Hello

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

iltj_1991

Hello

Postby iltj_1991 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:27 am

My name's Summer,I'm 15,and I'm in foster care,where CPS put me around the end of June 06.It took until September for them to start the trial with my mom who's being accused of emotional neglect.The trial ended around a month ago and the judge still hasn't made a decision.My county worker(who I think is evil) has basically had me on lockdown since the middle of august.I used to go to a really good school (fourth in the country) but being put in foster care took me out of the district so now I'm in a crappy school.If I don't get to go home (since my mom did NOTHING) before the end of the school year,I won't be readmitted to my old school,which pretty much eliminates any chance I have of getting a scholarship for college,which I need because my family isn't very well-off.
So,basically,CPS has ruined my life.I can't concentrate in school so my grades have dropped,and I haven't seen any of my friends in months.
I guess I'm just stuck waiting.
Anyone have advice?

iltj_1991

Also

Postby iltj_1991 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:46 am

I thought I'd add that my foster mom has been getting progressively angrier towards me for no reason,and I've been doing as much as I possibly can to please her but I still get punished for no reason.I don't complain to anyone at the foster care agency because I don't want to be moved,these foster parents are moving soon into a house in my old school district,so I have to put up with it if I want a chance at school again.
I'm not even allowed to talk to my mom on the phone,and no one will tell me why,which is especially frustrating when my foster sister is allowed to talk to her mom every day.
How come CPS is allowed to do all this?My mom wouldn't and COULDNT do anything to me over the phone,it makes no sense.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:05 am

I know that you have went through so much change. I cannot imagine how many Children went through the wringer same as you. It must have felt so lonely where you are.

You need to read up this Site here to know about your Rights. Just remember there are still Children Rights that you can still use. You can type up "Children Rights" on the Internet and you will see that you have a Right to do things. Did you get a visit from CASA Worker ordered by the Judge? You need to tell the CASA worker of your wishes and what is going on between your Mother and yourself and tell her that you were not able to contact over the phone or whatever.

Sometimes, in certain times, The Children has their own Lawyer. Do you have a Lawyer? You could try and call Legal Aid and ask Questions. Legal Aid will help Children more they do with Adults. Find Legal Aid in your State, and call them to find out what your Chances are.

Remember also, that Emotional Neglect Case is one of the MOST HARDEST Case to prove. It is hard with no evidence. It all goes and depend on your Statement with CPS Worker alone. Often times, CPS worker would take your words and twist and lie to the Judge. That is why you need a Lawyer to tell him or her that's not the case and they are lying. Just hang in there. You will be out not before too long and be back with your Mother.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Marina

Postby Marina » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:10 pm

Hi,

Welcome.

I can't ever remember seeing anyone post on this site who is currently in foster care.

I am sure others would be interested to know how it came about that you are allowed to get on this website if you are on lockdown,

and how you found this website.

Also, do you know of any other forums where foster children post messages?

If you posted your real name, did you consider that this may cause problems?

We wish you well.

It is good for you to talk about your problems in a support group like this, where others have similar problems. Are you allowed to keep a journal about your experiences, or can you keep records of what is happening, perhaps by emailing them to someone? Can you email some of your former classmates or neighbors, and communicate with your family that way?

Having records and telling your side of the story may help your case. Do you have a GAL, CASA, or counselor who cares about how you feel? Can they help you?

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:54 pm

Anyone can access to a Computer, even at Schools, Libraries, Friends', Government Facilities, sometimes at the Courthouse (Law Libraries Office). Even Hospitals have one, if accessed like those of Pay Phones. Universities/Colleges have one in the Hall ways, even in the Library.

Accessing to the Library or to a Friend's laptop would be fairly easy. Anyhow, you need all the help as you can get. It is a shame when some one would hold you hostage and your voice gets silenced. It is not right. Even Children has Rights. I hope you are able to get on this site once more that some one did not take your priviledge away just because you came on to seek help to get back to your Mother. Seeking to get back to your Mother is just natural and no one can take that away that Bond. That bond alone is real and you deserve that Love of your Mother and you love your Mother. That is where you belong.

We are here to listen and lend support. You can PM to any Members on this Board of any questions you may have. This Site offers many, many resources including the procedure of the Courts and How to's.

Good Luck to your Future, keep strong and Fight for what's right, which is Family united, not apart.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

jackiew75

Postby jackiew75 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:06 pm

I agree with Marina... If you used your real name, I might consider editing the post. I would hate to see someone in your position getting in trouble for venting.

I hope for your sake, the judge hands down his ruling so that you have an idea of whats ahead for you. I can only imagine how it must feel to be so unaware of what your future holds.

Just know that I am sure that your Mom thinks of you every moment of everyday. I will pray for you that things turn around and that you will be reunited with your family soon.

iltj_1991

thanks

Postby iltj_1991 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:35 am

I can't really keep a journal or anything since my foster mom goes through my room almost every day(i put tape on the drawers and things so i could tell),and I have a 'law guardian',though I'm not really sure what that means,but he represents me in court and I've talked to him a couple times,twice at his office where my foster parents had to bring me and a few times on the phone.All the people at my foster care agency have been telling me there's really nothing else to be done since the trial is over.
I never made a statement to the CPS worker,the only times I've ever even met her is when she picked me up after I ran away one time,and at a six-month progress meeting thing a week ago.I'm pretty sure she isn't trying too hard to help me though,since she's the one who ordered me not being able to go anywhere.
I do have a counselor,but I was basically forced to go there,as my CPS worker thinks I have 'suicidal tendencies',and my counselor has no real power with anything going on,she talked to my CPS worker but was completely ignored.
Did I miss any questions?

Bob_Lynn

Postby Bob_Lynn » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:39 am

I'm so sorry to hear about your victimization. You can create a journal on the PC. What you can do is create an e-mail address through Yahoo or any other free service and write your journal into an e-mail draft that you just keep without sending. Try to write as much accurate information as you can. When you turn 18, you will have a complete description of what happened to you and you can use it as evidence to sue these criminals with. No one can get to your e-mail without knowing the ID you use and the password so it should be safe.
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. Edward R. Murrow

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:13 pm

No CASA Worker either? You never met her or never talked to a CPS Worker at all?

How did you get an Emotional Neglect with your Mother if you never spoke with a CPS Worker or never gave her the Statement? :shock:

There are too many holes in your Case and you weren't given the Right to speak. You were silenced.

Did you call Legal Aid and find out what you can do and how to get your own Lawyer?

Counsellor? thinks you have sucidical thoughts? All of them do. They just want to pass the buck (money) to each other.

Do you have any Support System like Friends? Cousins? Teachers? Anyone? You need to talk to them on how you feel and how you can speak out. Your Friends can relay the message for you, and keep the Journal for YOU. That would be a good idea. You need to talk to some one so you can feel better because Isolation in Foster Care is no fun. And Foster Parents constantly looking over you and checking you is no fun either.

We are all here for you, and you can PM us at any time. We can be your Support System. Keep Strong and chin up, you will get back to your Mother. I know she Loves you very much. You have that such Bond. It never goes away.

Hang in there. One Day at a Time.

iltj_1991

*sigh*

Postby iltj_1991 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:14 am

I just found out that the judge made a decision like 2 weeks ago,and of course,no one told me.I called my mom from school and she told me the judge says she is guilty of emotional neglect and they're having some sort of court appearance this afternoon to decide...I don't really know,I guess what she has to do until I can come home.I called my Kidspeace(foster agency) caseworker and said I just wanted to know if anything had been decided,and she told me that no decision had been made.
There has to be some rule against that,doesn't there?
The trial's about where I'M going to live,why isn't anyone telling me anything?

Frustrated

Re: *sigh*

Postby Frustrated » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:30 am

iltj_1991 wrote:I just found out that the judge made a decision like 2 weeks ago,and of course,no one told me.I called my mom from school and she told me the judge says she is guilty of emotional neglect and they're having some sort of court appearance this afternoon to decide...I don't really know,I guess what she has to do until I can come home.I called my Kidspeace(foster agency) caseworker and said I just wanted to know if anything had been decided,and she told me that no decision had been made.
There has to be some rule against that,doesn't there?
The trial's about where I'M going to live,why isn't anyone telling me anything?

Welcome Back
I am surprised that the Judge found her guilty of Emotional Neglect. Because Emotional Neglect Case is the most difficult to PROVE. The most hardest Case to prove. Obviously they had some proof to back these up. Since you never told the Caseworkers anything, maybe these Caseworkers made it up to make the Judge actually believe it.

I don't know what you can do. But there is an Administrative Review Appeals that Parents can actually appeal. I don't know if the Children can be involved in Appeals. I am curious about that though. Maybe Marina can shed some light into these Appeals process and if Children can actually get involved in that process. Remember that CPS Manual requires that over the Age 12 and up to sign any release or any forms...Did you sign anything? They require Age 12 and up for them to sign for Counselling Sessions. Did you sign for any Counselling Sessions? It is required to have your Signature because you are 15. I believe, not sure, Age 16 to 18 have the Right to void anything.

I would suggest for you to try and read the CPS Manual in your State:

Just google, CPS manual + your State...and maybe there is something in there, some kind of rules that you can use against them.
I am sure there are something in there about Children's Rights and what they can do.

Remember when you are 18, you are free to go and choose your Life and where to go. These people can't tell you what to do, because you had become an Adult. You have the Right to make Decisions. Everyone can make mistakes, and it is part of Life process of Learning.

iltj_1991

?

Postby iltj_1991 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:03 am

Is there anything else my mom can do besides follow the court menu they give her that would get me home sometime this year?

Frustrated

Re: ?

Postby Frustrated » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:41 am

iltj_1991 wrote:Is there anything else my mom can do besides follow the court menu they give her that would get me home sometime this year?

Does she have a Service Plan that she has to complete like Counselling or Parenting Classes, or other treatment Plan that she has to complete before you can return home?

Most Parents here had completed all of the Services but CPS would lie saying that they didn't finish or didn't complete them.

Does she still have Parental Rights or are her Parental Termination Rights threatened and brought before the Court?

If not yet, there are process that she still have to do before you can go home.

What your Mom needs to bring up is "Renuification Plan", that word means a Process to do all the Services agreed to complete in order to have the Child back home. She need documented proof that she completed all the Services so CPS cannot make up lies along the way and tells the Judge that Mom never completed this or that....etc...etc...

She needs to do all that, and needs to have a Hearing soon to discuss whether you can go home or not.
She needs a good Lawyer to help her out with the Mess she is in.

It is not Easy as CPS are relentless and they make sure Parents fail. They always make sure of it, every time. Their goals to keep Kids in Foster Care because it makes the most Fund Money for the State and for the Organization itself.

Your Mom needs to know her Rights, her Parental Rights and if she still have Custodial Rights, Legal Rights, etc...etc...

The Service Plan itself really sucks because it enables all the Parents to jump through hoops and never will get the end of the hole to get to the point finish because CPS makes sure Parents fail in this circumstances. It almost feel like it seems like all for Eternity. That is what it really is.

iltj_1991

Postby iltj_1991 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:36 am

She's getting the service plan thing today,I'll find out what she has to do on my visit tomorrow...the foster agency I'm with has had a reunification plan for a while now and it changes everytime there's a court date or the county worker gets involved.

Frustrated

Re: ...

Postby Frustrated » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:33 am

iltj_1991 wrote:She's getting the service plan thing today,I'll find out what she has to do on my visit tomorrow...the foster agency I'm with has had a reunification plan for a while now and it changes everytime there's a court date or the county worker gets involved.

That is a good Start. Be sure that she document everything and keep proof of completion so the Worker can't say that she didn't finish or didn't complete them. Get a Letter from Counsellor saying she has completed the Service Plan to the fullest extent.
She can always attach her Completion of the Services to the Declaration of Facts Sheet to present to the Court and the Judge.

The Service Plan however does indeed make the Parent jump hoops and it seems like forever without end in sight. That is why it is paramount importance that she gets the proof of completion.

iltj_1991

Bye

Postby iltj_1991 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:18 am

Well,thanks everyone for all your help.My foster parents are moving out of the school district,and I'm going to be in the worst school in the city next week.I doubt I'll have internet access.
Summer

iltj_1991

Update!

Postby iltj_1991 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:03 pm

Hey,I just thought I'd tell everyone I'm home now,thanks everyone for all your help!!

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:08 pm

You are home with your Mother?

If that is the case then CONGRATULATIONS!

Marina

Postby Marina » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:08 pm

Yea !!!!

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”