urgent help

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

renee1971

urgent help

Postby renee1971 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:41 pm

I just found out a little over a week ago that my husband ( whom I haven't lived with for over a year) has been arrested for child molestation and has admitted to it. I live six hours from my children - my parents were called and they have temporary custody since his arrest.
CPS has been involved quite a bit - I had a psychiatric evaluation done and it said I was bi-polar but when I took the test I didn't understand alot of the questions. Right now CPS are trying to tell me I knew about the child molestation ( putting words in my mouth ) and trying to tell me I am unstable. Where I live now they are coming to investigate to see if my kids can live with me but what she said she is leaning towards no because of my experiences with them before. I really know what I need to do to get them on my side and out of my life. I am still legally married and they said since I am married I have joint custody and I should get them .
I really need your help and would like to know who to talk to on here or in my area - which is Murrayville, Georgia, please get back to me asap - RENEE

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:33 am

renee
they are real bad about using past history against you. 1st thing is get a lawyer. he/she will probably advise you to get a divorce. you may also need to get your own professional to counteract theirs. i live in south georgia. pm me and i will send you my info and we can talk. also, you may want to look up Gary Shaw. he is really good. he comes on this site and has his own,
www.fixcps.org

renee1971

CPS gonna check out my house

Postby renee1971 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:14 pm

IF CPS checks out my house and says I can't have the kids and I am emotionally unstable - what do I do and where do I go from there. I found on another website that bi-polar is easily misdiagnosed and I am willing to take another evaluation to prove that I am fine.
I was on medication and 15 minutes after I took it I was in my own world. My family and now fiance said they have noticed a big difference since I have been off it.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:50 pm

I know a little about bipolar my first husban was bipolar. It is often misdiagnosed and sometimes it takes 10 years to diagnose it. Often depression and anxiety or Add/Adhd can be mistaken for bipolar disorder because depression can be one cheif complaint one time and then you can get treated for that but you might have an underlieing anxiety problem which can be mistaken for the manic phase or add/adhd can be mistaken for the manic phase as well. Now on the ohter hand somebody can have bipolar disorder and only go in when they seem depressed never go in when they are happy (who complains of being too happy) so they are only treated for depression. If you have another psychological that contradicts the first at a differnt place one psychological can overrule another.
I would hire a lawyer and file for divorce. Usually the same lawyers that handle cps cases handle divorce/custody cases find a good one interview many. Make sure your home is in order. You have food enough room for the kids ect. And by the way many bipolar people raise children just fine when medicated and that alone is not a reason to deny custody. Look on childwelfare.gov learn all you can and look up the americans with disabilities act see how you can use that. You may have to jump through some hoops but I'd already be looking into parenting classes if I were you. Also therapy and maybe some classes if you could find them on how to raise children who have been sexually abused the place that you receive therapy should be able to point you in the right direction on that. Have your ducks in a row and stay on top of things if not be one step ahead.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:13 pm

Your Best Bet is to take everything Private through Private Agency. Never take Services that are offered through CPS Agency or its affliates.
Clean the house, full of food in fridge, have Witnesses in your house.
If you want a second opinion on your diagnosis, get it from a Private Psch. Doctor, never take services from CAS Doctor, because they are biased and will say anything just to suit CPS to gain fundings. Every time they offer services to families, they get fundings released to that Agency. I know of Bipolar parents can raise children. CPS has been known to use excuses like mental disorders saying they "can't" raise children. They cannot use that excuse alone, but they can use other attributing factors building up their case such as Sexual Abuse or other stuff. Failure to Protect is one of them. You need to prove that you did protect your children by showing examples of what you did with your Children.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:30 pm

There are tons of people walking around with Bipolar Disorder and they don't know it, and it doesn't make them bad parents. There are also tons of people with diagnosed Bipolar Disorder who are great parents, medicated or not. Just being Bipolar doesn't immediately make anyone a bad parent.

No psychologist/psychiatrist worth anything would diagnose Bipolar Disorder from a test (I'm assuming the MMPI). It takes several in-office therapy sessions to even begin to diagnose it.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:06 pm

cjallyson wrote:No psychologist/psychiatrist worth anything would diagnose Bipolar Disorder from a test (I'm assuming the MMPI). It takes several in-office therapy sessions to even begin to diagnose it.

To take that statement one step further- When you go to a doctor ANY doctor for any type illness you are simply getting THAT doctors 'best educated guess' most of the time. A diagnosis of anything is only that doctors opinon even with simple things like Should you put sun screen on a 3mo old if you asked 5 doctors you get 5 different opinions the one that says yes do so to no don't do it and every thing inbetween. That is why there are "second opinions" and "third opinions" especally in mental health because opinon varies and there is no "blood test" or 'genetic testing' for mental illness it is based on observation of that particular doctor. One can look at a ct scan and see a brain tumor one cannot look at a blood test and see bipolar disorder there is no medically varifiable test for that. Just written tests based on interpretations.
Example: my daughter had a cps psychological it has her IQ at 83, her suffering from aspergers and a whole list of junk that I can disprove. Previos IQ testing has her at 104 with out all that other junk. New test done privatly has yet to be put on paper but he stated her IQ is def higher than 83 and she clearly does not have aspergers. Different doctors differnt interpretation same test same child. This is why doctors carry malpractice insurance they know they make mistakes.

Gary Shaw

Postby Gary Shaw » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:36 am

This is why doctors carry malpractice insurance they know they make mistakes.

But they usually get to bury them.

I think I am bi polar. I was happy Thursday but sad and depressed Friday. Course it may have been the fact that we have had rain for four days running and I can't work and earn the money we need. I dunno.

I am not trying to be funny, just making a point that Bi Polar is very hard to diagnois as are most of the functional mental disorders that have become so much in vogue these last years. You asked a very serious question about a very serious problem.

If I were you, right now I would start spending every available minute learning all I could about DFACS rules and policies and about Georgia Laws and Federal Laws and Symptoms, Diagnoises, and Effects of Bi Polar. They will use it as a weapon against you.

http://www.fixcps.net/forum/index.php?topic=312.0

This is the Caseworkers Reference Manual for Georgia. I had to use this link because they kept moving it on the web and now it is gone. To many people were using it against them. It tells them what they can do and what they can not do and the legal precedence saying so.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the Constitution so the second will not become a legalized version of the first.
Thomas Jefferson

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:30 pm

Which is Good!!!!
Because we can now show that CPS's Doctors cannot be right. That is given if they present the case to the Court, in front of the Judge. Here we can show the Judge that we have three, four opinions and the Judge is going to "question" that. It shows discreditablity on CPS' part. We have to show that CPS cannot be always be right. We have to show them that they are wrong.
After all, we know our own family and our own bodies than anybody else, even the CPS for that matter. :roll:

Anything goes and this is it. I say that it is better than having just one biased answer directly from CPS where the Judge will based it on with. But if we present our opinions from other doctors, then we will fare well with the Judge. The trick is "who's doctor is the best"?

That's why we gotta do research, research to find the best, certified and respectable Doctor for across the nation. Even though if we have to pay for it, so be it because it all DEPENDS on our Families future and we must save it. It s worth every penny because that child deserve to be in their own beds being hugged by mommy and daddy one night. We must do everything in our power to discredit CPS and their whacko doctors. So be it.
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:35 pm

Just being happy one day and sad another doesn't make you Bipolar; everyone has good days and bad days. You would have to show episodes of mania and depression, and there are varying degrees of Bipolar. It is difficult to diagnose, and it is misunderstood by a LOT of people (including people working for and with CPS). There are also different levels of functioning when it comes to people who are Bipolar.

The point is, simply BEING Bipolar doesn't make someone a bad parent, and it doesn't mean that someone can't function in society. Some people's Bipolar requires meds, some people do not, and like someone else mentioned, different doctors will diagnose or recommend different things. Psychology in and of itself isn't an 'exact science' like other areas of science are. And Bipolar is a big, fat label with a wide open door of levels of functioning, levels of severity, and combinations of ways of treating it.

dawn7799

get a lawyer

Postby dawn7799 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:27 pm

Hello,
I would get a lwyer. I have learn don't trust CPS. Actually, I am not too sure about lawyers because mine told me to cooperate with CPS but that did not get me anywhere. They are still in foster care and my case worker says he only hears good things about me, but let my kids back.

Dawn

Frustrated

Re: get a lawyer

Postby Frustrated » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:28 am

dawn7799 wrote:Hello,
I would get a lwyer. I have learn don't trust CPS. Actually, I am not too sure about lawyers because mine told me to cooperate with CPS but that did not get me anywhere. They are still in foster care and my case worker says he only hears good things about me, but let my kids back.

Dawn

That's because most lawyers support CPS, same of those Lawyers that gives funds back into the Legal Aid System, which are buddies with the Judges, who are buds with CPS. Just one big group in one big pot that supports each other. The Lawyers don't want to look bad for helping abusers so they just tell them to co-operate and avoid a black bad name to their name. The Government is looking down at them not to protect abusers or help them, so Lawyers had no choice but to tell families to stuck up or get out. That's why many Lawyers don't want to take CPS cases just like those of Legal Aid telling people they won't accpet CPS cases, but they will accpet Criminal and Custody Cases. The Lawyers don't want to raise a stink with CPS with all the finger pointing for supporting abusers, so all together the Lawyers just avoid the publicitiy.

Very rare that Lawyers will fight for families like Greg Hession from Maine, and Paul Stuckle from Texas. These are the Lawyers that will really fight for familes and NOT FOR CPS. You just have to do alot of pushing and do alot of convincing, and alot of research on Lawyers who would be willing to help families and are not government butt kissers.

renee1971

hearing I didn't know about

Postby renee1971 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:19 am

on October 12th - there was a hearing that I didn't know about. My parents lawyer called and then the judge - we recorded it and they made me look extremely bad, they were trying to tell me that I knew he was molesting kids and I left them in that enviroment and that I left my kids to be with another man. They dont know that he kicked me out ( and what I was told by the NCIS guy - it started after I left) - I tried telling the judge that I was physically, emotionally and verbally abused but they didn't want to here it. What do you suggest that I do?

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:41 am

tpye in yourstate.gov see what comes up you should get a page that takes you to your state gov on there somewhere there will be a link to the courts and you should find a link that will lead you to the benchbook of how abuse/neglect cases are handled. Look at the critera for abandonment.
Also did you ever press dv charges against your ex. If you did you have proof you indeed were abused.

renee1971

finding a lawyer

Postby renee1971 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:59 am

I have a custody hearing on Nov 29th - my parents told me about it ( for full custody) - I haven't gotten a letter from there lawyer. I was wondering if anyone know where I can find a inexpensive lawyer ( don't have alot of money) - also would like to know about getting an emergency divorce - if there is such a thing.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:21 am

First you can probably get a divorce pretty easy with out a lawyer. You go to the court house and ask for a divorce packet. they charge here $25 for it with proof of income you can get the fee waived. Google "Georgia Divorce law" and see what the laws are. In my state if spouse is involved with a criminal case you can file if you can get the court documents (hell bring in the paper from when he was arrested especally considering what he was arrested for) you have the papers served on him in jail and he has to answer them but no matter what he says you'll probably get it pretty easy.

Second are they wanting to terminate your rights or just grant custody to your parents. If they are trying to terminate you are intitle to a lawyer free of charge. See here is where it gets tricky. Since you left the kids with him you could be terminated on grounds of abandonment. Did you have any visits? Pay support? if you did you got them.... or they can say you had contact with the kids knew about the sexual offence and did nothing to protect them. either way if they try to terminate you get a lawyer. Before the court hearing file a Declaration of Fact and explain your self, why you left, when, where you've been, contact with kids yes no and why, and any proof you have of DV etc.
You never said if your parents are supporting you as far as you getting the kids back or having visits are they? Or are they taking the kids and keeping them from you?

renee1971

custody

Postby renee1971 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:36 am

my parents just want to make sure the kids are in a safe place.and so do I. I can call and visit whenever I like ( which I have done so several times). I talk to my kids every other day and my son has told me he wants to live with me.
I happened to find out from a friend of mine that he has been doing that alot longer than I expected. I was heavily medicated for awhile and now I am off my medication.

Return to “CPS Investigations”