its in the details

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mom2boys

its in the details

Postby mom2boys » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:27 pm

Read the words:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:D U N F O U N D E D! :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Need we say more...
<Grin><Sniff><grin><sniff>

I could not have done it with out you!!
The information on this site is priceless..honest to god.
Last edited by mom2boys on Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
God grant me the wisdon to have the courage to make a difference. Its not legal advise, knowledge is just power.~brick by brick, they shall fall.

good dad
Site Admin

Postby good dad » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:50 pm

Great news :D WTG!!
My advice is my opinion and not legal advice
A bad lawyer is worse then no lawyer and bad advice is worse then no advice....

Marina

Postby Marina » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:50 am

Looking back, what do you think helped most?

florida999

Postby florida999 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:36 am

congrats!!!!!!!!

tnradmom

Postby tnradmom » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:08 pm

congratulations!!!
What the Lord gives you, man can not take away.

mom2boys

Postby mom2boys » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:43 am

SOAP BOX WARNING.

The most helpful advice: ACCOUNTABLITY!!! Your accountable to them for some made up or exaggerated story. BELIEVE ME, they are accountable too. You do have to educate your self, so you become as ‘smart as they think they are.’ You have to remind them, and then be able to prove they didn’t act according to their policy (or outside completely-therefore removing qualified immunity-which means you can sue them personally), state Code, or fed. Regulation, etc. This will serve your later.

May sound like a waste of time, but gain a frame of mind that you are on the attack rather then the defense. ( I don’t mean be rude or act out, I’m sure they would love that-remember your on trial by them ) But get the ‘Big picture’ of your situation. Sit in the social workers shoes (gag), and ‘knowing what they know ’think to yourself, “this family is innocent, but what can I do to make this ca$e work?$?$?” and what can I do to prevent them from figuring this out (keep them busy maybe??), I really don’t have a right to be in their lives.” Hmm, this is where it’s important to know their language. They can’t control what you learn.
Remember, they have regulations, policies etc.

THEY ARE NOT ABOVE THE LAW. This is just a start, Imagine what else you can find out!

Every document you receive from them, must be signed by an author, ‘under penalty of perjury.’ or the item can’t be used in a court of law. (I think this works both ways!) You can use this to your benefit!!!

Get every contact in writing, follow up every call with a written confirmation. (Works both ways!)

Government workers do not have qualified immunity during court proceedings-no anonymous hot line callers, who turn out to be cps workers. (Accountability)

Children placed with relatives, (when those relatives are against you) is governed, and considered hostile.

If they have a deadline, find out the regulations that govern such time frames. (Accountability) They will use this against you, so use this as a reminder for them as well.

Calling them ‘just for info’ and finding a person on the phone that is willing to listen and maybe offer some great advice works too! You never know!

TAPE EVERY MOMENT CONTACT!! KEEP A RECORDER GOING!!! (2 tape recorders, so you can appease them by shutting of the one they see, quietly)!!! (Can’t be used in court, you can sure play it for their supervisors and county officials tho!) If they have nothing to hide, they should not be worried in the first place! And this may keep things from getting ugly. ‘ It lets them know you ‘know.’

Read their Manuel/policy. It is what we are held accountable under.
(It will tell you, their requirements for all their actions)
*You say, "they don’t follow their policy-Yes, but they must!
-If they don’t, kindly let them know in writing, they will at least know you 'know' and they will be accountable and rethink their actions.

Learn your parental rights, via federal code. We are governed by it.
(They have to honor the federal code)
*You say, "they don’t follow it.-Yes, but they must!
-If they don’t, kindly let them know in writing, they will at least know you 'know' and they will be accountable and rethink their actions.

It was after getting the big picture, and the never ending errors that all this came to light. We notified them of these items, repeatedly, and can you believe it, they realized, we were not easy pickings. They also didn’t want to continue adding to the ‘list of items.’ (For fear of meeting us in court)

When I say never give up, that’s what I mean. If they are on the hunt, hold them accountable, keep up with what governs their actions. Know their chain of command, and their thought process. Sounds crazy, but when someone’s up to no good, they don’t want to be found out, cause then the games over.

It’s not legal advice. Hopefully inspiration.
God grant me the wisdon to have the courage to make a difference. Its not legal advise, knowledge is just power.~brick by brick, they shall fall.

Return to “CPS Investigations”