What is a permanency planning team staffing meeting?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Diando

What is a permanency planning team staffing meeting?

Postby Diando » Tue May 01, 2007 2:14 pm

Please help! This is scheduled for May 9th, what does it mean?

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Tue May 01, 2007 2:49 pm

basically it means they are going to sit down with family, if i am not mistaken you can have multiple family members for this meeting, and tell you what they found, what they recommend for a case plan, what someone did wrong, if they have any family willing to take the children in...etc.

these meeting also give the family a forum to voice opinions. i am having one in a few weeks and am inviting quite a few people. all you have to stand firm. i would be there, each state handles it different and you can ask alot of questions.

Diando

what is a permanancy placement staff hearing

Postby Diando » Wed May 02, 2007 4:54 am

Ok, but it is out of CPS' hands. Everything is up to the judge. The case worker that they have listed in the letter was removed from the case on March 12th. So, I'm not sure I understand. Also, the parents have not received the letter. Shouldn't they be there too?

I don't trust them and part of me thinks this is just another ploy to obtain information and then turn it around into more lies. They have already been caught 2x. We have it in writing where they are claiming that they have seen things that they made up. The case worker stated she saw things which were not true and then in court tesified that she didn't really see anything.

So you think I should go. My Son-in-law says no, not to go, it is just a scare tactic. I'm so confused. Thank you for your reply.

thiasmommy

permanancy

Postby thiasmommy » Wed May 02, 2007 7:00 am

Hi,

Basically it is a meeting where they are going to close your case and leave the children where they are or with another family member.

They probably don't think that the parents are doing what they are supposed to be doing. They did this to me.

I later hired a private attorney re-opened the case and got my kids back.

If you have any questions pm me.

God Bless
Dennise

Return to “CPS Investigations”