Update?!

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

katgotsteve

Update?!

Postby katgotsteve » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:55 pm

i went to court today, it was really wierd. our cps worker actually stepped forward and stood up for us, but the judge would not budge. she is giving them their year to finish all the counseling and other things. we have been ordered to have family counseling, which was my idea because this is really tearing all of us up, my daughter is suppose to be receive individual counseling, which i have started in dec for anger issue and depression, so i didnt need a court order for that, and my husband is to take some individual counseling pending a determination that the records can remain sealed and confidential and that nothing said in counseling can be used against him. sounds kinda fishy to me, but we get to be around each other at church and at counseling which takes place in my home. so we made a baby step, i guess. i was really floored by the cps worker, she stepped forward and told the judge and her attorney that we are good loving parents who took in a sick child and tried to love her and in her mind she has created a fantasy of a sexual relationship with my husband. our home has no dangers and is very clean. we are supportive parents and that i am a fighter for my children. i do not back down and i am a very good mother and my husband is a very patient caring man who loves all his children dearly. he is a strict disciplinary, but a gentle loving father who know each child has limits. i was really floored. the judge is the one who ordered the counceling which we were already doing anyhow becuase of my request and it is pending about the sexual offender therapy based on if records can be kept sealed. it is not like my husband will admit to it, but they want to be on the safe side because sometimes men will admit to it just to get people off thier backs, words of the judge not me. if they will not keep records sealed, she will resend order for it and just let family counseling be our means of counseling...i think this was a win in my book, but i am not sure...i am really confused by comments made by dfacs and we did not have to testify. sooooooooo what do yall think? was it a step in the right direction or am i being jerked around?

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:52 pm

It is all Drama. CPS goes up and try to look "innocent" while at the same time, trying to win your hearts by silencing you.
Did you know that sometimes they meet behind closed doors even before the Judge goes on the bench? Did you know that CPS and CPS Lawyer ARE CAPABLE of talking to the Judge during mediaton stage? Did you know they usually chat behind the doors including coffee shops? They do talk before the Judge goes on the bench. I have seen them talk and chat about cases. It would be weird if they are just chatting over nothing. :roll:

Yes, they are jerking you around. It is all about mental game they are playing and the thing is...it is effective. They got what they wanted, which is for you to take Services. Court Ordered.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:34 pm

What the cps worker said on the record now stands as "case fact"

It would be hard for this worker to come back, in front of the same judge and say she was wrong about everything she said..

I highly doubt they are jerking you around. :wink:

They wouldn't have said anything positive about you or your husband nor would they have stated they believe the girl "created a fantasy in her mind"........

Did you draft a plan for what you wanted as far as services?
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:38 am

no draft, i just told my attorney, but the judge came up with the solution and was then told by dfacs that we were already doing that. dfacs also stated that this whole situation was taking a toll on our daughter and our other niece. she stated that our daughter was a happy healthy child before this who was thriving even with her special needs and now she is depressed and angry and often cries at the drop of hat even in school. she stated that she feels this case is doing more harm than good. our niece has been take by her agency in the past and had thrived during the 4 years with us and that after being taken again she has regressed to an insecure child again, but was working to being secure again. she feels that having my husband home would help that. sooooooooo. it is just up to the judge to feel like she can allow him home. we had the school counselor there to back up how my daughter has changed.
you know what is funny is that they cant find anything wrong with us, no matter who they talk to or what they try to do. so they dont know what to do with us, i have had to come up with things to do just so it looks like we are doing something. do any of yall know about sexual offender therapy? i have been told that if a client doesnt admit he did anything, then the therapy can not be done.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:10 am

No draft, no proof. They could come back saying you didn't complete them. :roll:

Yes, it can be done, and the Therapist can say you can go home, the service isn't necessary. That's what I am told before for Counselling and she told me I can go home and it's done.

I wouldn't trust these people as they are capable of pulling all kinds of trick. She may come back but in front of a different judge, who knows? It happens often when I see in the Court room. They all come back with a totally different kind of recommendations, even with different new allegations/new case.

Or they will leave you alone for good. That would be good! It is the draw of the straw. :D
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:52 am

sooooooooo. it is just up to the judge to feel like she can allow him home.

In my opinion, The judge is overstepping her bounds here... Normaly, a judge just hears the evidence and gives a ruling based on the evidence and the law.

If you satisfy the requirements of the petitioner(cps) the judge should be satisfied also, they were the ones who brought the case.

Once a settlement is reached and cps feels he can move home and the judge doesn't allow it, the role of the judge has become prosecutor, she isn't a neutral party anymore..

When a prosecutor makes the decision to try a case, drop it, plea bargain or drop it, the judge has no say in it.. It is the sole discretion of the prosecutor..

Criminal and family courts act different, but the role of the judge stays the same..

I'd talk to your lawyer about filing an Appeal.

do any of yall know about sexual offender therapy? i have been told that if a client doesnt admit he did anything, then the therapy can not be done.

If you have high speed internet watch this video:

http://streamingvideo.accused.com/wmv/A ... alance.wmv

There are a lot of pitfalls involved in sex offender therapy..

My advice is my opinion and not legal advice

A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:24 am

well in all honesty, dfacs did not want to remove my children when the allegation surfaced. it was this same judge that removed them then even though he offered to move out, so the children would not have to tormented by leaving the home.
here is an article my cousin found, she is upset about this situation, sometimes i think more than me. the only joy i have is i have the kids and i get to interact with them, i hate seeing them so insecure and untrusting. of not know if they can even touch my husband, my daughter wanted to know if she would get in trouble for hugging him, would dfacs write it down and use it against him? i almost cried....i try to control my emotions with the kids.

http://www.ipt-forensics.com/journal/volume3/j3_1_2.htm

to me ths seems like a unbiased evaluations, but as a person who might be facing this therapy, i just think athe therapy is over thought out. basically if you take this therapy, you are guilty. the boast of a 53% rate of the offender not reoffending, couldnt that be thought that the 53% could have been innocent and just the victim to cps and juvenile justice. i would like to know the percentage of actually convicted perps that did not reoffend, not the men or women who were forced into by a corrupt system.

Return to “CPS Investigations”