Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

Missingher

Cops stop CPS trying to remove kids

Postby Missingher » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:09 pm

Cops stop CPS from taking grandkids

JOEY DAUBEN
January 8th, 2009

The Ellis County Press

MIDLOTHIAN – Connie Moody’s grandchildren were threatened for removal by Child Protective Services until they met three Midlothian police officers who knew Moody, according to testimony given at a CPS compliance hearing Monday, Jan. 5.

Two of the officers, Dustin Compton and Chris Simmons, were called out to Moody’s house on Clinton Lane in Midlothian in late October to act as witnesses to CPS’ Christina Fewin’s attempts to remove Moody’s grandchildren.

During the court hearing before Ellis County Court at Law No. 1 Judge Greg Wilhelm, CPS admitted a provision in court documents only recommended the grandchildren’s removal. Moody alleged CPS of claiming they had a court order to remove them.

However, the officers looked at Fewin’s paperwork, Moody said, and told her it was "just a piece of paper, not a court order."

Moody then told Judge Wilhelm and the courtroom that Fewin had threatened the officers with interference with a court order and the law if they refused to allow the removal.

CPS later left the scene, Moody said, whose 12-year-old son was at the center of the dispute Monday.

Moody and her ex-husband, James Johnson, were both ordered to take required counseling classes so 12-year-old Christian could facilitate contact again with his mom, who he has not seen in over 90 days.

Wilhelm, a Republican appointed to the bench in 2007 after Judge Bob Carroll’s retirement, stressed the importance of the son re-connecting with his mom, despite CPS testimony Monday Christian told them he did not want any contact with her.

Also See "Ellis County CPS suffers another blow"

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:45 pm

Momoffor

Postby Momoffor » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:46 pm

Missingher

Postby Missingher » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:06 am

Here it is for those that dont click on the link .... Please everyone start flooding that box!

SaraSpector.com was removed from the Internet after I somehow “violated” the terms of service on WordPress.com, the blog hosting company that I built SS.com on.

(how funny, the initials are SS — as are the tactics used by Spector and her CPS ilk)

The site was to be a centralized Web site for all of the CPS horror stories (comments are not moderated) and the past coverage on this blog and on The Ellis County Press that readers can now access:

http://www.SaraSpector.com
Yes, I bought SaraSpector.com to facilitate the rapid projection of public opinion from the “CPS isn’t held accountable to anyone” to the “CPS has destroyed lives and now we’re going to fight back.”

Readers, I am asking that you start flooding my Inbox and my Web site with your horror stories - published or not. I am re-launching SaraSpector.com somehow and I will absolutely not be intimidated by prosecutors and agents of CPS who have tried to take this site down.

Note: The Ellis County Press publisher has said all of the content will now be put on the ECP.com site.

Here is the e-mail I sent to WordPress.com:

To: WordPress.com

I am the owner and creator of the WP blog, SaraSpector.WordPress.com.

This site/blog was to expose the Child Protective Services and its agents in the Dallas, Texas area.

I would like to know how this blog violated your terms of service.

And, if there was a request made by CPS or any of its agents or any legal authority to have it removed, I would like to obtain a copy and/or a confirmation that that request was in fact made.

I can do so by a friendly request to WP, or I can do so through a subpoena. I am not threatening, I am just simply allowing for the availability of resources that I have.

The subject - Sara Spector - attempted to have a judge keep information from going on an Internet web site or in my newspaper. She requested this yesterday in open court. The judge denied and rejected that request.

This is the second time that this lady has made that request in court.

The site will be going back up in some form, whether on your platform or not. So if I have violated any part of your terms of service, please point me to that particular violation.

LindaJM

Postby LindaJM » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:58 am

How about having your blog here on FightCPS? I could add it on easily enough.
Sample Document Library

Please keep in mind that none of us are lawyers and we can't give legal advice. We are simply telling you what we would do in a similar situation. It is to your advantage to get a lawyer.

"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke ... so try to do something to change the system ...

Return to “In the News”