Contact please help

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

layla

Contact please help

Postby layla » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:05 pm

Last edited by layla on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

layla

Postby layla » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:16 pm

Last edited by layla on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

layla

Postby layla » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:13 pm

All names have been changed for Privacy reason's

Marina

Postby Marina » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:06 pm

Here is a link that you might find useful.

http://www.bullyeq.com/bol/stress/ptsd.htm

How do you feel about your mental health services? Do you like your counselors or therapists? How are you doing on your medications?

How is your husband handling all of this stress? Has this affected his job and finances?

What do you visualize as happening in the next year if everybody is fair to you and your family?

What would you say to your children if you could see them today?

God Bless.

layla

Postby layla » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:37 pm

Last edited by layla on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:56 am

layla

i am not familar with australian cases, but i think you have long hard road ahead of you. you probably already knew that.

from experience with them, i think they are trying to blame your husband for not knowing or they think he has put you up to taking the blame. when i dealt with them, they were trying to by time for a few reasons, time is the best way to see if things are going to happen again, time is a way for them to see if they can establish a pattern of behavior from the past and time is how things can go from bad to worse.
i know you have had dealings with them in the past and if it is like the US they often do not give the children back so easily the second time. right now you need to think about yourself and getting well. i do think that you should be allowed contact with your children, the contact will help all of you heal and repair your family in future. they may also be waiting to see if you take your meds like ordered and if they are effective.

hang in there
kat

layla

Postby layla » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:40 pm

Last edited by layla on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:12 pm

Layla,

While I understand that you miss your kids and would like to have contact with them again, you just described 2 different episodes in which you 'lost it' and made up things or got angry.

I dont want you to think that I am siding with CPS, I dont want you to think that I am attacking you, but it appears that you have some serious mental issues that very much need to be addressed and ficed with no 'episodes' before they will feel comfortable with you having your kids again. In other words, they want you stable, but with reoccuring episodes, they arent convinced this is the case. (One of your other identities was a dog!) You are not the first person to be sexual or physically abused as a child, but overcoming that, using it to your advantage and moving on is the key. Dont think that I am cold. I was sexually and physically abused myself. But I dont let it control my life. Everyone handles everything in different ways, but the ultimate success is overcoming it and being able to lead a productive and normal life.

I am not a doctor, nor do I pretend to be one, but does mental illness run in your family? You have always talked in the past about certain family members that do things because they 'have issues'. Mental illness is heriditary and this might be what CPS is looking for. They want to be sure that this is just what you and your doctor say it is. A defense mechanisim and not some hidden heridiatry illness that can affect your children in the long run.

Good luck Layla. You have a very long and tough road and I hope that you can fight through the demons that plague your mind for the sake of your children.

Return to “CPS Investigations”