I thought I had a happy ending, but they found a way

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

mommyx3b

I thought I had a happy ending, but they found a way

Postby mommyx3b » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:25 am

I thought it was all over, CPS ended dependency in Dec. took my ex to family court 2weeks away from everything being done and my life back to normal.
So I guess what had happened is when they originally took my kids I was charged with child abouse and put on probation. I hadn't done anything wrong that I was aware of. No my PO has all of the sudden decided to make it a term of my probation that I am not to have contact with my kids untill my term is up in 2 more years. the probation department an CPS share an office. I fought them and won guess they have found away to make me pay.
Alot more has happened and I wish I could share but I don't trust anyone anymore. I just want people to be carefull. I know you guys know how thety are but I think it is still somewhat underestimated how much power they really have. As I was told today. They ARE the ultimate athourity in local goverment.
"No Honey, you can't help mommy make cookies for Santa, 'cause it might make a mess, then CPS will take you away 'cause the house isn't spotless." <-----What I should have told my 4 yr old daughter.

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:25 am

i think you would have known if you were charged with child abuse and put on probation. was there a criminal trail? in order to be ordered to stay away from your children you would have committed a crime against a child and been ordered by a judge to stay away.
when the guy who assualted my brother was sentenced, the judge ordered him to prison for 12 years and probation for 30 years and he is not to be around a child under the age of 14 and a few more stipulations. then when he is in prison they determine if he is a threat and recommend other stipulation for when he gets out and the po has to follow what is reccommended.
has any of this happened? where you on probation for something else? if i am not mistaken, your po has to get any new stipulation put in front of judge in order add them and you have to have been convicted or pled out for probation.
i would look really hard at things before i feel down and just agreed.

Marina

Postby Marina » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:13 am

http://www.jud.state.ct.us/faq/adultprob.html

Adult Probation frequently asked questions

See if you can find something like this for your state.

They use the term "probationer," which you can use for a search term on your state gov. website or courts website. Search for "probationer rights" also.

They also used the term "No contact order." Try to find out what this involves. It sounds like that should come from the court.

However, a PO may think they have unlimited power, just like a social worker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probation_officer

Rights of probationer article
http://www.uic.edu/depts/cjus/graduate/ ... 0paper.pdf

Return to “CPS Investigations”