They are in for a real fight now.

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Workingmom

They are in for a real fight now.

Postby Workingmom » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:08 pm

I obtained another attorney today. My first attorney may have been cheaper, but I can see why. Not only did he not know how to really fight these people, he was also too scared to.

My current attorney handles nothing but cases like mine. He's gonna cost me my whole tax return, but I think that he is worth it.

Unlike my last attorney, he is going to let cps, and the gaurdian ad litem know that they are not to speak to me, or walk my home unless he, or one of his people are present. He knows my rights have been violated, and he's ready to enforce them.

Pray for me and my babies. I saw them today, and they are crying that they want to come home. They love their father, and wish to see him from time to time, but they know that their real home as always been with me, and they want to come back. They are just absolutely miserable there.

My next hearing was in June, but my attorney is looking to make it sooner than that. He wants this resolved NOW. :wink:

WISH ME LUCK!!

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:42 am

it seems to me that this agency is hell bent on making fathers into a nonexistant parent. when things happen, it seems to always fall to the father moving out and dealing with them. no matter how good a father he is, because lets face it alot of men are just sperm donors. my husband was ordered to leave pending the investigation, which they found nothing and still kept him out for a year. when asked why?, it was becuase it could have happened. our society has given this organization too much power over "what could happen". it is kinda like that show, i cant remember the name, but in the future there is no more murder becuase they can read someone's mind before it happens. people have no more free will, if they think about killing someone they automatically get locked up, they do not get the choice to just not do it. it is kinda like that here, you dont get to choose right or wrong it is dictated to you by an unorganized agency who even within its own walls cant even control what is right or wrong or who does the job at hand.

Workingmom

Dictatorship

Postby Workingmom » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:30 am

I know what you mean, and I agree. Not only are they telling me that I cannot be with my husband, and my kids, now they want me to do something about the way I work. I work mostly evenings, and only get one weekend off a month (and that's only if I remember to ask for it). But now they are saying that since they do not want my husband at home, that I souldn't be working nights either. I know that working Mon-Fri, and no weekends would be great with the kids, but I work in retail, and this is a reality that is hard to make happen. I have been with this company for 6 years, and do not just want to let it go so easily. Not only that, they expect for me to change EVERYTHING in my life at the drop of a dime.

When dealing with these people, I do not feel like we live in a democracy.

FINN

Postby FINN » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:32 pm

When dealing with these people you do not live in a democracy. You have no constitutional protections.

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:01 pm

workingmom
they can not order you to stay away from you husband, they can recommend it or strongly suggest you cant, but even our judge told me that she could not order it, it is not her jurisdiction she can only state that the children can not be around him, after all she said this is only juvenille court and she has no say so over adult matters. as far as working, well one of the rules they live by is not to cause any undue hardship, which means they arent suppose to cause financial or emotional burdens.(ha!) learn there policy and when they step out of line call them on it. you will see a great change quickly. stand strong.

Workingmom

Postby Workingmom » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:05 pm

Kagosteve,
How do I find out the policy for the state I am in. Because they are not going to tell me if I ask for it. So how do I find it myself. I would love a list of do's and don'ts that they have to work by, no matter what.

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:18 pm

i found most of my info on this site and you can google your state and what ever the name of your agency is, our in. georgia is department of family and children services. i researched for months, all different combinations until i found all this info. i remember meeting with my attorney and bringing in all this info. she told me she never knew these things and she had a good success rate against dfcs in our district. the one thing you have to know is that most of these caseworkers and attorneys working for the state dont know the case. in my case they had all the facts wrong. it was jus sad how everything was so out of wack. if you go in prepared, in most cases they are not. do not offer more info on the stand than you need to, go over everything they have for evidence. if you have a written log of phone calls and what was said in the conversations that is allow in most cases. sit down and do a timeline of all the events. your main goal should be to get your kids back, then next is to get them out of your life. even if you win in court, they will still be there becuase most judges wont order them out,but in most cases they want out of your life esp. when they lose.
just stay informed.

Workingmom

Postby Workingmom » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:50 am

Kagosteve
I did what you had suggested. I have not found what I am looking for yet, but I did find a website where there was a petiton to be signed that is to be turned in to our legislature, to "Fix What is Broken in Texas Child Protection Services". :twisted: I'll keep digging around to see what I can see. But I would have never thought of doing that if you had not advised me to. Thanks!!! :D

Marina

Postby Marina » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:28 am

Go to Child Welfare Information Gateway which is the federal site, and link onto the state laws.

Return to “CPS Investigations”