New here

Newcomers, please post something to let us know who you are and if you have an open case, you can post about it here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Thu May 03, 2007 3:06 am

if he did that and they use him, they will probably send you for a second opinion of one who will agree with them. then, quit using this guy. this has happened to me three times already, i have yet to complete any counseling. they just keep dragging feet, my situation is different, my husband is out of house and i have my kids. i am the one who needs counseling for failure to supervise becuase i left my husband caring for girls while i worked.
needless to say, they will do one thing or another. hang in there and good luck, maybe you can get them to do things correctly, i have had to jump up and down, scream, cuss and act sweet to get as far as i have today.

royal_alez

Postby royal_alez » Sun May 06, 2007 8:20 pm

I went into their office on Friday.. and what do you know they have changed case workers on me again. They said they think the letter that guy wrote might be ok but she has to check with her supervisor..
And to top it off she has to go into training for 3 weeks to get trained on what she is suppose to be doing! I wish it was like that with jobs I have worked.. Not have any experince and they give me a case and then I can go get trained to do that case. This is totally BS. I did what was required and now I am getting the run around again this is the 5th case worker!
*sighs* Sorry just venting. As yelling at CPS / DSS wont do me any good.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon May 07, 2007 7:58 am

royal_alez wrote:I went into their office on Friday.. and what do you know they have changed case workers on me again. They said they think the letter that guy wrote might be ok but she has to check with her supervisor..
And to top it off she has to go into training for 3 weeks to get trained on what she is suppose to be doing! I wish it was like that with jobs I have worked.. Not have any experince and they give me a case and then I can go get trained to do that case. This is totally BS. I did what was required and now I am getting the run around again this is the 5th case worker!
*sighs* Sorry just venting. As yelling at CPS / DSS wont do me any good.

This just proves that we have underqualified, undereducated, incomptent Workers working on the jobs neglectfully. The ones that are not even trained are more risky to most children because mistakes can come along and that mistake can cause a removal of children unnecessarily. It is injustice on all children. It s unfair to all Children because of errors/mistakes alone.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

royal_alez

Postby royal_alez » Mon May 07, 2007 12:54 pm

The thing that I dont understand is the previous case worker's supervisor was there and I knew he reviewed the case. As he stated if I went to anger management than I would be done. I could have my children. But yet he kept saying that he didnt know the time frame. I am so tired of DSS / CPS its not even funny anymore.
They need to change the way they do things there. Changing case workers so many times.. closing the case on March 6th with my girls still in SC and then reopening it.. With the case being closed I should of just went and got my daughters.. what would of been the worst thing they could of done to me? With the case being closed.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon May 07, 2007 7:46 pm

Tell them one word and it is extortion.

It is offencable and it is a crime to extort or threaten a person and it is a violation and the person who does extortion can be charged according to Criminal Code. It is a crime.

But since they are holding your Kids hostage, you would have to do everything possible to get your kids back. I know it sucks big time, but that seems to be the only way "how" right now, unless if you had a really good powerful Lawyer to fight CPS.

Many Families experience extortion many times, so you are not the only one.

I was threatened that If I don't do counselling, they would commit my son to a Mental Insitution in Ottawa.

Just like any Hostage situations, it is a way to pay up with Services, and they will let go of your Child. (Maybe)

That's why it is important to document everything and hold them accountable for their actions. I know it ends badly if you don't pay up with the Services, they will hold your Kid hostage in their Care. The only way is to pay up and hope you get your Kid back. But you would need a Powerful Lawyer to make sure they are good on their words.

Do you have a Lawyer right now? I agree that there is a serious need of OVERHAUL TO REFORM CPS ALL THE WAY AROUND!!! I think Extortion should make it a crime for them to threaten Families this way. I think they should stop extorting. If that would be the case, the case will be stopped and you will get your Kid back through the Right Channels. Proper one at that. Not Extortion.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

royal_alez

:(

Postby royal_alez » Tue May 08, 2007 4:38 pm

Yet again.. I called and spoke w/ the case workers supervisor.. She said the letter was fine NOW I have to wait for my boyfriend to finish his anger management classes ( court ordered) CDV ... anyways he has 20 weeks left :(
My Criminal lawyer is opening up his own law firm and he told me he will take on my case free of charge as he knows what I am going thru.

*sighs* Just when I thought it was looking up.

Dannan

royal_alez

Postby royal_alez » Sat May 12, 2007 4:04 am

Now I need to Redo parenting classes...? I spoke w/ plenty of different ppl. Including NC DSS/ CPS. NC DSS refers me to any and all services SC thinks I might need. She knows there was never a signed safety plan.
She said that SC DSS / CPS is giving me the run around and she doesnt understand why they are doing so. They have my children. I have done the parenting classes / evaluation to see if i need anger management even when it wasnt in writing. ( Even when they didnt know what I would need is how NC DSS / CPS states it.)
Anyways my case worker that I have in NC ( who refers me to services only) said in her opinion I need a lawyer otherwise it will never end. As is there is still no safety plan. Nothing that I have signed. She also said anything ( any forms) I need to have faxed over to my lawyer she would do for me as SC CPS isnt helping me. Or even telling me in writing what needs to be done.
SC Denies that a safety plan was even in place. Although how the "relative " who has my daughters was told what services I needed to complete in order to get my daughters back is beyondme. If one was never in place. How the previous supervisor could tell me if you do anger management you can have your daughters back..
I wonder if that was only to waste time so they could transfer my case over to a NEW person who has to go to training this coming Monday..
Are they allowed to give cases to someone who hasnt even completed training??? Her name isnt even in the directory assistance where you spell the 1st 3 letters of there last name!!
Can they by law do this?

I cant wait for my day in court anything has to be faster than waiting 5 months or more to get my daughters back.

Dannan

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat May 12, 2007 9:56 am

They are wasting your time, they are dragging the case on and on...keeping your kids longer and make it harder for you to get your Kids back.

If you had COMPLETED Parenting classes and other stuff, get document proof of completion. Go in their office and request a letter that states that you had already done so. You don't have to REDO it over again. Thats ridiculous. If you had completed parenting classes without missing one class. And you passed. Get the document proof and photocopy the proof of completion and give to your CPS Worker. You have already done everything, what about them? Did they do what they are supposed to do? They are dragging and wasting time.

Get everything in writing from now on. Write a letter to CPS Worker and tell her that you had completed these classes on so and so dates, and you have documented proof of this. Attach the document proof in the letter.

Give all of these proof to your Lawyer for Court purposes. It helps to tell the Judge you have already done all the services required of you, and that CPS aren't doing anything to make reunification happen. Hold them accountable for postponing such thing. Write an affavadit for Court telling the Judge you had done everything but CPS are not meeting up to their standards. Attach all the proof to the Affavadits.

royal_alez

Postby royal_alez » Sat May 12, 2007 12:18 pm

They are saying the parenting class I took was for 1 - 4 year olds.. and my daughter whom I hurt is 7.. Although NC said it is the same as the other parenting class and that should of worked since the majority of my children are under 4. The same rules apply. The other parenting class would be 10 weeks. *sighs*
Another thing... NC said if my boyfriend was going to his anger management classes and not missing them.. Participating in class etc we shouldnt have to wait for him to be finished. As his is court ordered because of domestic violence. He is doing alot better in anger management classes. But the thing is its 26 weeks. I dont want to wait 26 weeks - now 18 weeks. Nothing was said before when they wanted to me to complete anger management that his had to be done as well.
I have a copy of the parenting certificates.. and even the copy of the fax that their own counselor sent to them. NC Will even send them to my lawyer as they have a copy as well.
We already caught SC lying they stated they had NC investigate my boyfriend. No one called or asked anything like that. We are just waiting for that to come in the mail. Anything and everything that NC DSS /CPS can to to help they will.
I cant wait for my lawyer to open his office in June.. It seems too long of a wait. My daughter Kayia will be 3 June 1st. :(

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat May 12, 2007 6:10 pm

Tell them, "Show me where it states that it is only for 1 to 4 yrs old". I bet you they will say "I don't have it with me or I don't have it." There are no such thing as specifically for 1 to 4 yrs old. Parenting is Parenting. It is for newborns to 12 yrs old. Parenting never gets old. It has been around for centuries. I never heard of Parenting that has offer only for 1 to 4 yrs old, unless that was for specialized parenting classes, which are made to be special and specific for younger toddlers.

They are blowing hot air, they know they have nothing to go on, they are scheming to keep the file case open. That's the only reason. By dragging it on and on, time lapse then by the time they get there, they will pull a fast trick, which are TPR. (TPR are between 9 months to 12 months). They will do anything to postpone to get to the point where there would be dependancy hearing and permanency hearing, then finally TPR.

Tell your Lawyer that she said it is only for 1 to 4 yrs old. Your Lawyer will make note of that and you already have parenting certificates, so Your Lawyer will be working with these fools to make sure they are not pulling a fast trick on you. You already had done Parenting classes, period. Your partner will finish Anger management and by the time it is done, there is not a damn thing they can do to put up more, unless they will say you have to take more services which they always do....postpone by making you take more services, jump hoops, make you wait forever..blah blah blah.

That is what is happening to me and my partner, same thing. She was wanting to talk to me and set up a meeting just BEFORE the court is just about finished!!! :roll: I know she is wanting to offer more services and making me sign more service plan which I will not do. I have already done counselling last year, done in Nov. My partner is almost finished with his anger management, just needs to do one or two more classes and he is done. His Case in Court will be done in June. The worker pull a fast trick wanting to nip this in the bud before the court is over with. So she can drag it on and on...more additonal 6 months. Yes, 6 MORE months of Services. That's the length of most Service Plan. Six Months.
Forget it, I am not going to allow her to waste my time, and surely not allowing her to interfere with my family. enough is enough.

royal_alez

Postby royal_alez » Tue May 15, 2007 6:54 pm

The parenting book did say for children 1 - 4. :( so now that time was wasted.. NC DSS says the other parenting class is going to go over the same material.. And that one they sent me to should of worked. Since the majority of my children are under 4. As of yesterday my case worker started training. She should finish around the same time that my lawyers office should open up.
I dont know if I should do the 10 weeks of parenting class.. as I have already done parenting classes. What do you think?

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue May 15, 2007 7:51 pm

Talk to your Lawyer and ask him to see what he thinks what you should do. Get his input.

royal_alez

Postby royal_alez » Fri May 18, 2007 4:15 pm

He said not to even bother w/ DSS / CPS since there still isnt a safety plan in place! I talked w/ the someone from the Governor's office and she said they had to send me a safety plan, she couldnt make them do anything else other than send that to me. Its been over a week since I talked to her on May 11th. And she said she would call them and make them send something out to me about the safety plan. But I havent heard anything.
I dont know if they plan on sending something out or not. I wish I would of just picked up my girls when SC closed the case on March 6, 2007. NC DSS / CPS said that SC couldnt of done anything to me. *sighs* except there Aunt wouldnt release them to me.

Dannan

Marina

Postby Marina » Fri May 18, 2007 7:32 pm

Good for you for calling the Governor's Office. Make sure you document this and get it in writing if you can.

royal_alez

Postby royal_alez » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:12 pm

On Thursday of last week my case worker's supervisor told me that I would have my girls back before the end of next week which is this week. I called SC DSS / CPS to see if they recieved the fax from NC DSS and they informed me they didnt check there fax yet.. AND that I would not be getting my girls back this week. That they cant give a time frame.. ALSO my case worker told me basically because my boyfriend was "rude" with her on the phone that she isnt going ot give them back to me - because I am a risk! And just because I want my children back doesnt mean that she is going to LOSE her JOB by giving them back to me!!!

MotherOf3

Postby MotherOf3 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:42 pm

demand everything in writing and have it notarized. Otherwise it just a fat lie to bring your hopes up then crash you down to the ground. If she says your gonna get your kids back this week tell her You want that in writing with her signature right there and then.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:31 pm

If she said she didn't get the fax, bring the document right into the Office and make her sign it "Received". with a date on it.

That's what I did. They can't say "oh it did not come in yet". It is just an excuse to keep your kids hostage from you.
I agree, get everything in writing. Either pyschically or registered certified letter mail. THis way they won't say "Oh's we didn't get it". stuff. lol that is pretty lame excuse. You know they got it alright, just don't want to release the kids to you.

royal_alez

Postby royal_alez » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:48 pm

I asked if I could get it in writing and she told me NO! Ms Porter came by the house to see if I had enough room.. Anyways they asked my boyfriends brother who has the girls IF he would MIND KEEPING my girls for 5 more months!!!

The supervisor said one thing and my case worker says another. I have asked numerous times for a copy of my file or to have it in writing and they wont do it. I even asked for a copy of my treatment plan and they said " I forgot to bring it".. or you dont have it already??

*sighs*

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:30 am

I heard that before "I forgot to bring it" or "do you have it?" that's lame excuse to prolong your case. THEY ARE PROLONGING YOUR CASE!

When she said NO! to get that in writing, then you know something is not right. Something's up. She wants your Kids somewhere else, just not in your care.

I would suggest you to get your Lawyer to do the talking with this Worker, it will get the ball rolling. It is IMPORTANT to have your lawyer involved with these cons.

To know a Con, is to be like one. Know them and work them over like they do to you. Be one step ahead of these fools. Think ahead like in the future, what their next step would be.

Of course Madam, the next step would be Court. They will be taking out Protection Order probablay in the next few days. Or something else in that matter. That's just my feeling in my gut. They are putting off the time in your Case because their intentions that they don't want you to get your Kids back.
Get a Lawyer to make them act straight. :wink:

Marina

Postby Marina » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:51 am

I bet if parents in such a situation picked up their children and took them home they would produce paperwork real quick.

Same for absent fathers. I bet if absent fathers that CPS can't find in order to collect child support from them picked up their child from school and took them home to another state that CPS would be able to find them real quick and arrest them.

And same for mothers who have to move because they can't get welfare benefits after the children are removed. If the mother moves in with anybody who will let her live there and doesn't have a phone, CPS says they can't find the mother. Yet I bet if she picked up the children from the back yard of the foster home they would find her real fast and throw her in jail.

royal_alez

Postby royal_alez » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:27 pm

Can you believe it? My case worker called me and told me THEY LOST my parenting certificates.. and the letter that was faxed to them that said I didnt need anger management classes. She also told the relatives that have my girls is that it could be 5 more months. They have already had my kids for 4 1/2 months. :(

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:41 am

Remember to keep the originals and keep then in your files. Never give them the originals or it will be lost. Photocopy everything you give to them and KEEP THE ORGINIALS in your files...very important. Now they are saying they lost yours. and saying this and that...TRYING TO POST PONE returning the kids back to you. They did so INTENTIONALLY.

Report all of this to your Lawyer ASAP and Your Lawyer will talk to them to find out what's going on?

I have a funny feeling 5 plus 4 1/2 equals 9 months, that's where they have TPR Hearings...or permanency hearing or disposition hearing...is around 6 months to 7 months. They always do everything upward to 9 months to 12 months...Foster Care brings money.

Does your Relatives that keeps your Children gets the money for caring them??? A portion of that money goes to CPS. For them placing them brings money to that Agency. Case on going, again brings money to them. If it stops, NO money.

royal_alez

Postby royal_alez » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:56 pm

They don't get any money at all..

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:39 pm

Now that's suspicious. Does CPS keep an ongoing case on you still? The funding goes to them, as long they keep the case open.
Even though the kids are voluntarily placed with Relatives, they don't need a court order or courts to get involved. That's why they are keeping you on their strings.

Time to cut the string loose. Because there are no court charges, no criminal courts, no court hearings, or anything, I think you can get your kids back because there are nothing in writing. Nothing. Just CPS saying this and that....which are nothing in writing. You still have legal and phyiscal custody of your children by your descriptions.
Because no service plan drawn up yet...

Ask your Lawyer if you can be able to pick up your Children physically at the relatives' home and ask him what action CPS might take, if you were to pick them up? Surely, they might try to apply for Protection Application with the Courts to prevent you do so.

Because there are NO plans, NO court orders, nothing...and yet they are leaving you hanging....and make you WAIT!

Talk to your Lawyer about "options" and what to do with it, what can be done...

If that was me, I would go and pick them up, because I don't like being played by these people. waiting for what? 9 more months, or 5 more months of waiting? or force their hands to have it heard in Court? Allow the Judge to hear this? Most likely the Judge will think this is a JOKE! Because they don't have anything right now, but SURELY THEY WILL BE THINKING OF SOMETHING ALONG THE WAY! Hurry up before they think up of new allegations to use against you to prevent you from having your kids back. Most likely, right now, they have nothing. They don't want to take you to Court because they know this case would not hold water...ya know what I mean? Force them into Court and make them accountable for their actions for falsely holding your kids hostage under false pretenses. They will be punished alright.

Be ready to have all the evidence for your Lawyer to fight them in Court, or....

If you would be willing to wait 5 more months in waiting, and that chance will be harder to get your kids back? The more you wait, the harder it will get. Because they are building up the case against you during those 5 months. If you stop them right then, they won't be able to build up against you if you start at day one. rather than 5 months. Most parents had hard time getting their kids back in 9 months window of timing. More easier to get kids back earlier than 4 months. because nothing is being started.

anxiousmom

Postby anxiousmom » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:07 pm

Was *anything* ever done in court in your case?

Does or did cps have tempoary managing conservatorship?

If the answer is "No" to all of the above, I'm with the others about perhaps you should just go GET YOUR children!!!

Do you have a previous coourt order/child custody papers stating you have custody & signed by a judge?

Why were the kids removed again?

Return to “Newcomers - Welcome to the site - please sign in here”