My baby bruises easily...

A place to discuss the many medical issues that may come up during the course of a CPS case.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Dan Sullivan

My baby bruises easily...

Postby Dan Sullivan » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:14 am

http://www.babycenter.com/expert/baby/b ... 12368.html

<<<snip>>>

Keep in mind that some kids just bruise more easily than others and once a child becomes active, bruises are very common. In fact, the source of most bruises is never detected.

tiredofthis

Postby tiredofthis » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:50 pm

I know this is late, but my family has a factor 6 defect called Von Willabrands disease and it makes us bruise easy.

jensmom

Watch out if your child bruises easily

Postby jensmom » Tue May 29, 2007 5:36 am

My daughter is fair-skinned and always bruised easily. After she began walking and running, in the summer especially (wearing shorts instead of long pants) she usually had a line of tiny bruises up and down her legs, below the knee, from climbing, bumping into things, falling, etc.

She was 2 when I was falsely accused by a malicious neighbor. I know CPS alerted her pediatrician because he had always been friendly to me, but after this started his manner turned icy cold. Once he left her file on the examing table when he stepped out of the room and I looked through it. He had several times documented finding tiny bruises on her legs between knee and ankle, also scratches on her arm, which came from an angry cat, although he (the doctor, not the cat) didn't bother to asked me what happened.

A lot could have been made of the bruises, but my child was always getting them in normal play.

4what?

Postby 4what? » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:15 am

I use to bruise when I was little, I was anemic then. Use to horse around outside too much, so I would always come home with bruises. Of course, I am not now because I am an adult and try to watch what I eat. Children sometimes don't like foods with iron.

Return to “Medical Issues”