A place to post and discuss news.

Moderators: family_man, LindaJM

tommixx

Angels In Waiting File Three Reports To CPS About Octo Mom

Postby tommixx » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:51 pm

Angels In Waiting File Three Reports To CPS About Octo Mom
Tuesday March 24, 2009

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/octo-mom ... an-2009243

Nadya Suleman on March 10, 2009 in Los Angeles, California.
Jason Mitchell / Buzz Foto / Film Magic

Angels in Waiting USA have made three complaints to Child Protective Services about Nadya Suleman.

On Dr. Phil, airing Wednesday and Thursday this week, Suleman, attorney Gloria Allred and representatives from AIW USA explain why the deal between the non-profit and the mother of the octuplets fell through.

Meet the octuplet babies!

Suleman fired AIW USA earlier this week. They had previously agreed to help provide wraparound care for Suleman and her 14 children.

Allred, who represents AIW USA, gave her assessment of the fall-out during the upcoming show, “I think the real reason that Nadya has not been able to continue with Angels in Waiting may be the fact that not one, but three reports had to be filed with Child Protective Service by Angels in Waiting [who] are mandated reporters under the law.”

The substance of those three complaints will be discussed in the show.

See Octo Mom's family album.

But speaking by telephone, Suleman explained her side, “The primary issue was that myself [sic] and my nannies felt extremely uncomfortable. I personally felt like a stranger in my own home. The goal was to empower me as a mother, help me, train me. I'm open to that, I want that, I want to do the very best for these … premature babies. I wanted them [AIW USA] to use their training and knowledge to help guide me. I felt that was never accomplished. I felt as though every time I tried to hold the babies, feed the babies, they would be observing and they were waiting for me to make a mistake.”

See how Octo Mom spends her days.

Four of the octuplets have now left the hospital and are being cared for at home by nannies Suleman hired herself. Their care is also being supervised by Kaiser Permanente Bellflower Hospital.

“I’m disappointed that the two parties could not find common ground to work together. Now my concern for the 14 children continues to be my singular focus,” said Dr. Phil in the opening of Wednesday’s show.

The special episodes of Dr. Phil will air Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th.
CURRENTLY CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES VIOLATES MORE CIVIL RIGHTS ON A DAILY BASIS THEN ALL OTHER AGENCIES COMBINED INCLUDING THE NSA/CIA WIRETAPING PROGRAM....

Return to “In the News”