how do u get the insanity to END?

Are you going through an investigation now? Tell your story and get feedback here.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

kelz03103

how do u get the insanity to END?

Postby kelz03103 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:32 am

hi all , we're going to court for a review on Jan 9th , i have the dcyf report , it says this "we XXXXX and XXXXhave already corrected the conditions of neglect that led to this child protection case" and then goes on to say they recommend carrying this on for another 3 months reason:continued monitoring. To determine future goals and motivation,, so basically what this sys is there is no GOOD reason. tthis particular case started in august 08. However as some may remember they were ready to pull up reports , unfounded ones on me over the last 6-7 YEARS, how much flippin monitoring do we need ? ok so that is my question , I want to sue them , dont kno if i can i kno I have to get my lawyer to file the intent RIGHT now! but all I want out of life is for them to stop harrassing my family and stop violoating my families rights to privacy. any thoughts or sugestions on this would be great we got court in 3 days ty ~ Kelz ~

searcher

Postby searcher » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:59 am

I've come to realize that no matter what their policies state, they can do pretty much whatever they want to. So what may be true for someone else, may not be true for you. An example of them doing what they want for whatever reasons they want (or for no reason at all)? THe allegations against my husband were substantiated. The allegations against me were immediately unfounded. We offered that my husband would leave the home so that the children could come home. I mean, the allegations against me were unfounded, right? No deal. They had "concerns" about me and this was enough to keep my children away from me (turns out, probably permanently).

Look at CPS as the cable company. They may give you a time, but they will do things how they want to and when they want to and don't give a thought to you and yours.

RWilliams1969

Postby RWilliams1969 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:04 am

searcher wrote:I've come to realize that no matter what their policies state, they can do pretty much whatever they want to. So what may be true for someone else, may not be true for you. An example of them doing what they want for whatever reasons they want (or for no reason at all)? THe allegations against my husband were substantiated. The allegations against me were immediately unfounded. We offered that my husband would leave the home so that the children could come home. I mean, the allegations against me were unfounded, right? No deal. They had "concerns" about me and this was enough to keep my children away from me (turns out, probably permanently).

I have been told all along that it is ultimately the judge's decision on the return of my son. I know that he listens to the CPS workers' recommendations, but I guess I'm just stupid because wouldn't CPS have to have something to backup their concerns?
*Terrified Mom*
~I am told to keep a positive outlook, but anytime I think positively, I'm slapped in the face with the negative~

LanceBabe

Postby LanceBabe » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:00 pm

RWilliams1969 wrote:I have been told all along that it is ultimately the judge's decision on the return of my son. I know that he listens to the CPS workers' recommendations, but I guess I'm just stupid because wouldn't CPS have to have something to backup their concerns?

You would think so, wouldn't you? But if they don't have anything to backup their concerns, they'll make something up, and the judge goes along with whatever they say.

RWilliams1969

Unjust Concerns

Postby RWilliams1969 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:08 pm

This is completely insane! Immediately after my last court date on January 5, 2009, I called the detectives to find out if they had been contacted by the CPS investigator for the statements made by me, my mom and my daughter; he told me "no, no one has contacted us." I called my attorney and told her that the CPSI lied in court, stating that she had been trying to get in contact with detective ****. My attorney said, "well, she may have not told the truth but that is not going to speed up the process any." WTH? I don't get it. So, CPS can misconstrue all information to fit their desires, but the second a parent or family member slips slightly, we're comitting purgery? I'm doing my research now, and will tell my attorney (tomorrow) that she needs to challenge these accusations and find out what the real concern is and ask for something to backup their concerns. If she doesn't do it, I'll take over from that point.
*Terrified Mom*

~I am told to keep a positive outlook, but anytime I think positively, I'm slapped in the face with the negative~

LanceBabe

Postby LanceBabe » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:31 pm

Good luck! We've been dealing with this crap for 8 months, since the day our Granddaughter was born, all because my daughter asked to be put back on bi-polar meds as soon as the baby was born because she knew she was more apt to develop postpartum depression and all the stories of women with severe PPD hurting their babies scared her. They construed that as "making threats of harm" to her baby. We couldn't bring the baby home unless we promised to provide 24/7 supervision for our daughter and granddaughter.

Return to “CPS Investigations”