I just had an ETG test dropped on me today

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

thiasmommy

I just had an ETG test dropped on me today

Postby thiasmommy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:18 am

Hi,

I had an ETG test dropped on me today, these people are insane. I don't drink, but they are soo convinced I do!!!! Makes me mad!!!!

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:35 pm

I had never heard of this test. But I googled it and there seems to be a bit of scuttlebutt (official) out there saying that this test is most inaccurate.

Hang in there.

Michael

Alcohol Testing

Postby Michael » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:15 pm

I have not known CPS in Texas (Region V) to do Alcohol Testing in over eight years.

trappedinwreakage

Postby trappedinwreakage » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:59 pm

See this is why the first thing they tell you is that if you cooperate, things will go so much better for you. Then while you are living with the fear of government in your face, you will submit to anything, thinking you are getting somewhere with them by "cooperating".... when in reality you may be giving them ammunition to stack up the paperwork deeper so as you can be in thier programs for a good long time, thus pumping more money into their bloated system... so that they can show big numbers next time their budget comes up for review.

"Dance my little puppets... dance"

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:04 pm

Taken from :

http://alcoholism.about.com/od/work/a/etg.htm

On: December 31, 2007

"Currently, the use of an EtG test in determining abstinence lacks sufficient proven specificity for use as primary or sole evidence that an individual prohibited from drinking, in a criminal justice or a regulatory compliance context, has truly been drinking.

"Legal or disciplinary action based solely on a positive EtG ... is inappropriate and scientifically unsupportable at this time. These tests should currently be considered as potential valuable clinical tools, but their use in forensic settings is premature."

Supposedly it will register alchohol consumed within the last 80 hours. This means you cant even enjoy a glass of wine with dinner. I made Tiramisu last night with rum, that test would mean I am an alchoholic. I guess that since I allowed my kids to eat some of the tiramisu, that means I am contributing to a minor as well.

Is prohibition back???!!!!

Are you court ordered to not drink? Was this test court ordered?

thiasmommy

etg test

Postby thiasmommy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:30 am

In The family court I am not to have alcohol in my home nor drink.

I don't drink anyways, but they just out of the blue called me and told me to go and get my drug test, which turned out to be this test.

the court order says that drug testing should be at least once every 30 days. they have called me in for testing on 7/28/2008 which was a 10 panel test, and then 8/11/2008 which was their 80 hour etg test.

I just feel like what trapped said, they are just trying to build a case.

Thanks

trappedinwreakage

Postby trappedinwreakage » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:45 am

Just send the an offical letter that states they should be aware that you bill $100 per hour for your time involved in any unnecessary or unfounded procedures. Time is money and they must learn to deal with that as all the rest of us out in the real world have to......

katgotsteve

Postby katgotsteve » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:28 pm

personally i would find research to prove the test should not be given and how it is a total waste of time and money.

in my case, my husband took a test, not sure of which one but in it, it said he was an alcoholic. he doesnt even drink. so it was a total waste of time. even the caseworker said that she saw no evidence of alcohol abuse in our home.

second time, they wanted my husband to take some therapy for sexual abuser. here is the catcher, in order to complete this therapy you have to admit that you are an abuser and are guilty of the crimes. if you do not admit to a problem, you never finish this program therefore never completing the requirement. i took evidence to them and talk to several therapist. when i finished with my case of why he should not take them, they agreed.
this therapy is alot like the therapy an alcoholic goes through. someone tells you that you are, in order to complete it you have to admit it. it is called a catch22, damned if you do, damned if you dont.

i personally would tell them that i would no longer take or agree to any therapy unless it ordered by the court. that will force them to make a move, either reunite or force things on you. in my area, they really dont like to go to the judge and ask for therapy and things like that. i did sign a caseplan, but i made them edit it numerous times before i would sign it. you have that power too. if you refuse to sign it they have to go to court for approval. if the judge orders reunification, you have to agree to all the plans or the judge makes the decision for you, but you get to present a case to them. they will have to prove to him that you do indeed have a problem and that the test is warranted..

MaggieC

Postby MaggieC » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:55 pm

I think they just keep going until they get the answer they want that fits in with their pre-arranged plan.

Personally, I wouldn't do anything without a court order.

If they insist upon these tests, then go and get another test done privately that can be used in court to refute their test.

Katgot steve is right-do not agree to testing that is NOT part of their charges.

They're on a fishing expedition.

kali

Re: Alcohol Testing

Postby kali » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:52 pm

Michael wrote:I have not known CPS in Texas (Region V) to do Alcohol Testing in over eight years.

WELL I CAN TELL YOU FIRST HAND THAT THEY MOST CERTAINLY DO TEST FOR ALCOHOL!!!

i randomly tested 3 times a week for 2-3 weeks for drugs (i was honest with them in my interviews about my drug use during my college years - i was 29 during CPS inves but they were convinced i was addict) AND ALCOHOL and when all of my tests came out clean my caseworker was PISSED!!! she demanded that the drug-alcohol testing center PUT A TEST STICKER PATCH ON ME WHICH REGISTERED EVERY thing i put in my body!!
DWELL IN POSSIBILITY

eyeq181

Postby eyeq181 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:43 pm

the test they make me do for drugs also test for alcohol. I wonder if they are ever going to stop testing me. I haven't done any drugs and I don't drink. They are just looking for something cause they have nothing. That is so dumb that they would say that you are not allowed to drink. What ia next were not allowed to smoke cigs on our front porch. Then tell us we are no longer allowed coffee which is a bigger drug than most. If people drink responsible than I don't see why there should be a problem. Will the madness ever end.
Parents spend so much time teaching our kids not to go with strangers or talk to strangers, and no to show your body to strangers. And this is what CPS-DHS is all about.

Return to “CPS Investigations”