, a highly profitable industry). Despite the deception that they spew, reality in their eyes is that you're guilty until proven innocent and they try their damnedest to make sure you can't prove your innocence unless you're very wealthy and can afford to pay for your innocence.
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. Edward R. Murrow

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:00 am

It was on 20/20 not a long ago about these Tests and they showed how easy it was to manipulate the tests and how you can get false positives.

They say sweating can set it off. Being Nervous can set it off. Breathing can. Pills can. Seizure Patients can. All that can attribute to a false positives.

It is scary, even though if we are innocent, and we get nervous and it would show us Guilty.

You can google on 20/20 and find out if the Documentary still exists, if not you can google on Scientific tests - Pros and Cons of a Poloygraph Test. You can find out the real Answers at the tip of your finger mouse. LOL (just kidding) :lol:
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

FINN

Postby FINN » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:11 am

If there is time you might want to have one done on your own. There is supposed to be an orientation before that actual test and all questions should be reviewed prior. The most be a reason that polygraphs are not admissible in court. At least in my state.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:27 am

When polygraph test are NOT admissable in court, I find it strange a judge would court order someone to take one :?

After looking further......

Did your boyfriend agree in court to take one?

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/a ... court.html

This link is for Ca. criminal law but states:

States like California, Arizona, Nevada, Georgia, and Florida allow the tests if everyone agrees to them, but may put different emphasis on the tests accuracy.

I'm thinking they must have put him on the spot and asked him if he would take one and he agreed to it...????
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

justina78

Polygraph

Postby justina78 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:33 am

No he didnt agree to it in fact both his lawyer and my lawyer objected to it.

florida999

Postby florida999 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:08 am

I thought that they could not force anyone to take a polygraph, they arnt admissible anyway.

Marina

Postby Marina » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:35 pm

Are you sure it is actually a polygraph, or is it a psychosexual evaluation, using an electonic device?

If it is, a California court last June ruled against these. I am wondering if the test is being done far away in order to go out of the jurisdiction of the court ruling. It sounds a little suspicious to go that far for a polygraph. However, these electronic devices are not that plentiful, so that would explain the need to travel.

The psychosexual devices and programs are not supposed to be used for forensics, but for treatment. However, they try to use them anyway for that purpose of convicting someone.

jackiew75

Postby jackiew75 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:21 am

Stay far away!

Polygraphs can be used as evidence is family court but not in criminal court unless both parties agree.

You name it, it can affect the results. The other problem with these tests is easy..... Not only are the results read by machine, they are also read by man (or woman).... Thats like saying that humans dont make mistakes.

The CIA is no longer using these for hiring purposes because of the lack of scientific proof of the reliability.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:20 am

[quote="jackiew75"]

Polygraphs can be used as evidence is family court but not in criminal court unless both parties agree.

Do you have this fact as I am also curious if that is indeed admissable in Family Courts?
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

jackiew75

Postby jackiew75 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:03 am

I know from conversations with the attorneys.

In Family court, hearsey is accepted right? All the police and DHS did in Oregon to start the ball rolling is state that my husband failed the polygraph. Because of this comment, well, who doesn't know that he failed? It even states it in the petition when they removed the kids.

justina78

polygraph in family court

Postby justina78 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:35 am

polygraph in family court is acceptable as long as it is used for custory matters in teh state of california but that is it.

jackiew75

Postby jackiew75 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:28 am

I could be mistaken but I think that NM is the only state that allows polygraphs admissible as evidence during a criminal trial. The other 49 dont unless both parties agree.

As far as I can see, anything fly's in Family Court.... it's an unconstitutional court as far as I am concerned. Hearsey, polygraph, telephonic testimony, etc. No rules for the liars beating healthy, happy and safe families in the family court system! Pretty much means that you can not fight in regards to your Amendment rights.

goodad..... Motion for limine did not work. Another failure but we will continue to try and fight fire with explosives! :twisted: Note... this is meant figuratively!

Return to “Round Table”