Looking for ideas on what to do with an audio recording

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

MrUboe

Looking for ideas on what to do with an audio recording

Postby MrUboe » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:18 am

Four months ago our son with cystic fibrosis died of phenomia. On top of dealing with this tragedy we have had to deal with local police and cps. Here is the really short version of the story. While we were are the hospital, shortly after being told they could not revive our son, the local cheif of police calls us. He tells us that he has been trying to get into our house to take pictures but the doors were locked. He then said he would come by later. Now due to our previous dealing with CPS I have no faith or trust in nearly any government official. So I had a camcorder set up inside, and an audio recorder in my pocket. On the audio recorder i have a short conversation with me and the cheif of police outside my house. He told me that they needed to investigate the death of my son and needed to come in and take pictures. I asked "Don't you need a warrent to do this?" He snaped back at me and said "I don't have any choice in the matter"
It was just not the time to flex my rights so I complied, but now that I have this recording of the cheif of police introducing himself then telling me he didn't need a warrent, i have to wonder what I should do with this.
Looking for any ideas, post it up somewhere on the web? Start a lawsuit? Anything?

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:53 pm

I don't know if refusing entry would be deemed 'interfering with the duty of a law enforcement agent' in a case such as this. Have you consulted an attorney about this?

So sorry for your loss... my heart goes out to you.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Michael

Soulds as if he was giving you legal advice.

Postby Michael » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:42 pm

Contact the local Bar Association and the state Attorney General Office. If he was conducting a legal investigation and consideringyou as a suspect he should have Marandized you.

MrUboe

Postby MrUboe » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:13 am

Thanks Michael, that is exactly what I was thinking. There was no doubt that they were attempting to build some case against us. They even went to our sons doctor and point blank asked him if we killed him.

and thank you also Linda, had it not been for this website and the help we got here, we would not have had the limited time with him that we did. It helps to be thankful for the time we had rather than greive over what was lost.

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:14 am

You asked the right question, his answer was terrible.

It was a violation of your privacy at a vulnerable moment.

In cases of SIDS death/Cot death the caseworkers
get right in parents' faces eager to catch moments
of self blame, while they are vulnerable and
not thinking too clearly.

It's more than just sleazy, more like a con job.

Return to “Round Table”