Motion to dismiss

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

FINN

Motion to dismiss

Postby FINN » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:02 pm

For those that have read our case we have some interesting news. CPS has motioned the court to dismiss our case. This is the department that accused us of murder and created a chain of events that has totally devistated our family.

The question that begs an answer is would they return the children and infact dismiss our case if they truly believed we were murderers? With a few final jabs at us they are asking that the case be dropped. In fact they are saying their services are counter productive.

Now with the coroner's verdict and DCSs' motion one must ask why the prosecution is continueing? If they really want my house all they have to do is make an offer. It's literally gone now anyway as will be my career.

Just think of how many trully abused children could have been protected had they examined the facts we provided. They were not interested. Now they want out. Even said they will dismiss regardless of whether or not we drop our contempt motion. I wish I had a fraction of the money they wasted. I could pay off not only my monthly bills and morgage (which are months behind) payments but probably our entire debt.

I wonder why in a county of only 13,000 people we have one of the highest rates of substantiated abuse. Are we that evil or do we have too many CPS staff desparately trying to "substantiate" their jobs.

Kenneth2816

Postby Kenneth2816 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:56 pm

FINN:

First, I would like to say that I hope this is the first step of ending the nightmare.

Your county and state are not unique as it pertains to population densities vs. rates of investigated or substantiated cases.

In my state, North Carolina, a recent publication showed that a county close to the same population as yours reported an 87% "accept" rate on calls to the Agency. What this means is that only 23% of these calls were "screened out" or did not meet the legal guidelines.

At the same time, the state average of "accepted" calls was running at about 50%.

CPS simply ignores the conclusions of its own data: in a county tax base of 13,000 people versus a major city of 250,000 .MORE investigations MUST be "accepted" per capita, to keep funding, budget projections, and allocation of staff. There simply can BE no other reason for this disparity.

In reality, demographic research shows that the trend should be the other way around: the more people, the more reports which meet the criteria of "accepted" for investigation.

This is a business, and paychecks depend on production, just as if your local CPS were a manufacturing concern.

Someone (maybe from TN?) said :

Liars surely may figure,
but figures do not lie.

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:54 am

FINN, I live in a county with probalby the same population if not less. We have the same problem here. When somebody can go to the local grocery store and just about every parent there has been investigated there is something wrong. the last time I wen tto court the judege made a mistake and when corrected he stated "well when you have 175 cases like that this week a mistake will happen" it was only wed and he had 175 case in court so that doen't include the cases of cps interferance that never make it to court, or what he had last week and the week before. I ahve actually not run into anybody who didnt at least get a visit from cps. We won't even discuss how many had open cases or had to go to court.

Frustrated

Postby Frustrated » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:26 am

I thought the same thing, if the statistics shows a higher rate, that means the whole nation are abusers???? Is that what CPS are trying to say? That it is an epidemic? It does not make sense, like you say the statistics don't lie, and it does tell a whole story, high numbers means lots of people are abusers. If we believe a neutral number (real numbers) then we can truly believe there are real abusers out there. Why pin on innocent families is beyond me. If they get to fix the problem, then it will not be an exgerrated epidemic. Then we can get real abusers in prison where they belong. Why are there aren't any abusers in Criminal Court being charged for the crimes? Why CPS did not do anything? Because they know fully well that it is not the real crime, but rather to put them into civil cases bunch of made up's. It is baloney.

If we can get an over haul of the system accountability and changae the laws, then the system will do things the correct way, not full of farce or fabrication of cases just to bring funds to CPS agencies like it is a business production?

Now they are getting things to dismiss your case because they know the case is a farce, full of lies. They are scared knowing that you will bring lawsuits so they are hoping you will be keeping your mouth shut by dismissing the case. It does not workt that way, and we still have to hold them accountable for their actions. Simply put! They need to be charged for crimes of (I can name several) :roll: but one of them can be lying, fabricting of reports, but they are true child abusers too. They should be charged for foster children's deaths to begin with. That is a serious crime. Why should they get away with it??? :shock:
It is easy to steal from poor people. But don't do it. And don't take advantage of those poor people in court. The Lord is on their side. He supports them and he will take things away from any person that takes from them.~ Proverbs 22:22

FINN

Postby FINN » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:49 pm

Just wonering what you all think. To review we were accused of a homicide. Since then we have proven that it was a prescrition error and have a coroner's verdict comfirming everything we said. DCS has motioned the court to drop our case which seems to me to be much like saying, "Gee we're sorry for accusing you of murder."

What if, in light of all that, the coroner actually files a contempt motion against CPS? Has that ever happened before? Is it an indication of the unwavering support of those that were elected to make these rulings? Can we anticipate apologies from the people that cost us our home, career and reputation? I doubt that. What's so hard about saying your sorry and you made a mistake. CPS is not capable of making an admission that is required by a Christian society. :twisted:

debbiescalese

Postby debbiescalese » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:31 am

I think this is a close to and "ooops I screwed up" from cps that your going to get. Nobody will take action against cps at all. The fact that the ombudsman came in a cleaned house actually means a lot too. I'm sorry your life was distroyed by cps but the fact that cps knows thier services are counterproductive and are stating this is as close to and I'm sorry your going to get from them. A dismissal is the easiest way for them to say they are sorry and go away. You should look into if you have a slander suit they said you were a murder and all evidence indcates you are not that might be the only way to recoup anything.

FINN

Postby FINN » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:03 pm

I have been told that the prosecutor will be dropping charges against me tomorrow. Lynnette's charges are still pending but she has a motion to dimiss on Nov. 2.

DCS still has a motion to dismiss our case. 2 DCS staff have had a contempt motion filed against them by an official in regards to our case. And we still have a contempt motion pending against them also.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:23 am

Deleted.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FINN

Postby FINN » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:59 pm

It's official. Criminal charges against me have been dropped. Working on my wife's case next.

cjallyson

I sent you an PM. Contact me if you'd like. You are welcome too and I hope to here from you soon.

FINN

FINN

Postby FINN » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:01 pm

PS: Two CPS officials have been found guilty today of contempt for failing to disclose evidence to the coroner.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:01 am

Deleted.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CaptBarbossa

Postby CaptBarbossa » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:45 am

In our old county in MO which has one of the lowest population of the state..about 5000, years ago when I was being tortured I did some research(demographics) and found out that odds were if the kid started in our public school, by the time he graduated his family would have been tortured at least once by the child stealers.
They obviously have nothing better to do and need to find a way to keep their jobs .
To read their reports collected from the school and our case, one would think we were living in 2 different worlds and had to different cases going on. How they twisted words/evidence etc... was just amazing. I don't think my kids could make up such fantasy stories/lies so easily as those folks

FINN

Postby FINN » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:40 am

Here's a good twist of words. At our last meeting our counselor was told that my wife had found info on an exchange program where students could go to Australia and our older girl expressed interest. The "therapist" implied in a letter to DCS that this was evident of her wish to escape our home. This after the same tharepist said he didn't think his reports were as negetive as DCS was implying. I don't think he honestly realizes how fast we get copies of his reports.

FINN

Postby FINN » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:21 pm

I have been told that ciminal charges against my wife will be dis missed tomorrow.

I hope that you all will be encouraged by our victory. CPS has motioned the court to drop our case. In all my research i have never seen another case that has ended in such a full retreat by CPS.

Never give up. These sick people need to be exposed. I'll do all I can to suport victims of the system.

Roman

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:20 am

Good luck Finn..

now the hard work begins, mourning for the loss of your child and putting the pieces of life back together. i had to live through a year of it and after the fighting i found that after they are gone is when the emotions of what you have been through really start to come in. GOOD LUCK!!!

kat

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:01 pm

I am happy to see CPS finally back down for your family Finn. Finally now, your family can start the grieving process in peace. (Or at least as peaceful as possible due to the hell you have all been put through).

Return to “CPS Investigations”