Why not just mess with one...

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

tnradmom

Why not just mess with one...

Postby tnradmom » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:56 pm

Well, we thought we had this one handled... In March we got a visit from another CPS worker. I didn't answer the door so he left his card. DH called to find out what he wanted and it was he needed to check on the welfare of his daughter based on the fact that she had gone to the hospital in April 2006.

We told him what had happened he said he was sure it was a false allegation he just needed to see A. So we did that with the approval of our attorney.

Now 3 months later they are demanding that we give them medical records and that we sign a release so they can get them from the hospital. We are waiting for the lawyer to call back but even his paralegal said this really sounds fishy.

She was not injured at all. She had been in therapy for over a year prior to the incident and is in therapy now. We did what we were suppose to do and neither the sheriffs office or the hospital ever brought up abuse or neglect when it happened.

We are pretty sure bio mom is the one that filed the allegation although we are being told that it was an anonymous call.

Obviously we need to talk to our attorney with the other case going too. We are pretty sure this is completely the bio mom trying to get both kids. And honestly if I thought they would be safe with her I would say more power to her. But they wouldn't be.

Anybody have any ideas on this?
What the Lord gives you, man can not take away.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:33 am

Just so that you know, do not sign any more release consent forms until you talked to your Lawyer and have your Lawyer talk to CPS Worker and find out what their intentions are.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

tnradmom

Postby tnradmom » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:24 am

We haven't signed any papers in this case. It was late in the evening when we got ahold of the lawyer and he said not to sign anything.

We are all of the suspicion that they are trying to remove A too just to do it.The caseworker with J's case believes that bio mom should have them despite that we have testimony from A of what happened while in bio mom's custody.

This is just a huge mess. I want to be able to raise my kids with DCS and CPS gone. I want to be able to meet the needs of my little one that needs therapy that we can't afford because of the court costs and other fees. I want to be the mom that my kids (all 6 of my kids) deserve. DCS/CPS and the court system is preventing it.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:17 pm

You stated:

This is just a huge mess. I want to be able to raise my kids with DCS and CPS gone. I want to be able to meet the needs of my little one that needs therapy that we can't afford because of the court costs and other fees. I want to be the mom that my kids (all 6 of my kids) deserve. DCS/CPS and the court system is preventing it.

That's the problem right there. they will have you on Medical Neglect. You need to find a way to get therapy for your child or else they will use this against you.

Do not tell of this information to your Worker, or else she will be happy to use this against you. Only advise with your Lawyer. You still have Medical and Parental RIGHTS. It is good that you did not sign anything, or else what they find will definetely use against you.

Is there a way you can get more money to support Therapy? is your husband or partner working extras? Loans? Welfare? Anything? Sell something? Find out if there are Medicaid Coverage to pay for your Child's therapy? Ask your Doctor. Do something about it before they can use this against you.

Or else, when this case is closed, move out elsewhere safe.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

tnradmom

Postby tnradmom » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:03 am

Right now the little one falls under early intervention. And he is on Medicaid. What is preventing the therapy is time. Court date here meet with worker there.... that stuff.

In J's case they stated that we were giving the little one too much attention and not addressing J's needs. We gave them proof that we had tried to get therapy and had statements stating he was too young for therapy to work. We also have proof that we were looking medically to find something wrong. Since he has gone into state custody that has been stopped.

With A... she is in therapy. 2 different types to be exact.

With the little one, he is a heart baby with sensory integration (I call him a baby, he's 2) He has appointments its getting him there and back.... It's the cost of gas. We are in the sticks literally... It's a 20 minute drive to speech therapy and an hour into the doctor. I have an expedition and the gas here is $3 a gallon.

DH works for the state and in that he is not allowed to moonlight. I can't work because we can't find an affordable daycare for the little one and the two places that have a night shift are not hiring.

But yeah... we aren't telling DCS everything. I have learned that lesson the hard way. They do know the little one is on SSI but that's it.

Anyhow..... CPS has not called back to "convince" us to sign the hippa release.... so, hopefully things will dissolve. (I know pipe dream)

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:15 am

Make sure you keep everything documented including medicaid files. and Medical Files. You are doing something about it, it is just other stuff is preventing you to do so such as transportation expenses. and so forth.

Often times, we have Travel Grants, and other Grants that can help low and middle-income families to pay for their medical costs. Ask your Doctor to see if there are any grants from the Government to help you financially.

Organization is the key, keep a journal and a calander or a date book handy and put down appointments one for court, one for Worker, and one for your kid's medical appointments. Keep things apart and not to fall on the same days. Negiotate with the Worker to have appointment on other days. Negiotate with Medical Doctors or Therapists with appointments to make it convienent for you while you have Court days. If you can balance the month out, and you can still meet the needs of your child.

Most important is to keep paper work document as evidence that you are doing something about it but waiting for it to happen.

kdddav'swife

Postby kdddav'swife » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:22 pm

I know what you mean about the gas. My ten year old is autistic and I drive her to therapy three times a week to a place that is 35 minutes away. Thank God we now have a pediatrician in this small town that is wonderfull and only a fifteen minute ride away.
"They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a lot of really smart guys. It has worked well for over two hundred years and we're not using it anymore." George Carlin.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:25 pm

If you have gone through the school system with your sons speech, and he has an IEP written, the schools have to provide the transportation as well as the services.

If he isnt already enrolled, I suggest you call and get him on the list to be tested through the schools.

tnradmom

Postby tnradmom » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:02 pm

With the speech he's 2. The school system doesn't pick up until 3. We are under early intervention and I spoke with the coordinator yesterday she is working on a grant.

Lawyer repeated do not sign anything. WE had court on J's case today and ANOTHER (this is the 3rd one now) CPS worker approaches me about accusations. I made her wait until court was over so my lawyer could be there. It was another accusation that was reported and in front of my lawyer she stated both me and the other CPS worker believe this is ridiculous but we have to investigate. Since you are already indicated in one case it would be silly to keep adding to it although you do have a history. (I didn't know a one time incident that I have paid for and my family has paid for is a history)

Anyhow... I busted her on CPS guidelines. (My lawyer was actually impressed) She started stumbling on her words and out right said in the case investigating A that if we don't sign the medical release form that there is nothing that they can do anyway. So I said then the case is closed since it has been over 60 days? Well if there are extenuating circumstances then it can take longer and I said, interesting in the CPS guidelines it states that the investigation to determine indicated or unfounded is to be done in 60 days. She left speechless and my attorney asked why he needed to be there.

So... hopefully that is the end of that.

In court today with J..... it was a mess but we had a small victory. We still have visitation and the judge told DCS and the foster mom to chill out. We are also going back to the therapist that did J's assessment for family therapy. This is good for us. So now we just gotta pray that God is with us.

tnradmom

Postby tnradmom » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:39 am

ok... since I can't find it.... is there anyway to take DCS to court for harassment?

I am asking because their "anonymous" reports are things that have previously been disclosed in court documents and in J's assessment interviews. It is things that for two years both kids have said that bio mom did and now that J is in foster care he is saying I did.

I need to know how to stop them. We believe that they are trying to get the rest of the kids. I just need a direction in which to go here. Either statutes or case that have bee won.... something. WE are in Tennessee.

Marina

Postby Marina » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:58 am

Here is the how to file a complaint in Tenn.

http://health.state.tn.us/Boards/SW/complaints.htm

Here are examples of Disciplinary Actions. I started going through the Arizona site and listed some of the cases, in order to get a sense of how it should look.

http://forum.fightcps.com/viewtopic.php?t=6748

File the complaint against the head of the local agency, and call it "failure to supervise..."

To file a complaint against a caseworker, there is a link to consumer complaints on the Social Worker Complaints page.

To file a Civil Action, look on your Courts website. But the court probably won't pay much attention to it if you haven't been through the licensing complaint and consumer complaint process first.

Keep filing complaints until somebody gets fired.

Maybe some of your caseworkers need anger management or drug testing - you never know. The way they act, you may have a suspicion. Social workers can tell if children and parents are on drugs by the way their eyes look, so you never know if your caseworker is on drugs if their eyes look funny.

Falsification of records, violation of confidentiality, unprofessional behavior, and unethical behavior are common complaints.

Here are the Tenn. Monthly Disciplinary Actions for Health Care providers.

For Apr. 2007, page 2 and 3 contain 9 Abuse Registry Placements.

http://health.state.tn.us/Boards/PDFs/April_2007.pdf

The disciplinary action taken was "Placed on Abuse Registry."

Five had their licenses revoked.

This is appalling !!!!!!

tnradmom

Postby tnradmom » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:02 pm

Thank you Marina... definitely gonna see where we can go with this.

DH talked to our caseworker today and shockingly she believes that there is somebody stirring up trouble. She wouldn't go into detail but said she is getting second hand info and things look awful odd.

Other than that... I got a chuckle on one comment she made....

"Honestly, I hope that [the therapist] will out right say what she believes need to happen so J can go home and we can close this file."

I know not to trust her... but the fact that she said it helps. Plus the therapeutic CM is the one causing problems right now by blurting out the "confidential" information to the bio mom. We did discover that.

So, more research and hopefully we can get them off of us. It really pains me to know we won't be able to escape the area. We are stuck here for at least 10 years. Research will be my sanity.... God help me.

Return to “CPS Investigations”