My Side

General chat area for anything that doesn't fit in elsewhere.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

gideonmacleish

My Side

Postby gideonmacleish » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:20 am

It's been a year, I know, but for those who read the guestbook, I would like to clear the air on a couple of things. I do not want there to be any doubt about my credibility as I work in an activist role.

For those who know, there was a rather nasty attack on me, posting pictures of the place we had lived in and stating a number of very serious allegations about me. I did not respond because I couldn't. I was busy with full time work and full time school and was, frankly, unaware of the allegations until long after they had been lobbied and I had been tried in the court of (online) public opinion.

The first thing to note is that not one of my accusers has ever met me personally. They have relied on small town gossip to fuel their allegations, and basically attempted to escalate a landlord-tenant dispute into a more serious matter. When I moved for school, these individuals stalked me in real life, going so far as to call every single business in the small community where I was continuing college and talk with the individuals in charge of hiring, to ensure that I would not be able to work. It worked, and now I am commuting 100 miles twice a week to continue my schooling because they were so effective in preventing me from obtaining gainful employment even at Pizza Hut!

I would like to note that we did NOT flee in the middle of the night, this was a school transfer. I had graduated from the community college and could not continue my degree there, and so I moved to work on my Bachelor's. I notified the landlord late, it is true, but he had notice more than two weeks before the actual move. I was unaware that I was indentured to said landlord.

I will not dispute the pictures that were taken, but the condition of the place was not significantly worse than it was when we moved in except in ONE room, and I explained that to my landlord, and paid for the repairs to that room. We did not have "soot from a poorly ventilated stove"; what they saw was ash from cleaning out a stove that was installed to code.

Over the last several years, nobody has been under more of a microscope than our family. And yet we have consistently disproven the allegations. When my daughter broke her arm in a playground accident, they investigated and we were cleared the following day after all parties were interviewed. This despite a mountain of allegations.

Our attacks were a direct result of my activism (a warning for anyone wanting to be an activist). While in the distant past, we did make the mistake of moving when an allegation was made against us (and it is something I regret; I should have educated myself and stayed and cleared our good name), that is past, this is present. I have never made a secret of where I am or who I am.

I appreciate this site and the forum it gives for families who are wrongly accused. I believe we are going to have to bite the bullet for the next four years, as CPS power will only intensify under Obama; but I hope in the long term we can draw attention to the injustice of the system.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:24 am

I am so sorry to hear of your persecution, online and off. I hope this had nothing to do with my site. Those photos aren't here are they? I have nothing but respect for you; I even wish I knew you better! Congratulations on overcoming the temptation to move, and for continuing your college education.

I have to wonder about the intensely venomous attack. What would provoke someone to phone all local employers to keep you from working? (You don't have to answer that.) I do believe in karma and know that the person who did this will suffer for his or her actions against you and your family.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

gideonmacleish

Basically, a landlord tenant dispute

Postby gideonmacleish » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:36 pm

When we moved into our home, it was under a bit of duress. I was in an area where I could not find good employment, and we were offered what we thought was a good deal on a home that required a 1200 mile move. Well, we took it, only to find out that the plumbing and electrical were not up to code, and that the owner was selling the house for about 4 times its actual worth.

What we learned was, if the place has been vacant for four years, there's probably a reason. There was trash piled throughout the yard and the house was in a rather disturbing state of disrepair when we arrived. We didn't have the extra money to perform the necessary repairs.

When the family found out I was going to continue my education, they panicked. It was not acceptable for me to go to school 100 miles away and come back to the house once a month, we had to continually occupy the house. And so, we let it go.

Problem was, the blogsite where I had documented CPS abuses had a few individuals who had engaged in rather heated disagreements with us over the years. When they got this information, they pounced on it. The pictures were taken so as to make things look worse than they were (for example, there were two bathrooms. The floor and toilet were taken out of one bathroom and the picture was taken in the middle of remodelling (after we had left)without mention of the fact that there was another, fully functioning bathroom in the house. People then assumed we had no bathroom in the house.

The pictures weren't posted here, but the link was in the guestbook. I'm not sure if the link still works, truthfully, but it was up for awhile.

Once I get finished with my degree I am hoping to put more hours to activism, and that's one reason I wanted my side posted, as I don't intend to change my username, and I know there are people who will go back and look it over.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:38 am

If you can find the link let me know where it is; I might be able to delete it. Amazing how cruel some people can be!

Update: I found the post and deleted it. Sorry I didn't catch it sooner. The person's IP number will be banned from posting to the blog.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Greegor

Postby Greegor » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:37 pm

I don't think I ever saw the pictures, but I
have said many times that there are some
extemely hostile "dirty tricks" going on online.

There are people who are rabid fanatical
supporters of the ""Child Protection"" racket
and would do any dirty trick imagineable
toward that end.

One of my main problems with the
social work mindset is that they are
so far gone they actually believe that
their imagined ends justify ANY means,
no matter how corrupt.

I know of some "system sucks" on the internet
who engage in the kinds of dirty tricks that
gideon experienced.

Most families who deal with CPS quickly
find out that caseworkers are perfectly
willing to lie even in court.

I have seen that they are totally willing to
LIE TO YOUR FACE during an investigation
where they think they can con you into
confessing to something criminal.

It probably shouldn't come as much
of a surprise that they would lie
on the internet about who they are
or what their agenda truly is.

That is not at all uncommon on the internet.

I can't help but think of those people who
run those private stings to catch the
child molesters who hunt for willing kids
in chat rooms.

I applaud those stings, especially when
they catch system insiders.

There are other vigilante groups that
could not work with law enforcement.

But there are other similar crusaders
who think that everybody accused of
child abuse is guilty of a crime.

Some people on the internet are just
sadistic about hurting others with
known or imagined info while
concealing themselves.

I have had my home address and phone
number posted publicly on the internet
in an effort to silence me.

One harasser is very practiced at anonymity,
can counterfeit an IP address, e-mails, etc.
He's used stuff that fakes out telephone Caller ID.
He even phoned in fraudulent calls to Police
using Caller ID trickery.

This last week he publicly posted that one guy's
kid was making terrorist bombs, posted the
address and conned some reader into
calling the Police.

He's been doing this kind of stuff for TEN YEARS.

He's not making Law Enforcement very happy.

Cops in yet another community now KNOW who he is.

On a much less threatening note, the mental case
former Caseworker famous for stalking famous
Hollywood people Love-Hewitt and Spielberg
a few years ago is out and has been spamming
the wildest CPS paranoid propaganda.

But she is using an identity she thinks is anonymous.

gideon, Was it system actors or hostile in-laws
who posted these photographs?

Return to “Round Table”